RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

I'm going to get this, but already not liking Grace ditching the skirt for blue jeans. Doesn't seem right.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

World of Warcraft; Warlords of Draenor trailer is released.

I doubt there is much interest here, but just in case;

If nothing else, just to see their incredible trailers! :D

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I dunno, GK2 has a certain charm with the FMV. Acting in it wasn't as bad as some I've played (Von Glower was decently done, for example). If any, GK3 is the one that needs redoing - talk about shoe-horning 3D in.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guest Slinky

It's those few last seconds after the dialogue is over that I can't stand in GK2, when the actor just stands there smiling like a dumbass making faces for a while. The acting itself is bearable most of the time, but tighter editing would have done wonders. It just gets so cringeworthy.

HoMM VII Gameplay:

Keep in mind the difficulty is turned to st00pid easy for this demo.

I already said this, but let me repeat it.

The franchise had a genius writer from 1993 or something. It was epic, an organic mix of sci-fi and fantasy. And then after HoMM4 they decided to completely wipe the entire history and lore, commissioned some no-name Russian company to write a new lore, and those guys didn't even know the original one, so they came up with some unrelated pathetic shit.

And now you're going to play a game based on that pathetic attempt at a lore.

Have fun, but count me out.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

The Xbone is much more conveniently corner-shaped. It's almost as if Microsoft were aware of this need when designing it.

Aside, there's a one day sale of the PS4 where I am, $399AUD (RRP is $549), but waaaay too early for me to jump in. But happy to see it getting cheaper. But for any Aussies who are interested, it's from the **** Smith eBay store, use code CDICKSMITH20 at checkout.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Guest Slinky

I think I will wait for a "slim" model of PS4 which will hopefully be a little quieter, I've seen comments PS4 is much louder than PS3. The biggest reason why I left my 360 to collect dust so quickly was the jumbo jet level of noise it made.

But Destiny looks like a game I would enjoy playing for about a week and then forget it even exist. I do like good FPS and MMO games, but MMO FPS sound really boring to me in the long run.

I think I will wait for a "slim" model of PS4 which will hopefully be a little quieter, I've seen comments PS4 is much louder than PS3. The biggest reason why I left my 360 to collect dust so quickly was the jumbo jet level of noise it made.

My ps4s a lot quieter than my non-slim ps3. I don't notice it at all (unlike I did the ps3 and x360)
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Guest Slinky

Hmm, then the noise level might vary or the people who have commented on it being loud have locked it in a place where the air can't flow freely. Might still wait for the slim version unless the price drops to around 300€ or less before that.

Hmm, then the noise level might vary or the people who have commented on it being loud have locked it in a place where the air can't flow freely. Might still wait for the slim version unless the price drops to around 300€ or less before that.

Or they are microsoft shills/fanboys or just stupid. This is the internet, after all. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra