Wasteland 2 Kickstarted

Thanks, Marceror, Raithe.  

Crap, so convincing Casey to give me the brake shoe might have set me back since now neither he nor Kekewhatever won't talk to me any more after I gave Kekewhatever the brake shoe.  Damn, I hope I have a save game where I don't lose too much before I got the brake shoe.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Alright, I have a savegame from where I had cleaned out about half of the rail thieves, so I just gotta clean out the other half.  Not too hard or too much work.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Alright, I have a savegame from where I had cleaned out about half of the rail thieves, so I just gotta clean out the other half.  Not too hard or too much work.

That's a smart gamer right there. A man who knows the virtues of saving his game!

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

That's a smart gamer right there. A man who knows the virtues of saving his game!

Yeah.  I just wish I had saved it (to a non-quicksave) after beating all the rail thieves.  Oh well, I already cleaned out half of the half that was left, leaving one last battle for me to go through.  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So after realizing that I created supremely under-optimized ranger builds, I'm going to start over. How's the new build? Should I just go ahead and restart now, or shelve the game for a few weeks until Fargo et al includes the All-Important Steam Achievements in a future patch?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

So far I'm more happy with my Terminator party than my first party. My first party I went in a little blind and didn't read up on character creation. The T party I took more time to develop and so far they are doing a good job. Just got done with the AG quest. Just started the Prison area. Sarah went went down and I almost lost her thanks to those heavy prison gunners. I'll have to get her better armor.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

So after realizing that I created supremely under-optimized ranger builds, I'm going to start over. How's the new build? Should I just go ahead and restart now, or shelve the game for a few weeks until Fargo et al includes the All-Important Steam Achievements in a future patch?

you don't have to start over. open your latest save file (it's .xml, so open it with any text editor), scroll all the way down to where you start seeing attributes listed (or, alternatively, do a search for you party's leader's name) and edit their attributes to whatever values you want. you can also change around their skill values and a bunch of other stuff

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

That's cheating, man!

it's better than starting the game over simply because you made a mistake during character creation. for example, I accidentally set one of my chars' Intelligence to 1, bumping the skill right next to it instead (was tired and didn't notice it was the wrong skill). I only noticed it after completing Highpool. I can't be expected to start the game all over again because of a mistake like that  :getlost:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

you don't have to start over. open your latest save file (it's .xml, so open it with any text editor), scroll all the way down to where you start seeing attributes listed (or, alternatively, do a search for you party's leader's name) and edit their attributes to whatever values you want. you can also change around their skill values and a bunch of other stuff

Rolls for save against temptation.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

What do you mean supremely under-optimized. Asking for a friend.

e.g. I didn't bump up awareness for my sniper. Two shotgunners. No one has toaster repair.

What do you mean supremely under-optimized. Asking for a friend.

e.g. I didn't bump up awareness for my sniper. Two shotgunners. No one has toaster repair.

Does it hurt knowing that Assault rifles are the best weapons ever?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Toaster repair seems pretty useless or is that just me? I've found some berries, but mostly just junk.. On the other hand I find crazy useful things buried all the time.

They are mostly quest items that you can turn in for a little extra xp

That is if you can find the peopple that want those random items

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I started a new game since the "gold" release. Going to try Ag Center this time since everyone at Ranger Citadel bitches at you if you save the town full of water in the middle of the Arizona ****ing desert.

Hey man, Rangers like their veggies.  They are trying to maintain a balanced diet full of important vitamins and antioxidants.  :grin:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I started a new game since the "gold" release. Going to try Ag Center this time since everyone at Ranger Citadel bitches at you if you save the town full of water in the middle of the Arizona ****ing desert.

I'm sure people will bitch when we save the veggies :p

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm going through The Prison now.  Holding off on doing this area until I was more powerful (generally around lev 14 and 15 now vs around lev 8 and 9 when I first got to Prison Valley) and better equipped was definitely a good idea.  I am massacring these Red Skorpion chumps and creating rivers of Red Skorpion blood.  Also, great Zeus' beard, there are a lot of mines in this area.  Good thing I have both a character with fairly good perception and a character who's good at demolitions.  Anyway, once I clear all these chumps out it's on to Damonta, unless I get a call from HQ railroading me somewhere else.

Edit:  As an aside, snipers are pretty weak early on with the damage not making up for the slow rate of fire, but boy oh boy does it pay to develop one.  Critical chance scales quickly with skill, plus sniper rifles have a great combination of high damage per shot and high armor penetration.  I'm at the point where my sniper's base chance to hit is nearly 110%, and that's before kneeling down for extra accuracy.  I generally get nearly 100%, and sometimes 100% (when I have high ground) accuracy on a headshot and my critical chance is 42%.  Criticals on sniper rifle headshots are a beautiful thing.

/wipes away tear of joy

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So has anyone else noticed that when adding a mod to the sniper rifle that brings the jam percentage to 0%, it jams more than it did at 6%?

Can't say I have.  I haven't had my rifle jam one time since I got it down to 0%.  Maybe it's a bug with a specific rifle?

Anyway, I made it to the Canyon of Titan.  Now it seems I have a choice to make here about the Monks and this "militia".  Personally, I get the feeling this "militia" is a group of raiders that just happen to be smooth talkers, but they do have a point about dem monks.  Anyway, I'm not going to look up a wiki or search the inXile forums for how this plays out, I don't want to know in advance.  I'm not sure which way I'm going to choose yet, but I'm going to do it on my own with out any guidance, and however it plays out, I'll live with the consequences, provided it doesn't produce an end game state.  It's getting late so I'll sleep on it.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸