Movies you've seen recently

LadyCrimson

The Dracula from 1992 starring Gary Oldman and Winona Rider. It was a bit boring and too much kissyface.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That Poltergeist trailer is absolutely terrible. It's like an action movie trailer. It made me think of R.I.P.D. more than anything scary.

What? There's a reboot?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Can we expect two bad sequels?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well, whatever it is, it's not horror. Half the shots are someone being dragged, jumped or thrown. That seems like an action movie thing to me. The only thing missing is explosions.

Hmm, that criteria's pretty broad, IMO. If running around and people being dragged or jumped on in a trailer made films an action film then it'd class the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre as an action film

Or Phantasm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmcR8_2RinY

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Did you guys catch the news about Spider-Man? He's going to be part of the MCU now, Sony and Marvel finally agreed to the deal. This means that the next Spider-Man movie, possibly a reboot, will be an MCU movie. He may show up in Captain America 3, but Thor 3 is being delayed to give him a slot, along with 3 other films. All leading to his inclusion in Infinity War.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Did you guys catch the news about Spider-Man? He's going to be part of the MCU now, Sony and Marvel finally agreed to the deal. This means that the next Spider-Man movie, possibly a reboot, will be an MCU movie. He may show up in Captain America 3, but Thor 3 is being delayed to give him a slot, along with 3 other films. All leading to his inclusion in Infinity War.

Its a good bet he'll be in the 3rd Captain America (if there's time to fit him in). Spider-Man was important to the comic Civil War storyline, and it was one of the reasons Marvel was pushing for the deal from what I hear.

I didn't say it would be an action film, I'd say the trailer made it look like one. And to be honest, neither of those trailers are very representative of their films either.

I think they are representative, in their way. That's why I don't sweat the trailers too much if there's something of interest.

I do see a lot of derivative ideas in the Poltergeist trailer (particularly from THE CONJURING and INSIDIOUS and possibly other James Wan films moreso than the original film) but there's enough there to make me want to see what the film is like.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"Can we expect two bad sequels?"

HUH? Part 2 was pretty damn good and part 3 was definitely watchable albeit weird.

I'm not sure how they can top the creepy preacher in part 2. Julian Beck was perfectly cast in terms of bringing out the creepyness of that character.

• Like 1

They got rid of Andrew Garfield? God dammit. He was great as Spidey. I take it this doesn't bode well for the Sinister Six and Venom?

Sinister Six is delayed, no word on the other movie plans (which may need to change given this news).

Garfield is 31, he only wanted to continue (IIRC) if Webb was directing and even if he was willing to come back, I'm not sure Marvel would want to pin a multifilm (and thus multiyear) deal on him to play a teen/early 20s character.

It should also be pointed out that this is only conjecture that he's out, but seems solid conjecture.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

Wow, didn't realise he was that old. I still think he was great in the role however and with all the other bus pass carrying members of the Avengers it might not have hurt to say the Spider-Man movies happened a few years earlier and let the character grow up. It's good to see Spider-Man be a part of the MCU either way though.

I didn't think he wanted to be Spiderman anymore anyway

that works out perfect, 'cause we didn't want him to continue being spider-man.  garfield managed to be less likable than tobey maguire, which is actual taking some effort given what a douche mr. maguire is.  perhaps just as bad, andrew's on-screen chemistry with emma stone were terrible.  we has never been a fan o' kirsten dunst and yet she and the aforementioned douche were a better on-screen couple than were garfield and stone, who actual happened to be a couple in real life.

last couple spider-man movies were a mess  in large part because o' garfield... can't blame it all on the electro character.  we actual liked many characters not named spider-man in the recent movies.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That's just like your opinion, man!

I loved Garfield as Spider-Man. But I'm one of those freaks who thinks the only thing really wrong with ASM 2 was Green Goblin. If he'd been left out it would have been fantastic.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I didn't have a problem with Garfield or Maguire.

The character Maguire played was the nerdy character I expected Peter to be; Garfields version was the cool outsider/rebel and I didn't think that was an easy fit for the character. Liked he was able to quip and fight though - something missing from the Rami films.

Most of my problems with ASM2 were with the script - because just like Spider-Man 3 they tried to cram too many concepts into one film. Actually my problems with ASM1 were with the script as well, but I'd hoped 2 would fix those problems rather than make it worse (although I also didn't like either the visualization or characterization of The Lizard in 1. The ASM2 villains faired slightly better except Rhino).

• Like 1