RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Now that the backer beta has been pirated, this site is really getting hammered with viewers.

That's a good thing, I hope (potential buyers/supporters I hope)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Um.. if they pirated the beta you actually think they'll turn around and buy the full game? L0L They're scumbag thieves. They are gonna steal it. Period.

• Like 4

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Haha, oh wow. This is just getting better, video part two of this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmy5OKg6lo

• Like 8

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

this is amazing. I completely stopped understanding why these "journalists" deny everything 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Having previously worked in print media I do think that it is about time that the games journalism industry was held to account, especially those whom are preaching but not practising supposedly moral behaviour. I also think that it's about time that the game journalism industry started respecting its consumers, who should be considered to always be right, while standing up for a developers rights to make the product they wish to as a point of artistic integrity. I may not support what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it.

At the moment it seems like they wish to enforce a currently fashionable politically correct checklist upon developers while themselves remaining corrupt, biased, ungoverned, and (sometimes literally it now seems) in bed with the developers and publishers they are supposed to be criticising objectively. Journalistic integrity is a fragile thing, if you break it now at the birth of the industry you risk your role being diminished, derided and ultimately dispensed with. With more and more people abandoning games journalism for more morally responsible, critical and detailed non professional alternatives, it is more than possible.

• Like 9

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I also think that it's about time that the game journalism industry started respecting its consumers, who should be considered to always be right[...]

I hope I misunderstood you there.

You are aware of the things gaming communities are capable of?

I also think that it's about time that the game journalism industry started respecting its consumers, who should be considered to always be right[...]

I hope I misunderstood you there.

You are aware of the things gaming communities are capable of?

Oh yes there are the strange and freakish elements such as the degenerates of the BSN and others, but even these should be respected and represented by gaming journalists as part of their mandate. They are after all supposed to represent the consumer and aid him in making an informed decision, rather than acting as PR for developers and publishers. Consider your customer to be in the right until evidence and facts countermand their position, or an artists vision negates their argument. This to me is far preferable to dismissing ones readership automatically as disgusting inhumans and bigots, preaching at them as if you are a morally unquestionable authority figure and they are simple minded plebs, or censoring any fair criticism they raise because it clashes with your sensibilities.

In other words, respect and represent your audience rather than chastising and categorising them with negative stereotypes.

Personally I do not worry too much about far out groups of radicals as they almost always have opposing counter groups, and thus we move to moderate and more middle of the road ground such as the ladies and gentlemen who peruse this site, where factual discourse and reasoned argument are used more than enraged rhetoric, emotional squeeing or politically correct preaching.

This is only my personal opinion however, others may think as they wish.

• Like 4

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

To be honest, I wasn't reading a gaming review in years (except for maybe the last 2 sentences of em). Since I wrote music reviews and that stuff years ago, I learned that all this movie, music, and game review stuff is pure bs most of the time anyway.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

OH WOW. LOL! I just found out about the whole Zoe Quinn thing. HILARIOUS!! So much for "feminism" and social "justice" AHAHAhahahahaha OH WOW..!

IT LITERALLY FEELS LIKE A BIRTHDAY, EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT. OH LOL.

• Like 1
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

"Oh yes there are the strange and freakish elements such as the degenerates of the BSN and others, but even these should be respected and represented by gaming journalists as part of their mandate."

Hard to take someone talking about 'respect' when that someone shows none.

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Oh yes there are the strange and freakish elements such as the degenerates of the BSN and others, but even these should be respected and represented by gaming journalists as part of their mandate."

Being professional is less about the admiration of others and more about self respect, if you're a good journalist you're going to end up stepping on some toes and be on the receiving end of someone's anger more than once.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

One is not a journalist.

Tea for the teapot!

A poster on a board has no obligation to respect others- within reasonable limits- and Nonek didn't go to BSN or whatever to make his comment. A journalist at least theoretically does have one, as well as obligations towards being honest and objective. But games journalism isn't really journalism in the classic sense anyway.

Indeed, the response of some to the current scandal is more reminiscent of someone defending Scientology or a cult- varying from the equivalent of sticking fingers in ears and yelling "Nahnahnah I can't hear you" to trying to silence others even using illegal methods and threats. In the end, the initial stuff is primarily a question of morality and integrity, plus elements of applying what you preach; but some of the acts leading on from that on the other hand go far beyond those sorts of issues.

I don't even care particularly about SJW, I just turn on the brain filter and don't engage most of the time.

• Like 2

The result of this is that 4chan's /v/ made an oc character called vivian to be added in this game made by women. 4chan funded money for women in video games and as a result others, including Zoe, is against it. 

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/vivian-james read more about it here. 

Ironic how one of the vilest dens on the Internet is responsible for creating the most inclusive video game of all time, Katawa Shoujo.

Edited by HoonDing
  • Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The result of this is that 4chan's /v/ made an oc character called vivian to be added in this game made by women. 4chan funded money for women in video games and as a result others, including Zoe, is against it. 

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/vivian-james read more about it here. 

Ironic how one of the vilest dens on the Internet is responsible for creating the most inclusive video game of all time, Katawa Shoujo.

But romancing cripples is sexist.

village_idiot.gif