Robin Williams

Leferd

I liked him in Good Will Hunting and in Dead Poets Society, and his joke about golf.

R.I.P.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It's a real shame and he'll be missed...

RIP

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Robin Williams was forced at 63 to go back to work on a sitcom, which is not an easy gig.  So he didn't really have a carefree life.  Most of us will hopefully be happily retired at that age, or only working if we want to.

It's pretty hard not to blame his ex-wives, honestly.  The guy got fleeced in both divorces.   

"I admit I scoff inside at these famous people who got all the resource us mortals don't to have a great carefree life and get all the help and time they need yet end up so. Still a shame."

You never heard 'money don't buy happiness'?

I think 'poor' people are scumbag double standard freaks. On one hand they bash out of jelaousy how rich celebrities are and claim that 'money don't buy happiness' (protest too much?' than when something bad happens to a rich person they claim to 'not feel much sympathy because said celebrity was rich and that should magically cure the bad stuff[. It's ridiculous. It's evil. It's scummy. It's hypocritical. It's immoral.

"Some people are talking about the stuff he did and I heard good things about Bicentennial Man. Anyone here seen it?"

I have. For whatever reason a lot of people were down on it but I enjoyed the hell of it. Williams is fantastic in it.  It's both a drama and comedy as it is a reasonably serious movie but with some funny parts. It's a true epic coming in at about 2 and a half hours and covers basically his character's entire 'life'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's pretty hard not to blame his ex-wives, honestly.  The guy got fleeced in both divorces.

And he might have been a total **** to them, hard to say.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Even if he was, people shouldn't steal money.

Marriage is about joining together as one while diviroce should be about going our seperate ways. Not trying to steal as much of the other person's stuff as possible.

If someone is not good enough to stay married too, you shouldn't  steal their money. It's evil.

Well, debatable that it is stealing if it's determined by a court proceeding, but missing context. Guess he should have learned after one divorce.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I cried when i heard. Dunno why, im a grown man and dont usually cry but i teared up when i heard the news. I first heard of robin williams on tv by coming across one of his 70s standup comedys and for a troubled boy whos world was falling around him, Robin made me laugh and cry and be amazed. I watched his movies growing up just to see him. Seems stupid but at a young age he connected with me i guess in that i always tried no matter how old i got to be young and happy and caring.

very sad day R.I.P Robin Williams, u were my favorite comedian by far and one of imho the most talentest. I will miss you.

• Like 2

I cried when i heard. Dunno why, im a grown man and dont usually cry but i teared up when i heard the news. I first heard of robin williams on tv by coming across one of his 70s standup comedys and for a troubled boy whos world was falling around him, Robin made me laugh and cry and be amazed. I watched his movies growing up just to see him. Seems stupid but at a young age he connected with me i guess in that i always tried no matter how old i got to be young and happy and caring.

very sad day R.I.P Robin Williams, u were my favorite comedian by far and one of imho the most talentest. I will miss you.

No need to be embarrassed about crying. This is a normal response when someone that is significant to you leaves this world. I often cry over sad things. Even though he was an actor this doesn't diminish the role he played in your early years and his comedy resonated with you and helped provide a form of escapism, and you can't equate how important that escapism was to you during your youth. He also  probably did help contribute to parts of your personality. So its normal to be emotional as he meant different things on different levels to all of us.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

im a grown man and dont usually cry but i teared up when i heard the news.

Not crying due to an unhealthy expectation that "adults/men don't cry" would be a worse way to try to remember him.

Crying is how we cope. Something traumatic happened. Someone died. I wish we mourned all death.

Seriously? What is this, the National Inquirer? Making sensationalistic clickhole judgments as if they are qualified to make snap evaluations of a person's psyche 24 hours after death? Because A then therefore B has to follow.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Yes, it is very likely that the divorces put a heavy financial strain and stress on Wiliams. Claiming that feminism(not something I support btw) killed him is pushing things to an extremely distasteful level of absurdity. This is a tradgedy, not an excuse to peddle an agenda.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Consideirng that feminism is distasteful itself, it kind fo fits.

That said, this thread should be about Williams and his awesomeness despite the way he died.

• Like 1

Consideirng that feminism is distasteful itself, it kind fo fits.

That said, this thread should be about Williams and his awesomeness despite the way he died.

No its not, feminism is an important way to ensure gender equality. Please don't display your ignorance Volo

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"No its not, feminism is an important way to ensure gender equality."

Quite the opposite. It demeans men, it paints all men as pigs who only exist to rape women. It claims that  the world would be better off if men had no power and only women wer ein charge.

Feminism is evil to the core. If you believe in feminism you don't believe in equallity - only the fake kind where men are the lesser of the two genders.

I believe in TRUE equality. Feminists do not. It's right in the name. Feminism = females are superior gender.

"Please don't display your ignorance Volo"

Look in a mirror. Believing that 'feminism' = equality is the definition of ignorance.

I'll create masculinism and claim it's about equality.  L0L

Edited by Volourn