Is there still no world cup thread? (the sequel)

Tale

Predictions for tomorrow (I'm doing them day by day, because I'm special):

Netherlands over Mexico

Costa Rica over Greece

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Predictions for tomorrow (I'm doing them day by day, because I'm special):

Netherlands over Mexico

Costa Rica over Greece

Tough calls but I think its a good idea for us to start predicting who will be winning in the remaining games and the score We can have a friendly competition to see who gets the most right

Netherlands vs Mexico : 2-1

Costa Rica vs Greece:  1-1 ( penalty shoot-outs will decide the game, but I'm betting on Greece)

:)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My fears for today:

Netherlands-Mexico 1-1, penalty shoot-outs: Sneijder misses, Netherlands out of the tournament.

Its a big game. No doubt about that and Mexico have the confidence of being underdogs  but I still believe Netherlands will win

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hm, should have been a penalty there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finally, the match stopped being boring.

I wonder why they didn't play this well right from the start? It might cost them the game.

I'm not sure they could have kept it up for 90 minutes in these conditions.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wow, what a last minute upset!

Upset ???

You should be celebrating :dancing:

John Milton 

PK!  Mexico is going to need a miracle save from Ochoa to survive now.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Nice turnaround for the Oranje.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle