RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Wait Call of Duty is in 39 days? I always forget how fast they print this stuff out...

The next iteration is only 35 days after that.  :p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

In Saints Row 5, the Leader of the Saints gains the infinite power of Zeus and becomes a physics-defying-immortal-super-saiyan-space-wizard, set on course across galaxies, making **** jokes, banging chicks & dudes, making wrong from rights, selling franchise rights for theme parks on the planets he, or she, conquers. In the end, despite the seemingly bad and inappropriate activities they involve themselves in they are branded as inspirations for coming generations to behold as they make their big fat mark on every galaxy they mess up.

It's a fascinating tale of love, loss and the kinship of brotherhood... and firing lasers out of your ass while gliding across space.

Edited by TheChris92

They'll try to milk out, of course, but the series has run its course.

Hey, time travel, AC spoof, Ted and Billy references, recruiting historical figures the list goes on. I look forward to doing a drive by with Genghis Khan, Methuselah and Winston Churchill.

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Oh god, I loved the dinosaurs. Especially the scene where you were riding on a dinosaur while the dinosaur would sing you the song of his people. It. Was. Awesome.

Then again, it would have been even more awesome if this would have unlocked a dinosaur you can summon like a car, then you ride the streets with it whenever you wanted to. Damn.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Oh god, I loved the dinosaurs. Especially the scene where you were riding on a dinosaur while the dinosaur would sing you the song of his people. It. Was. Awesome.

The ending to Enter the Dominatrix is pretty much the greatest ending in video game history.  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I don't really mind in what absurd and insane direction they take the story, but I wish they'd go back to basics a bit with the gameplay. I'd like to be able to, y'know, see things happening sometimes instead of being a supersonic dervish of unrecognisable motion blur.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The good thing is that they can do pretty much everything at this point in the story and it would still somewhat fit the setting.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I don't know much about Saint's Row but that trailer was brilliant nonsense.

"Brilliant nonsense" is pretty much the perfect encapsulation of what Saints Row has become.  I could write several paragraphs and not come up with a more dead on description of the series.

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

That's why Saints Row 2 is the last good Saints Row game.

It may be the best, but it would be a shame if they recycled the same formula every time.  SR3 & 4 had plenty of good surprises to make them worth the price of admission.

While this is definitely a divisive subject, personally, I'm glad Saints Row ditched the gang warfare stuff from the first 2 games and went full-on ridiculous.  The more absurd the games have gotten the more I've enjoyed them.  While Saints Row 2 was a great game, had they stuck with that formula the series would never have been viewed as anything more than a cheap GTA knockoff.  While the series is still considered a GTA-clone to some extent, it's no longer trying to straddle the fence between cartoonish and realistic, like GTA does, it's gone all out ridiculous, and I'm glad, because I like ridiculous.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

At it's heart, Saint's Row has always been about parody.  SR2 is simply the most subtle of the parodies, which is why it holds a special place.

edit:  And not everybody gets parody.  ;-)

Edited by Hurlshot

As ridiculous as it is, and it is ridiculous, Saints Row 4 is one of the smartest parodies I've ever seen in vidya games.  It pokes fun at absolutely everything, including itself, and it does so without ever being mean about it.  It does it while paying loving tribute to the things it is parodying.  That's a rather difficult razor's edge to walk: making fun of something without trashing it. 

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸