Music - must - go on!

Rosbjerg

Got a new set of headphones for my daily train commute. Couldn't decide what to play first, so I hit random.

Got this.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Because reasons

(edit:video not need replication)

reminds us o' early-to-mid 80s videos.  sure, the production values were paltry back in the early days o' music video, but folks were less afraid that they might look silly.  

am in another one o' our blues moods

and a surprising good cover.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

This track feels massive with a hint of desperation and urgency. It sounds like a huge derelict gothic-industrial space station getting slowly sucked into a black hole, piece by piece. The protagonist is trying to get to his ship to escape but is struggling to move quickly in his worn cumbersome powered armor. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Just watched Adult World. It's soundtrack is almost exclusively made up of the music of The Handsome Furs, a band I had somehow not heard before.

It's a great soundtrack. Here's two samples:

<snip>

They somehow remind me of both MGMT and The Replacements at the same time, and I'm digging them more than MGMT (who I like).

Edited by Gorth
Removed second video (full frontal nudity)
  • Like 1

I miss music from the 80's

Kim Wilde - Cambodia (a pox on German television for never releasing that particular concert on dvd/blu-ray/anything hd)

http://youtu.be/sic4LKoCPfI

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

<snip>

Edited by Gorth, Today, 02:54 PM.

Removed second video (full frontal nudity)

Ha!

My bad. I didn't even notice the naked chica until after I had posted. At which point I thought, 'eh.. we'll see if this makes it past the censors. It's not really suggestive or sexual in any way, just art I'd say.' The cover of the album.

Here's the same song sans nude image:

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-20v1b5jKY

well, do you have ants in your pants? do you?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)