The "Cool" Images Thread

Agiel

The view from the small café they've actually built up at the top of Snowdon.

IMG_20151007_154324_zps8zlx8gnb.jpg

Although when I was at the summit and looked down , I ended up with this view...

IMG_20151007_152444_zpsi0nptriu.jpg

Oh, and yes, that point hidden in the clouds in this one is the peak of Snowdon:

IMG_20151006_123525_hdr_zpsdgwicswk.jpg

Although this was the view off to the side on the start of the trek...

IMG_20151007_125125_zpse86lazcp.jpg

• Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For some more of the views in sunny Wales on the way up to Snowdon's summit....

DSC00828_zps6vsnqwqq.jpg

DSC00826_zpsgarbnnth.jpg

DSC00825_zps53kzldbc.jpg

DSC00824_zps934mhmnx.jpg

DSC00821_zpsasiiujdh.jpg

DSC00817_zpsalmxsc40.jpg

DSC00815_zps9saq8wb4.jpg

DSC00808_zps2zsldbwd.jpg

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

image-923396-galleryV9-unxw-923396.jpg

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

• 4 months later...

we were expecting **** cheney portraits.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

can i post pretty girls here

Only if you want to ruin it.

Would pictures of really cute guys be acceptable....or still inappropriate   :p   

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Now this is a cool dude:

11ts6eq.jpg

Wim Hof, the iceman. Well known around the world for being cool with going naked even in the coldest of circumstances.

You know, almost like what normal Finns do for fun on a typical winter day.

• Like 1

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Cut a few posts. Lets see if people get the hint before having to roll up the sleeves and get more "hands on" ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Cut a few posts. Lets see if people get the hint before having to roll up the sleeves and get more "hands on" ;)

Just out of curiosity, who decides what is acceptable within a community forums. Do the rules come down from the main company or is it left to the community manager, I guess i'm trying to fish as to whom made the decision to ban "girl" images from the forum. I wouldn't want to put you in a compromising position and I will fully understand if you dodge that question but it still makes me curious as to who decides what culture a forum will have.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Just out of curiosity, who decides what is acceptable within a community forums. Do the rules come down from the main company or is it left to the community manager, I guess i'm trying to fish as to whom made the decision to ban "girl" images from the forum. I wouldn't want to put you in a compromising position and I will fully understand if you dodge that question but it still makes me curious as to who decides what culture a forum will have.

To be honest I can understand why the women thread had criticism?

It did seem to objectify women....but why do you want to look at hot women when you can chat to me ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela