The Patriarchy (no girls allowed!)

Shallow

That is because your manliness is slipping. Man-up Marceror! You have nothing to fear from d1ck-slapping. It is wholesome and natural. I think.

Yes... this is clearly a sign that... my manliness is slipping. Clearly!

Wholesome and natural... totally.

/leaves to put on a jock strap. Uh... make that two.

Edited by Marceror

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I am avoiding this thread because I won't contribute towards anything that says  women aren't allowed to participate in but an interesting point has been raised.

What exactly is the issue with all the new members we are seeing? I don't get it, I am enjoying all the different perspectives. Its makes a refreshing change from our normal views

Oh, that's just human nature. People don't like change because... they don't like change.

"Back in my day we only had 50 - 60 posts a day around here, and that's how we liked it! Now we're getting more than that in an hour lots o' times. Site's going to hell in a hand basket I tell you," and all that.

I agree with this, I just want to say to all the regular  members that we should to be as welcoming as possible to new members. I have said this before but sometimes regular members come across as elitist and dismissive of new members comments. I don't think anyone wants an outcome on these forums where its just same people commenting on the same topics

Change is good :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"We don't take kindly to you new folk 'round here."

"Oh, yeah, well us new folk don't take kindly to being snubbed"

"Oh YEAH?! Well us old-timers don't take kindly to folk who don't take kindly"

:p

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Quiet, Noob.

Whatever happened to good old fashioned initiation rituals, like the gauntlet? All this influx of PC lovey-dovey feelzy, Dodgeball hating feministas are eradicating long observed protocol and hierarchy. Madness.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

First rule in a gunfight: identify your target. Homicide or not, this guy is a dangerous fool and shouldn't be allowed to run around in public or anywhere else where he might accidentally hurt or kill more people. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Edit : Nipples edited out due to complains (yes really)

~ Gorgon. 

We already have a thread with scantily clad ladies, so I'm not sure why we need it spilling into other threads.  

Although this thread is not exactly a shining moment in Obsidian history.   :getlost:

• Like 1

~ Gorgon. 

We already have a thread with scantily clad ladies, so I'm not sure why we need it spilling into other threads.  

Although this thread is not exactly a shining moment in Obsidian history.   :getlost:

In 300 years a keen young historian will base an entire thesis paper on this single thread, where in it will serve as a mirror of 21th century society.

After he's done with the paper, he will be sedated and wheeled into cryogenic stasis indefinitely per newly issued directive, as history will be considered to be bunk and of no use to society.

• Like 2

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

~ Gorgon. 

In 300 years a keen young historian will base an entire thesis paper on this single thread, where in it will serve as a mirror of 21th century society.

After he's done with the paper, he will be sedated and wheeled into cryogenic stasis indefinitely per newly issued directive, as history will be considered to be bunk and of no use to society.

Bull, Hollywood needs history in order to make crappy movies...Unless; there is no Hollywood in the future. Bright times ahead of us.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

~ Gorgon. 

I know this isn't Hurlshot typing. Hurlshot's wife, please don't hurt him. He has the right to resist oppression just like the rest of us. #FreeHurlshot

• Like 2

The patriarchy is an organization created for the purpose of opressing women, we're also a worldspanning enterprize. The patriarchy has full control of the globe, and we would personally like to assure you, we have full control of the situation, if you see or hear of a man being opressed by a woman, we guarantee that it is merely a fabrication made by us in order to further subdue women.

The patriarchy is also officially changing our transgender policy. Due to an influx of men who are obviously women on the inside into our organization, we declare that you not only be a man, but feel like a man, to be welcome within our evil headquarters inside the great mountain of manlyness. We should probably clarify that anyone lacking the glorious Y chromozome, regardless of what they feel they are, don't have the right to determine what they are or what they stand for, or for that matter, whether they're allowed to stand.

My fellow Patrirachs good afternoon.

Ahem...As a long standing member of the oppressive and evil Patriarchy I feel it is my duty to speak out and inform this august body on an issue troubling us all, this issue is of course the deplorable state of literature and prose in games. Even the finest exponents of prose in gaming garner no praise, and those whose work shine through are ignored and worst of all clicked through on the way to the next portion of gameplay. These gentlemen (and others whom I will not accept exist) work hard to bring us a coherent, nuanced and most importantly interactive narrative, that is all too often ignored and forgotten. For shame!

Now Nonek I hear you cry out, what can be done against the degenerate practises that bedevil prose in video games? How can the esteemed members of the Patriarchy, all glory to their name, make a stand against such blind ignorance? The answer is simple my friends, we reach out and initiate a dialogue with those whom adopt this degenerate policy, we initiate a discussion and try and meet somewhere in the middle, as respected, mature and intelligent consumers. Whom after all keep the industry alive with their custom.

I propose to do this by issuing a blanket statement condemning all "Readers" as subhuman scum, unworthy of the oxygen they are breathing. Vile, idiotic, racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, claustrophobic and French. Pollutants of our fair Earth whom should be harvested for spare parts and loose change, and that the literary community no longer needs.

I feel this respectful and moderate approach must surely reach out to our likeminded brethren, and take us forward into the future of thrilling interactive narrative that surely awaits. I urge this august body to say aye to this proposal, and bring to bear the fearsome influence of the Patriarchy.

Thank you gentleman, and those in the back wearing false beards.

Nonek.

Tl/dr: For shame Sir!

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 4

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I know this isn't Hurlshot typing. Hurlshot's wife, please don't hurt him. He has the right to resist oppression just like the rest of us. #FreeHurlshot

No it's him, you just believe married men have free will.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No it's him, you just believe married men have free will.

You might be right. He has been brainwashed. Just like all other men. The only solution is for no one to every marry again. men should stop having sex with women and the human race will surely but slowly fade away. (I will be a cyborg that lives on forever.)