Is there still no world cup thread? (the sequel)

Tale

I said "Banzai!", not "Seppuku", my dear Nippon.

Off-topic: I once met a fellow who claimed to practise the sword stroke of the assistant in this rather quaint ceremony every morning. He said whenever he did he imagined that he was cutting off the head of his best friend. So... I asked him who his best friend was - he answered his girlfriend was his best friend. I then asked him what his girlfriend thought of that. I don't remember what he answered, but he completely failed to see the connection.

In all fairness, the guy probably had a social disorder.

Nonetheless, the bizarre obsession and reverence some people have for this weird suicide ritual never ceases to amaze me.

On topic: And Greece is through. There is no God.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

So Suarez faces a max of 24 matches, hm.  I think he'll end up with 6.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why ban him? Just have him play in a mouth collar, like the ones that you put on camels. The mere humiliation should be enough.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Think that'd be illegal headgear.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think he's just teething.  Would it be against FIFA regulations to let him carry one of these during matches?

51Un7geLLLL._SY300_.jpg

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm guessing Suarez gets away with a three match penalty.

Am i the only who wants him to continue to play? The level of drama that character creates is just too juicy to let go. 

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Keep 'em coming! :lol:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

By way of comparison, Johan Le Roux got an 18 month ban from rugby, a full contact sport, for biting- and that was before the current PG13 rugby era of no rucking etc and was his first offence. At this point they really have to throw the book at Suarez, it isn't an isolated incident and he still does it because there haven't been enough consequences.

Am i the only who wants him to continue to play? The level of drama that character creates is just too juicy to let go. 

If you think about it for a moment, though, watching some idiot bite someone then roll around then stop the game for 5 minutes isn't exactly 'entertaining'. Especially if you care about the football.

Out of the World Cup would be the least they can do.

• Like 1

That's why I reckon they'll chicken out and just give him three matches. Zoraptor is right though. He ought to be up for the sledge hammer.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Boateng and Muntari sacked from the Ghana team, interesting.  Had heard they were misbehaving before.