Rosbjerg

So, everything, Tale.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Can you spoiler me about Hawke and what is he/she doing after DA2?

It kind of depends. One person reported for a Hawke that sided with the Templars, Hawke went into hiding after the Templars started taking Red Lyrium.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So, everything, Tale.

I think you're making a big deal out of nothing.  Bioware is coming across as tolerant of the LGBT community in their writing?  *gasp*

They have consistently pushed a socially progressive agenda, it's not new.  If it bothers you, there are plenty of games out there that avoid social issues.

Can you spoiler me about Hawke and what is he/she doing after DA2?

It kind of depends. One person reported for a Hawke that sided with the Templars, Hawke went into hiding after the Templars started taking Red Lyrium.

The line he gave me (I had him Support the Mages) was that he fled kirkwall to make the exalted march that was supposed to come have to divide it's forces to hunt for him AND try to retake Kirkwall. The reason for him showing up is because the villain is tied into his adventures in DA2 + DLC

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Lol, tolerance is about the relationship of the "other" towards some group or other - if your lead writer is homosexual and your lead cinematic designer is talking about his man crush on his twitter profile then what you really have is them doing their own thing for their own entertainment/agenda. Which there is nothing wrong with in itself, unless you they try to pass it off as "tolerance", about doing the "socially right thing" when you're actually doing it in your own interest.

Besides, a society in which a popular multi-million dollar game made by openly gay people with gay content can hardly be described as intolerant to start with, so there goes that BS out of the window too.

• Like 1

So, everything, Tale.

I think you're making a big deal out of nothing.  Bioware is coming across as tolerant of the LGBT community in their writing?  *gasp*

They have consistently pushed a socially progressive agenda, it's not new.  If it bothers you, there are plenty of games out there that avoid social issues.

drowsy and bioware is both silly.

drowsy is silly for making a big deal over nothing.

bioware is silly 'cause they is trying to fix a seeming inconsistency between sten comments from da:o regarding female roles in qunari society, and subsequent dragon age content that makes apparent that females is able to fight. enough people complain over the years about sten comments that bioware felt need to explain? either shoulda' stuck with original qunari perspective we got via sten, or shoulda' simple ignored the inconsistency they created rather than giving a silly in-game explanation-- let geeky fans come up with a resolution beyond the scope o' the game.

regardless, is silly... drowsy and bioware.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It is nothing, in a sense. The actual quality of the game overshadows and overwhelms those elements either way (which, like romances tend to be poor on their own merit, anyway). If DAI sucks, it won't be because of male companions wanting to pork the PC, but from other, important faults.

I'm just annoyed by their SJW posturing BS, because it just so happens to be in a genre I like to play and on the very short list of such big name games. And because they're hypocrites. 

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

A little update about the control scheme as I'm playing. 

I've fiddled more with the controls and discovered there is auto-attack in tactical cam. If you enter tactical cam, issue orders and unpause from within the tactical cam itself, your party members will auto-attack, even the one you are controlling. 

What was confusing was when you enter tactical view, it auto-pauses and un-pauses when you leave tactical view. Being used to the control schemes of the previous games, I naturally thought of the process as pause-issue orders-unpause cycle. I was actually going back and forth between two different play perspectives that had different control schemes: thus my initial frustration.

The pause feature and the tactical cam are two different functions in DAI. You have to think of tactical cam as entering a different system then pausing and unpausing from there. So now I enter tactical view using the mouse wheel and then use spacebar to pause and unpause from there. Once I figured this out, the combat played a lot like DAO and I'm having a lot more fun. 

I feel the camera itself is still very limiting still. It needs more zoom out and panning the camera is still a chore. If you're ever in a wooded area or enclosed space, the tactical camera does a poor job of showing you the entire battlefield. It can definitely be better optimized. 

I would still like autoattack in non tactical camera mode for easier battles. 

Overall, I'm having a lot of fun exploring, collecting and questing. The environments are great to look at: vastly improved over the two previous games. Varric's and Cassandra's banter while exploring made me chuckle a few times. 

• Like 1

The amount of bioware hate has reached overwhelming levels. Maybe its that I'm old, but the web now-days feels to be filled with child's without real opinions and arguments to defend. Its allways "this game is awesome" or "this game sucks" mode, never a ****ing self-made analysis with pros and cons anymore.

And this comes from a man who thinks that DA2 is one of the worst AAA games to ever came out. (the 1st position is for C&C4, for ruining the franchise that I couldn't keep playing to finish the story I loved from the original C&C)

game fans is increasingly odd to Gromnir. the whole "gaming journalism" nonsense that has been captivating gamers recently strikes us as bizarre on multiple levels. suggest that, perhaps, a character build is inefficient and it sends some into a frothing rage?  okie dokie. got a guy complains 'bout bioware hypocrisy in same post he admits that the bioware gay stuff is not actual an issue o' consequence? we check bioware boards suggestions and feedback section for da:i to see if folks is complaining about tactical camera myopia, but the two longest threads on the first 10 pages is, we kid you not, complaints 'bout a lack o' a manly gay romance (57 pages), and rage over absence o' qunari hair (145 pages). no other suggestion/feedback thread from first 10 pages is even 20 pages in length.

actual, after a quick review, there is one thread that also exceeds 20 pages: http://forum.bioware.com/topic/516176-skyhold-casual-apparel/

are you kidding?

Gromnir is outta touch. we ain't a reactionary game luddite such as we see grousing at codex, but we clear don't have much in common with the bioware fanbase. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

game fans is increasingly odd to Gromnir. the whole "gaming journalism" nonsense that has been captivating gamers recently strikes us as bizarre on multiple levels. suggest that, perhaps, a character build is inefficient and it sends some into a frothing rage?  okie dokie. got a guy complains 'bout bioware hypocrisy in same post he admits that the bioware gay stuff is not actual an issue o' consequence? we check bioware boards suggestions and feedback section for da:i to see if folks is complaining about tactical camera myopia, but the two longest threads on the first 10 pages is, we kid you not, complaints 'bout a lack o' a manly gay romance (57 pages), and rage over absence o' qunari hair (145 pages). no other suggestion/feedback thread from first 10 pages is even 20 pages in length.

actual, after a quick review, there is one thread that also exceeds 20 pages: http://forum.bioware.com/topic/516176-skyhold-casual-apparel/

are you kidding?

Gromnir is outta touch. we ain't a reactionary game luddite such as we see grousing at codex, but we clear don't have much in common with the bioware fanbase. 

HA! Good Fun!

I went back to a deep, dark place...

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The amount of bioware hate has reached overwhelming levels. Maybe its that I'm old, but the web now-days feels to be filled with child's without real opinions and arguments to defend. Its allways "this game is awesome" or "this game sucks" mode, never a ****ing self-made analysis with pros and cons anymore.

And this comes from a man who thinks that DA2 is one of the worst AAA games to ever came out. (the 1st position is for C&C4, for ruining the franchise that I couldn't keep playing to finish the story I loved from the original C&C)

You do realize the post right above yours contains a "****ing self-made analysis with pros and cons" right?

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

@Hurlshot - are you playing on PC or Console?

PC.  It's not going great, I'll be honest with you.  I kind of wish I bought it on my PS4.  It's just not performing well.  My laptop is getting upt here in age, but I'm still a bit surprised.

Why Dragon Age:Origin quests is engaging? Why MMO style is boring?

i. most side quests in DA:O are just "along the way", we don't even realize we are doing a side quest, it is on the way anyway, so while doing the main quest are are also doing the side quests

ii. some side quests cannot be completed if not going through main quest, because the area are locked, it give the sense of "move along", meaning the main quest is what important and not chasing the side quests

iii. it makes us feel doing something important, for example become the Blackstone Irregular representative, the quest end up choosing the father or the son or none of them.

iv. only few NPCs giving side quests, some not worth to mention, doing it and get reward, not doing it not get any, the reward is not great anyway. But some quests do lead to some result in the epilogue, a surprise

v. we can do the quests as asked by NPCs, not like what they asked and not because they asked, for example Zathrian, we may begin the quests by agreeing to help him, or not and just wandering the Brecilian Forest and meet with those werewolves saying "no, i am not doing anything for the Dalish, i don't care about them, i am here just for fun and have nothing better to do"

vi. some quests we don't know why we are doing it, for example delivering a small box, we get reward and laughter, i can only assume it's actually a magical sex toy ordered from the Circle awaiting for delivery

vii. most quests end up following the flow of the main story, because most quests move along with the main story, so before going to the landsmeet, we are likely almost completed most quests

viii. companion quests are randomly activated, we may get ambushed anywhere turn out to be they are chasing Leliana, we are on the way to Orzamar, there is some sense of "i must pursue what is more important, i must meet the Orzamar king" or "i care for my friend, i will go to Denerim at once"

Lol, tolerance is about the relationship of the "other" towards some group or other - if your lead writer is homosexual and your lead cinematic designer is talking about his man crush on his twitter profile then what you really have is them doing their own thing for their own entertainment/agenda. Which there is nothing wrong with in itself, unless you they try to pass it off as "tolerance", about doing the "socially right thing" when you're actually doing it in your own interest.

Besides, a society in which a popular multi-million dollar game made by openly gay people with gay content can hardly be described as intolerant to start with, so there goes that BS out of the window too.

You keep "claiming " you have no issue with gay people yet you constantly feel the need to bring up the fact that Gaider is gay and how this has influenced Bioware

Then you use some strange logic that because Bioware is inclusive around there relationships somehow this is "intolerant "

Your entire perspective is contradictory :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Can confirm, against all odds, this game's got game. Not one shred of prejudice is true.

My human female warrior, her name is Natascha ... pretty cool, huh. 

Well you have female thor as you avatar so... :D

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

are you kidding?

HA! Good Fun!

Its not an issue if I'm asked to give an objective opinion about the game, but I personally find it annoying.

... but BW forums are even worse than I remember them.

...wait, they actually have respawning enemies in this game? Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

the two longest threads on the first 10 pages is, we kid you not, complaints 'bout a lack o' a manly gay romance (57 pages), and rage over absence o' qunari hair (145 pages). no other suggestion/feedback thread from first 10 pages is even 20 pages in length.

These are the issues BioWare community cares about because people who cared about anything else are no longer there (got banned or simply gave up long ago).

So when you label the codexers "luddites" please remember that the BSN crowd is a nice snapshot of your "progressive" alternative.

Edited by prodigydancer
  • Like 3

So, after playing more this evening I have had two things happen that are particularly remarkable.

1) I killed the Giant on the storm coast after he got beaten on by a Dragon.

2) I had to decide the fate of a barbarian chieftain who literally, threw goats at the walls of my Castle. As in you see an image of the wall of your castle with a goat next to it... then another one flies in from off screen to slam into the wall.

OEI4Z70.jpg

bdcTra3.jpg

77lCuah.jpg

Oh, the third image is after a bug with trying to jump up a hill into a cave (where the poor inquisitor got himself killed by a bear, 3 spiders and about 8 deep stalkers)

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.