• 2 weeks later...

You know what would be awesome? I'd totally do this if I was a game development studio, :)...

To pick little things like this (low-INT dialogue), and animated grass/trees, etc. (the things we're kinda like "Aww, man... oh well, the game will still be awesome" about), and periodically tell everyone "Oh, sorry, we've gotta abandon that, -_____-".

Then, when the game comes out, just go all "SURPRISE! JUST KIDDING! ALL THAT STUFF'S IN! HAH!"

Talk about an expectation grenade. 8P

• Like 4

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

You know what would be awesome? I'd totally do this if I was a game development studio, :)...

To pick little things like this (low-INT dialogue), and animated grass/trees, etc. (the things we're kinda like "Aww, man... oh well, the game will still be awesome" about), and periodically tell everyone "Oh, sorry, we've gotta abandon that, -_____-".

Then, when the game comes out, just go all "SURPRISE! JUST KIDDING! ALL THAT STUFF'S IN! HAH!"

Talk about an expectation grenade. 8P

I know it's silly, but I'm still hoping that they'll actually do that in regards to CNPC:s, being all like "Haha, just kidding, there's actually 16 and Cadegun is totally one of them."

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

U surely wouldn't expect low int dialog be in game xD

I bet 4M dollars has already been spent and they work hard for the sake of new IP

I just hope Obsidian gathers good amount of income from PoE so they could make a good expansian and PoE II..

Btw is there a joke behind '' Bending the Wookie '' ??

Edited by morrow1nd

Never say no to Panda!

U surely wouldn't expect low int dialog be in game xD

I bet 4M dollars has already been spent and they work hard for the sake of new IP

I just hope Obsidian gathers good amount of income from PoE so they could make a good expansian and PoE II..

Btw is there a joke behind '' Bending the Wookie '' ??

Considering that Cain said he wanted it in the game, it wasn't that much of a stretch to expect. I don't think anyone expects it to be in *now*, as such a late addition, but still.

Pillars of Eternity hopefully makes enough for the expansion, and then they'll hopefully do another Kickstarter for PoE II, partly funding it with PoE and partly through KS.

t50aJUd.jpg

I hope it's in, I loved the low intelligence dialog in Arcanum.

There should never be a "dump stat".

• Like 4

"It is an extraordinary act of courage to come to know a stranger's pain. To even consider such a thing demands a profound dispensation, a willingness to wear someone else's chains, to taste their suffering, to see with one's own eyes the hue cast on all things -- the terrible stain that is despair."

-Tulas Shorn

"Toll the Hounds" by Steven Erikson

• 2 weeks later...

I love low-INT dialog, myself.  Last night I finally remembered to give a character 14 INT so I could check out that optional dialog with the folks at the start there that give you the quest to flush the target out of the town.  Sadly, it was just an extra line of dialog that didn't change anything.  Still, it's cool whenever stats can made any changes to dialog.

Speaking of that - do my companions stats never play into dialog?  Is it only the main characters stats and skills and class and etc.?  I always thought it was handled well in Storm of Zehir where you could select a character during dialog and get his options to pick, as if he were "speaking up" during the conversation.

It seems to me that low-INT conversations would be something beneficial that modders could bring to the game. Assuming the capability exists to implement it.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It seems to me that low-INT conversations would be something beneficial that modders could bring to the game. Assuming the capability exists to implement it.

I'm sure it does, but honestly, I don't see anyone doing it. It'd be a major, major undertaking (far greater than doing it during the development of the game) for very little "payout".

Would be cool, though, for sure. Tim'd probably give the dev a cookie.

t50aJUd.jpg