Is there still no world cup thread? (the sequel)

Tale

Aw, poor Chile.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After that match I may need to have a defibrillator on standby going forward.  Holy **** that was a great match!

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Glad Brazil won, they put so much money in to this and the people suffered for it so much, it would be devastating for them to drop out this early.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

It would be deserving. I don't minmd Brazil winning as I have no issues with the team but the scumbag gov't? Would deserve any humilation they get after the evils they have commited in the 'name' of soccer.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What a goal from James Rodriguez!   Phenomenal strike from distance.  Keeper had no chance whatsoever.  Colombia 1 - 0 Uruguay.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

James Rodriguez scores again.  BEautiful unselfish team football.  Absolutely lovely goal.  Uruguay are in deep deep trouble now.  It will take a miracle to come from 2 down against a Colombian side playing so well.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Columbia is the new Brazil.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Colombia were clearly the better team today, granted, Uruguay was without their best player.  Had Uruguay had "Mad Dog" Suarez on their side, I would have had this as 50/50, but without him Colombia was clearly the favorite, and it showed.  Obviously, James Rodriguez was the star, but the whole Colombia team played well, with a special bit of props to their keeper for really solid play.  It should be an entertaining quarters.  Obviously, Brazil will be the favorites, but not overwhelmingly so.  I think Colombia not only can beat them, I think they will.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸