Dragon Age: Inquisition

Plenty of good CRPGs  on consoles. Nice try though.

I swear I played FO:NV on console and it was hella fun.

Come on Volo, you do make good points at times but this type of comment makes it very hard to believe that you are not trolling

But instead of assuming what you mean can you give me examples of good CRPG that exist on consoles?

Make that plenty of examples.

Playing a CRPG on a console is like eating steak with chopsticks.

Oooh, I got one too! It's like trying to break down a 30-foot-tall wall with a toffee hammer! Or alternatively "It's about as comfortable as playing on a Rudolph Steiner slide"

Edited by TheChris92
  • Like 1

"ut instead of assuming what you mean can you give me examples of good CRPG that exist on consoles?"

I just gave an example.

You see Volo this is the reason people get frustrated with your comments, you used the words "plenty"

I asked you to  give examples of this, it was a perfectly logical  question and you refuse to answer?

So for any reasonable person what this means is you won't answer because there aren't plenty of examples and instead of admitting you are wrong you just chose to ignore the question? You are an intelligent person so I'm sure you can see why this type of debating etiquette is counterproductive ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Personally, I find controllers more comfortable, especially when it comes to games like Mirror's Edge or Psychonauts, platformer or action games in general, they tend to have pants-on-head retarded configured controls on the keyboard. I can dig playing western RPGs on the PC though, mostly for the access to mods of course.

• Like 1

Considering both Bioware and Bethesda realease on both consoles and PC, most AAA RPGs we've had the last few years have also been on consoles. Meaning the KotORs, Fallouts, Mass Effect-series, Dragon Age-series, Elder Scroll-series, Alpha Protocol, Dungeon Siege 3, The Witcher 2.

If you think they're good enough is a matter of taste, but most of those games on the PC suffers from a ui clearly designed with a controller in mind, so might be a better experience on consoles.

• Like 1

Anything that has any kind of free look or aiming I don't want to play with a controller. A first person game like Mirror's Edge I can't even imagine playing on a controller. Mouse is almost as natural to me at this point as turning my own head. I can look anywhere and change direction instantly with a flick of my wrist, I enjoy the precision and the mastery it gives me.

Analogue sticks have some annoying limitations. I really dream when someone finally gets one of those alternative control schemes (like motion) finally figured out.

• Like 2

Anything that has any kind of free look or aiming I don't want to play with a controller. A first person game like Mirror's Edge I can't even imagine playing on a controller. Mouse is almost as natural to me at this point as turning my own head. I can look anywhere and change direction instantly with a flick of my wrist, I enjoy the precision and the mastery it gives me.

Analogue sticks have some annoying limitations. I really dream when someone finally gets one of those alternative control schemes (like motion) finally figured out.

I actually preferred playing Mirror's Edge with a controller.  I found the twin stick controls worked wonderfully for everything except shooting.  All the free running parts felt significantly more comfortable to me with a controller than with m&kb (though m&kb was fine), and I've used m&kb significantly more during my life than a controller.  To each their own, I guess.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"You see Volo this is the reason people get frustrated with your comments, you used the words "plenty"

I asked you to  give examples of this, it was a perfectly logical  question and you refuse to answer?

So for any reasonable person what this means is you won't answer because there aren't plenty of examples and instead of admitting you are wrong you just chose to ignore the question? You are an intelligent person so I'm sure you can see why this type of debating etiquette is counterproductive ?"

It's because questions like yours  are trollish trapbait. It's unwinnable. Let's take my one example. What happens if someone loathes the example I give and then claims that it isn't a 'great' game. It's an opinion. It's meaningless crap.

I can list a billion games and means nothing to the ignorants who  will pretend  otherwise.

P.S. Anyone who wastes time posting on the internet isn't intelligent.

I'll admit I'm wrong when I'm proven wrong but  on this topic I haven't been. It's been a bunch of yahoos (including me) spamming their opinions.

"It's just, an opinion, mahn."

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"You see Volo this is the reason people get frustrated with your comments, you used the words "plenty"

So for any reasonable person what this means is you won't answer because there aren't plenty of examples and instead of admitting you are wrong you just chose to ignore the question? You are an intelligent person so I'm sure you can see why this type of debating etiquette is counterproductive ?"

It's because questions like yours  are trollish trapbait. It's unwinnable. Let's take my one example. What happens if someone loathes the example I give and then claims that it isn't a 'great' game. It's an opinion. It's meaningless crap.

I can list a billion games and means nothing to the ignorants who  will pretend  otherwise.

I'll admit I'm wrong when I'm proven wrong but  on this topic I haven't been. It's been a bunch of yahoos (including me) spamming their opinions.

Okay thanks for responding, but I don't think people are trolling in this discussion. They seem to be disagreeing with you and challenging your opinion?

That's the foundation of debate isn't it and what we expect from a forum?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

LOL since when has that ever stopped you? You routinely post an Opinion.... then claim it is a fact, and then you say GAME OVER, or some other childish pronouncement of finality.

But enough of this. There are bottom line facts when it comes to Consoles, Computers and RPGs. And those facts are that Computers are far better suited to deliver the RPG experience than Consoles are. You don't have to look further than RPG developers themselves to get the confirmation on that one.

Peter Dinklage is a dwarf. Admit it!

http://youtu.be/0Ivt3EdJuCE

Edited by Serrano

"And those facts are that Computers are far better suited to deliver the RPG experience than Consoles are. You don't have to look further than RPG developers themselves to get the confirmation on that one."

No.

"No."

No.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"And those facts are that Computers are far better suited to deliver the RPG experience than Consoles are. You don't have to look further than RPG developers themselves to get the confirmation on that one."

Agreed.

No.

inorite? Consoles are the ideal format for RPGs. Something like PoE would work much better on an xbox or wiiu than PC. It's a goddamn travesty that PoE is for PC and not Xbox. Imagine how much better it would be using an Xbox controller to move a cursor! Wait! You already know from the Playstation versions of IE games like Baldur's Gate. Considering your familiarity with those outstanding products, perhaps you can convince the PC plebs here the superiority of consoles.

You seem to think I believe consoles are superior to PC.  If you keep thinking that it shows how fanatical, religious, and insane you really are.

You seem to think I believe consoles are superior to PC.

Not sure how anyone can accuse you of thinking that... since your actual (stated) position is that consoles *ARE* PC's. And an entity cannot be superior to itself, can it. lol

But I'm pretty sure AGX's point, which you're still dodging, is that PC's are far better platforms/delivery systems for RPGs.

Edited by Stun

You seem to think I believe consoles are superior to PC.  If you keep thinking that it shows how fanatical, religious, and insane you really are.

"fanatical and religious " :lol:

Oh Volo you do make laugh :thumbsup:

John Milton