Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

I'm starting over now that I know what's what

What's what?

I've put in a decent amount of time and am pretty unsure about somethings. Staffs would benefit from a bit of tuning and a lot of abilities don't work right. Sometimes the AI goes full ****wit and ends up screwing the encounter and I'm not really sold on the reduction in sustained abilities. Also, the difficulty spikes could be better conveyed, going from easy bandits to high level demons is a bit jarring.

And of course, Arcane Warrior will remain the best specialization in all DAO games, Knight Enchanter isn't as awesome.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"So it have stats...?

In know about the game, through videos, through peoples commenting, didn't play it doesn't mean don't know, and doesn't mean ignorance. It is like everybody know about sex even never doing it. Now you insult me even i never one bit insulting you

I have lost my respect toward you"

Look. You constantly state things that are factually wrong (not just opinions). That is why I am being 'mean'. It's not personal. I don't care if you hate the game. People hate games. That's not a biggy. But, please don't make stuff up. It makes the people who  are being unreasonable but unsure believe soemthing that isn't true. It'll be like the pro side making up a blatant lie 9as opposed to having an opinion) to convince people.  It's simply wrong.

"With this, there is no class whatsoever, the player can customize their character as the player want not restricted to Warrior, Rogue and Mage"

Uhh... Warrior, mage, and rogue all play differently. They have vastly different abilities nad usless. On top of combat abilities they also have non combat abilities that seperate them. Rogues can open doors, warriors can bash walls down, and mages  can create magical bridges and open/close magic doors/gateways.

From this, i know you are just a nitpicker, i don't want to waste my time with you

Like your opinion matters anyway....

• Like 1

I'm starting over now that I know what's what

What's what?

I've put in a decent amount of time and am pretty unsure about somethings. Staffs would benefit from a bit of tuning and a lot of abilities don't work right. Sometimes the AI goes full ****wit and ends up screwing the encounter and I'm not really sold on the reduction in sustained abilities. Also, the difficulty spikes could be better conveyed, going from easy bandits to high level demons is a bit jarring.

And of course, Arcane Warrior will remain the best specialization in all DAO games, Knight Enchanter isn't as awesome.

Do you want story spoilers?

Also, I wanted to make a normal sized Inquisitor as I'm tired of my Qunari clipping into himself or blocking the screen during convos and cutscenes.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Also, the difficulty spikes could be better conveyed, going from easy bandits to high level demons is a bit jarring.

I literally just went through this. Got wiped like a nerdy kid with glasses playing kickball. Or dodgeball, I can never remember. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I've also been cheating by

changing my system time to complete the war table missions that are crazy long

Funny how Bioware figured to prevent Masterwork save-scumming by seeding the materials but didn't think to stop players from doing as you have done.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Also, the difficulty spikes could be better conveyed, going from easy bandits to high level demons is a bit jarring.

I literally just went through this. Got wiped like a nerdy kid with glasses playing kickball. Or dodgeball, I can never remember. 

ah, good times. we were home-schooled for the most part. our grandfather inspected the local rez school and refused to allow us to be educated in such a place. there were a short-lived experiment that involved having us attend the local public school, but that didn't work out so well as it were too distant for regular attendance, particularly during the winter when the rez roads were covered in +8' snow drifts.  even so, we loved dodgeball.  we were as athletically gifted as we were spiteful. whatever abuses we suffered from the townies at recess were delivered back unto them three-fold during PE, particularly on dodgeball days. good times.

high school were even better as football allowed us to actual hit people... we got to hit people frequent and forceful, and we were encouraged to do so by coaches. took us a bit longer to embrace the team concept, but as long as we still got to hit folks, we were happy. good times.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Sure.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Sure.

But please make sure you  use the proper spoiler tags so others don't accidently read what you say geek.gif

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I won't spoil any details about Cole other than that he is indeed a rogue.

Agreed, for the most part, on the animations. They are still over the top at times but I don't mind them as much.

And he is the best.

Like, combat and talking.

He wouldn't dream of it, I'm sure. 

Also, is there a meta-game tip for an ideal time to leave the Hinterlands, or, not. Asking for a friend who suffers from completionism.

Level 7 or 8.

• Like 2

I can't seem to find a path that will allow me to reach the North/Eastern part of the Exalted Plains.  There's this massive wall of rock that seems to divide that part of the map from the rest of the Exalted Plains.

I've managed to get the Inquisition engineers to open that blocked path, but it only seems to lead to that underground thing with the statue and light puzzle (which I can't seem to solve).  Is that the only way through?  By solving that puzzle?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still early in the game, but I find Cassandra to be a terrific character. Consistent yet capable of growth. And, now, knowing she's played by a 'lovely blonde' is all the more impressive. The actress couldnt' come off anymore different than Cassandra.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

He wouldn't dream of it, I'm sure. 

Also, is there a meta-game tip for an ideal time to leave the Hinterlands, or, not. Asking for a friend who suffers from completionism.

Level 7 or 8.

I think the next crit path story quest is in the 4 to 7 range but I don't think I left until around 8

I ended up overlevelled for a few areas because you get no kill xp if you are more than 3 levels above your opponent but I didn't mind it

Sure.

Thar be spoilers

Free games updated 3/4/21

Still early in the game, but I find Cassandra to be a terrific character. Consistent yet capable of growth. And, now, knowing she's played by a 'lovely blonde' is all the more impressive. The actress couldnt' come off anymore different than Cassandra.

That's sweet, I like to see people develop a little Romance crush on characters in a RPG

Welcome to my world Volo, the world of Romance where you are never truly alone :wub:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's fairly tactical

Mind = blown.

---

So I finally forced myself - no, not to buy DA:I of course, just to watch a letsplay a little. I wish I didn't. I thought I was prepared to see some retarded **** but now I can only say... WOW, THIS **** IS RETARDED! Yeah, caps intended. I could only watch it for an hour or so before my brain rebelled and told me it'd hate me for the rest of our symbiotic life should I continue torturing it like that.

I realize that if I were 10 and DA:I were my very first game then perhaps I'd have a different opinion. But it's rated M, isn't it? (Not that I didn't play M-rated games when I was 10. So maybe 10 year olds are indeed the new key demographics for BioWare.)

Edited by prodigydancer
  • Like 1

"That's sweet, I like to see people develop a little Romance crush on characters in a RPG

Welcome to my world Volo, the world of Romance where you are never truly alone wub.png"

Has nothing to with 'romance'. Just a well written character. Period. Afterall, Varric is one of my faves too.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's fairly tactical

Mind = blown.

---

So I finally forced myself - no, not to buy DA:I of course, just to watch a letsplay a little. I wish I didn't. I thought I was prepared to see some retarded **** but now I can only say... WOW, THIS **** IS RETARDED! Yeah, caps intended. I could only watch it for an hour or so before my brain rebelled and told me it'd hate me for the rest of our symbiotic life should I continue torturing it like that.

I realize that if I were 10 and DA:I were my very first game then perhaps I'd have a different opinion. But it's rated M, isn't it? (Not that I didn't play M-rated games when I was 10. So maybe 10 year olds are indeed the new key demographics for BioWare.)

There is no more calculation involved, it's not turn based anymore, Bioware have to re-do the whole mechanic if want to patch it up, i think will not be...just see

Maybe on paper they thought people will love to always pause to give commands, so they make it that way and say "it's tactical"

Tactic such as in previous game need "turns", since there is no "turns" anymore, it become like we have seen so far, always pause to give command, pause and command, pause and command, because every character we issue command will execute without "turns".

Now they based on script, no longer based on "turns"...but sadly the AI setting also bad, not like before. The result is actually party members and enemies that are not in our control only following their default script, what makes the difference is some factors such as health, mana, damage and level. It look like they are fighting, but they actually just following script.

So, i strongly said again, they cannot give auto attack for PC users, unless they want to re-do the whole mechanic. Before it was enemy attributes against our attributes, that determine the hit, miss, block, evade, saved....now it just you click you hit, enemy move away you don't hit

Edited by Qistina

"That's sweet, I like to see people develop a little Romance crush on characters in a RPG

Welcome to my world Volo, the world of Romance where you are never truly alone wub.png"

Has nothing to with 'romance'. Just a well written character. Period. Afterall, Varric is one of my faves too.

Nope, I don't believe you, You are in looooooooooooove .....don't be embarrassed..nothing to be ashamed about :dancing:

John Milton