Movies you've seen recently

LadyCrimson

Im sure there was lots of red, white and blue poured into the movie but I found a few points striking:

That he joined the SEALs as old as he was. That his first kill ever was a child, followed by the mother (Imagine having to take that shot). A 2200 yard kill!

Im sure there was lots of red, white and blue poured into the movie but I found a few points striking:

That he joined the SEALs as old as he was. That his first kill ever was a child, followed by the mother (Imagine having to take that shot). A 2200 yard kill!

As a matter of fact I thought it was pretty light on the "hur dur Murica is da best", the focus was more on the life of a solider, I just wasn't that taken in by the movie. Guess it makes a difference when it's your solider.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

So basically he's an ****/war criminal ?

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

So basically he's an ****/war criminal ?

Nope, American hero, though many thought he was an outrageous liar.

Though if the move is to be believed, it was a justified kill.

Edited by Sarex

How do they "confirm" a kill? Someone else had to see it or just whatever the sniper says happened?

Copypasta:

"It has to be witnessed and logged by another soldier, generally the sniper's spotter."

it's actually very accurate when it comes to equipment, SEALs are using proper Mk18 carbines, for god's sake

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Dylan Dog - Dead of Night

Brandon Routh from a few years ago playing a fading private investigator pulled back into the New Orleans supernatural world. It can't quite seem to decide if its a comedy, or a horror or some weird blend of investigative action-mystery, but it has a certain enjoyable campy edge to the proceedings. With the typical assortment of vampires, werewolves, and assorted zombie types lurking around the French Quarter...

See? That's just what this case needed. A seven-foot tall, flesh-eating zombie. Which begs the question, are there any actual people left in New Orleans?

Dylan Dog is an italian comic heavily inspired on horror, light sci-fi, fantasy and detective films and books. the main character is an ex scotland yard detective that quit after his irish girlfriend was sentenced to death as a member or IRA. he then proceeded to scam people pretending to be an expert on ghosts, until his affinity for the supernatural took over and he started getting involved with actual supernatural stuff like witches, time travels, ghosts, the lochness monster, moby **** (that was a briliantly writen volume) etc. however, they kept a Scooby Doo-ish style where most of the events were caused deliberatelly or accidentally by humans, and while the supernatural made its presence known, it was never the major factor in the events (to make an example: in the lochness case, the investigation revealed that the entire incident, supposedly caused by the monster, was because of a toxic tropical algae that a ship had brought into the lake and that the company and authorities tried to cover up to avoid responsibility for the ecological damage. the supernatural presence was when semi unconscious, he saw Nessie eating the algae to prevent it from spreading around the lake, and indeed later reports showed that the expansion of the algae was strangely contained). 

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

John Wick.

I'd definitely rate it up there as one of the better action/revenge flicks of the last few years. I mean, it's not out and out amazing, but pretty damn good for the genre. Helped by a lot of very good supporting actors. It's full of "thatguy/thoseguys", face's you'll know who are pretty damn good at acting in those roles.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Watched The Man in the High Castle tv show pilot from Amazon.

It actually wasn't that bad at all and I am hoping they will produce at least one season of it. Wouldn't be surprised if they'd then go with time travel and such, like a possible sequel to the original book would have been. In any case, I am quite tensed.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

John Wick was a blast, very entertaining.  

Liked it, would watch sequel. Also Keanu is an underrated actor, everyone seems to still be hung up on Ted and Billy.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

He's grown into his own but a lot of his earlier parts, even post-Bill and Ted, had him unable to act his way out of a wet paper bag. The Matrix, Point Break, Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Watcher... he's extremely wooden in all of them. The Matrix is kinda forgivable since it fits, but the others not so much. He's a lot better now.

He's grown into his own but a lot of his earlier parts, even post-Bill and Ted, had him unable to act his way out of a wet paper bag. The Matrix, Point Break, Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Watcher... he's extremely wooden in all of them. The Matrix is kinda forgivable since it fits, but the others not so much. He's a lot better now.

I never had a problem with his deadpan style, I always saw him emote when it counted and it didn't felt fake. But The Watcher was atrocious and he should get better friends that won't forge his signature and force him to make bad movies.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I still think Keanu is a very limited actor, and I hope he never does Shakespeare again. What I do think is that he's very aware of his limitations by now and (usually) picks films that suit his abilities.

Walk Among the Tombstones - did I mention this one yet?

I was expecting something like Taken and the first 5 minutes gives you that impression. Then it slows down to this snail pace of a mystery-serial murder-thriller. Not like Taken. Liam's still in that tough-guy, walk w/an attitude mode, but the film is more deliberate and moody. Wasn't great, wasn't bad.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, Keannu works in John Wick because the character is meant to be very self-contained and controlled for the majority of the film. Even the start, where he's going through the funeral has that..slow loss/grief being held in check feel.  I was impressed that he managed that angry outburst sequence towards the end, so it actually worked quite well.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Keanu needs to team up with Neeson for an action flick.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra