Is there still no world cup thread? (the sequel)

Tale

Yeah, kinda wanted US to go home based on their fans. :p

the good thing for you is there is actual only 'bout two dozen o' them... can all fit on the same bus if need be.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Nah, it's like England fans really, though all the usual ironic or otherwise "murica" crap does wear a bit more.  There was some loon that was saluting during the anthem with a rage face on :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Nah, it's like England fans really, though all the usual ironic or otherwise "murica" crap does wear a bit more"

I think it's funny that Amerika gets bashed for this yet EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, acts the very same way. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nah, it's like England fans really, though all the usual ironic or otherwise "murica" crap does wear a bit more.  There was some loon that was saluting during the anthem with a rage face on :lol:

We only really do it because the NSA is watching us and if we don't they'll ki-

Edited by Sofaking
  • Like 2

"Nah, it's like England fans really, though all the usual ironic or otherwise "murica" crap does wear a bit more"

I think it's funny that Amerika gets bashed for this yet EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, acts the very same way. LMAO

Not really, haven't seen many German or Algerian fans truck out weirdly nationalistic stuff over their wins.  Biased in the fan sites I read though, get a lot of casual fans or just jackals who think the height of banter is referencing WW2 or the Yugoslav wars :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Not really, haven't seen many German or Algerian fans truck out weirdly nationalistic stuff over their wins.  Biased in the fan sites I read though, get a lot of casual fans or just jackals who think the height of banter is referencing WW2 or the Yugoslav wars :lol:"

1. They were expected to be great.

2.  They have no problem tooting their own horn. See it everywhere so why do you make stuff up? Every country does it. Every. single. one.

"Not impressed with Germany after the group stage."\

You should be. They were dominating.  It's soccer. Youa ren't gonna score 5+ goals just b/c you were the best team.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Algeria wasn't expected to be great, though.  I expect celebration but with some fans it grates on my nerves, granted am not hanging out in Algiers or Bern to see all the reactions as I did mention it's skewed by the fan sites being predominantly Anglo.

Germany was dominating but kind of a toothless sort, I guess once 1-0 up they decided to take it easy and just ride out the game.

Edited by Malcador

Yeah, kinda wanted US to go home based on their fans. :p

the good thing for you is there is actual only 'bout two dozen o' them... can all fit on the same bus if need be.

HA! Good Fun!

Reisistance is futile. The demographics are against you. Unless you start having more babies than the hispanic population.  

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Won't they be rooting for Mexico ? :p

Best media troll

I am not sure who to support here. On the one hand eleven hardworking, passionate, plucky representatives of a nation that is in every respect a dwarf among football giants and who try to make up for their lack of individual talent by giving it their very best, and on the other hand there's South-Korea.

Just kidding, neighbours! Your team is actually quite decent. On paper.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

sadly, this is true. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps as to ann coulter (who the hell is ann coulter... she is that woman who wishes she were bill o'reiley, yes?) we took the article as being a bit tongue-in-cheek, and some observations were clear ridiculous, but she managed to get a few chuckle-worthy snippets in as well.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Algeria with the equalizer off the free kick.

Edit:  Ann Coulter can't possibly be a real person, right?  She's got to be computer generated by some kind of troll algorithm.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Do not Algerian women like football? I couldn't spot a single one among their supporters. Also, could someone throw out those guys with the laser pens? What an incredible dickmove.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Do not Algerian women like football? I couldn't spot a single one among their supporters. Also, could someone throw out those guys with the laser pens? What an incredible dickmove.

I haven't seen any Algerian women among the fans either.

Then again, that might be because I am watching the South-Korea - Belgium game.

South-Korea should really work on getting a better keeper. This one's dreadful.

Edited by JadedWolf
  • Like 1

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

They've show a few Algerian women in the stands, emphasis on few.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Nice to see the Algerian sub blast the ball away, heh, talk about some grade school level crap.

sadly, this is true.

HA! Good Fun!

ps as to ann coulter (who the hell is ann coulter... she is that woman who wishes she were bill o'reiley, yes?) we took the article as being a bit tongue-in-cheek, and some observations were clear ridiculous, but she managed to get a few chuckle-worthy snippets in as well.

Her body of work is outrageously funny. However I never find her books classified as Satire at Barnes and Noble or Amazon along with Colbert and Jon Stewart.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle