RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

I, in general, loathe sandbox games, but have enjoyed the two saints rows I've played (3 and 4) tremendously. I tried a demo of 2, but it had terribad controls on the ps3 that couldn't be remapped into anything sensible (at least in the demo).

SR3 just felt like Just Cause 2 with an actual story and bigger variety of the samey missions, and I hated JC2. Not saying it's horrible, but definitely something I'm not into anymore.

Insurance fraud is really easy when you can fly.

That's not the point. It is easy but it's more like, why is that even in a game? It's not fun. Doing it once was more than enough.
I had lots of fun with insurance fraud.

All about timing.

Edited by C2B

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/30/6084477/how-a-video-game-helped-save-my-sanity

Here is a feel good story about a guy that beat the demons of alcoholism through gaming

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hopefully it will be more grand strategy and less MOBA, that was one thing I didn't like about Homeworld.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

http://kotaku.com/meet-the-guy-who-spent-seven-months-killing-everyone-in-1629588651

This guy has seriously too much spare time on his hands :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hopefully it will be more grand strategy and less MOBA, that was one thing I didn't like about Homeworld.

What was MOBA about Homeworld ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

RTS have since grown categories, those that focus on online play(MOBA: Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) E.G: StarCraft.

Homeworld kind of skirted the line as your units carried over into the next mission but the focus were the battles as opposed to Grand Strategy were most encounters can be autoresolved and the determining factor in success is the campaign map.  Basically I want more management, diplomacy and empire building than combat.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

RTS have since grown categories, those that focus on online play(MOBA: Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) E.G: StarCraft.

Homeworld kind of skirted the line as your units carried over into the next mission but the focus were the battles as opposed to Grand Strategy were most encounters can be autoresolved and the determining factor in success is the campaign map.  Basically I want more management, diplomacy and empire building than combat.

I've never heard MOBA used that way. I'm familiar with it being the RTS off-shoot to which DOTA, League of Legends, and others belong.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It was a map that created a new game mode that evolved into a genre/subgenre. There's an interesting family tree you could draw up (I've always thought the convergent evolution that lead to Devil May Cry and Tomb Raider to be most interesting), but you don't name the parents after the children.

• Like 4
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/02/gabriel-knight-interview-jane-jensen-on-the-revival-of-her-classic-adventure-game/

Some information about the new Gabriel Knight game, I never played the original game so this one will be a must for me

• Like 1

John Milton 

Hehe! Now that would be a first. You get to pick your doll, and you can do really evil playthroughs (mature rating for those), or be a doll good as a scout, helping all ladies over the streets, and return lost cell phones to their despaired owners (two decades ago, that would have been cats in trees).

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hehe! Now that would be a first. You get to pick your doll, and you can do really evil playthroughs (mature rating for those), or be a doll good as a scout, helping all ladies over the streets, and return lost cell phones to their despaired owners (two decades ago, that would have been cats in trees).

Do we think we could get a chucky doll who care about the importance of SJ issues?

"Hi, I'm Chucky, and I'm your SJW to the end "

:lol:

• Like 1

John Milton 

Do we think we could get a chucky doll who care about the importance of SJ issues?

"Hi, I'm Chucky, and I'm your SJW to the end "

:lol:

If Chucky doll should stay in line with his original character concept, I think Anti-SJW would be more appropriate class for him :p

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/02/gabriel-knight-interview-jane-jensen-on-the-revival-of-her-classic-adventure-game/

Some information about the new Gabriel Knight game, I never played the original game so this one will be a must for me

"Jane Jensen, game designer, Pinkerton Road Studio: I don’t own the license, and I’ve gone in to pitch various GK ideas probably three different times over the last 20 years. We just never got very far with it. And then, when we were doing our Kickstarter, I had somebody from Activision contact me. And this was a producer who was really interested in bringing back some of the Sierra titles. And so I met with them and discussed what would be good to do and I really thought if we wanted to kick off the GK series again it would be a good idea to redo the first one."

Oh, Activision. How you've grown up since you published titles like Bloodlines, Interstate '76, Mechwarrior 2 and Jedi Outcast. No more weak moments like that any more now. Only boring and strictly unfun business. So proud.

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

Go play it now, it's on GOG and is cheap.

PCG: What are the chances, if this is successful, of seeing remakes of Gabriel Knight 2 and 3?

Jensen: That wouldn’t be my first choice. I would rather do a GK 4. I think it would be really hard to redo GK 2 because of the fact that it was done with FMV. I think it would feel really so different … much more different than the new GK 1 does from the original GK 1, because they both were 2-D. So, I don’t know. I’m not opposed to it, but it probably wouldn’t be my first choice for a next project.

PCG: So, you already have plans for a Gabriel Knight 4?

Jensen: Nothing firm, but I think especially now since Activision has announced the new Sierra brand they’re pretty open to it. I think we all want to wait to see how the GK 1 remake does and hopefully if that does pretty well we’ll be able to move on to a GK 4.

Well that's good to hear, hope it does well enough for a suit to approve GK 4.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nipsen, ctrl+shift+v is your friend.

If someone knows how to turn off that copy/paste with formatting entirely in Chrome, please tell.

Mm. But I love the garish, unnecessary and partially complete html-formatting that has no use of any kind in any program ever made.

Only way to turn it off is to override the scripting engine.. or possibly create an escape script that wraps the text in the document, so that when you select and copy the text, there is no formatting to copy.

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!