Movies you've seen recently

LadyCrimson

saw that Birdman thingy, and it was awesome. great camerawork, but you'll be hearing that a lot now.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

^^ I saw that trailer a while back..looks funny and I like Tahmoh. Haven't registered at the site yet tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Having grown up with a sister who was obsessed with 21 Jump Street when it was on tv, I finally got around to skimming through the movie. While it had some amusing bits - especially the "Tom Hansen and Doug Penhall" reveal, I found most of it rather tiresome. Basically trying to stretch the whole joke about them not looking like high school kids into an excuse for stupid behaviour more then funny.

I guess I can only take so much of stupid as funny, and an entire film hinging on that doesn't really work for me.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm unaware of any site you have to register at.

Try this:

http://riftworldchronicles.com/movie.mp4

sorcerer.gif

Hm. Thanks. :)

At one time the Riftworld Chronicles site was a portal to see the Portal, but I guess now it's more for new stuff based on Portal. Or something. Looks like it's up on YT as well now.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Eraserhead (1977)

*sigh*/10

Is this movie supposed to be disturbing? thought-provoking? All i was left doing was either almost screaming at the screen "Do something!!!", laugh at it or just having a frowned face. Great special effects and cinematography though.

It wasn't well received when it came out; it got a cult following that has risen in stature over the years. Whether its disturbing or not, I think is up to the viewer (it was as I recall, originally inspired by Franz Kafka's Metamorphisis and other absurdist/surrealist works).

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

For those people who were worried the idea of "hybrid dinosaurs" would turn Jurassic Park silly, the design of the hybrid dinosaur has leaked and it's... another dinosaur, pretty much. Now we only have to worry about domesticated raptors turning it silly. :lol:

Spoilers from merchandise promos, open at your own risk if you don't want to be spoiled.

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1176702/jurassic_world_hybrid.jpg

Wow, sorry for the double post but I think this deserves a bump.

Disney has reportedly tapped in Chris Pratt, who played Space Indiana Jones in the most succesful movie of the year, to take the the part of Regular Indiana Jones in their latest bid to get that franchise off the ground again.

Disney has reportedly tapped in Chris Pratt, who played Space Indiana Jones in the most succesful movie of the year, to take the the part of Regular Indiana Jones in their latest bid to get that franchise off the ground again.

Could Hollywood please wait  until i'm dead or with Alzheimer before they start ruining the franchises I grew up with?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"It's not like they're ruining your childhood memories, so much as sidling up in a suspicious manner, putting their hands in your pockets and molesting them somewhat..."

Could Hollywood please wait  until i'm dead or with Alzheimer before they start ruining the franchises I grew up with?

If you didn't think Indiana Jones was already a bit ruined by Crystal Skull, I don't know what to think.

• Like 4
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Why not just make movies in the similar vein rather than rebooting things.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If you didn't think Indiana Jones was already a bit ruined by Crystal Skull, I don't know what to think.

Plus, the last report said they were going with Bradley Cooper. I find this a lot more fitting.

Plus, the last report said they were going with Bradley Cooper. I find this a lot more fitting.

Double plus, they've ditched Shia Labeouf.  I think the intention with Crystal Skull was to groom a new Indy, but they chose an insane person for the part.  

I still think River Phoenix is the only true heir to the Indy throne.  RIP.

I half wonder if they couldn't have run it with Sean Patrick Flanery now..

He did a pretty good showing as Young Indy in the Chronicles, and with his current age now, you could probably work nicely to do some Pre-Raiders of the Ark stories.. Unless they're doing it as a total reboot.

Why not just make movies in the similar vein rather than rebooting things.

Something I've always wondered too - but then spin offs tend to do very badly.. as do reboots I suppose, but they have a somewhat better track record.

Fortune favors the bald.

No.

New All-Female 'Ghostbusters' Cast Chosen.

*sigh*

This just screams "oooh, we are going to tap into the current generation with this"-focusgrouping.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The cast is good, I just don't like the idea of a Ghostbuters reboot or whatever it's supposed to be. I know why studios do it, I just wish they wouldn't.

I can imagine the cast being in a completely separate movie that shares themes with ghostbusters. And that's what I always advocate for, just because I see greater flexibility and don't have to worry that if it flops, it'll drag fond memories with it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Actually I think the Ghostbusters cast is fantastic.  Every one of those girls is hilarious, and I can see them fitting into the roles perfectly.  I have high expectations.

Hurlshot is 100% correct guys, the cast looks amazing and I'm confident they will deliver an entertaining experience  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Let's go fullout with this:

- Alien remake starring Alexander Skarsgaard

- Sex & City starring white men

...and so on, or is this proposition not in touch with the youth?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy