What you did today

Rosbjerg

Well, I'm not a computer expert or anything of the sort, but I can't find anything that is wrong at my end, and most other users here does'nt seem to have any problems. And I have no problems on most other sites, it's just a few select ones, but I have no problems viewing .png images or .gif on other adresses.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I started Sunnys training today. I had to leave Tommy in the house so she wouldn't be distracted. So far she's eating it up but I make a game of it so dogs usually respond well to that.

That's a nice story. Can you share what game you train them with and also isn't Sunny too old to be trained? I thought you had to train a dog from the puppy stage or the training isn't effective so I am keen to understand how you train your dogs.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Would you look at that, all fixed! Daymn I'm good, turned out all I had to do was to sleep on it. *Smugface*

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Stuck at the blood lab as there is printer malfunction. Hearing half of the IT guy's conversation is entertaining at least

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

graduated from college in may. 

Krookie is all grown up!  The experts all said an internet forum was a bad place to raise a child, but the Obsidianites did it.   :p 

Now go conquer the world.  Literally.   

• Like 6

I just got a phonecall from my friends inviting me to a midsummer party, borrowing my friends parents house for the occasion, and I can't decide if I want to go. I hate parties normally, since they tend to be 20 to 30 people going nuts and being loud as hell, but this time they've "taken that into consideration" so it'll just be the old gang... and their girlfriends. So four couples and me.

Not tempted by that, but they are my mates. So torn.

Go. Its not like you can't leave if you're not having fun.

Unless its, like, a kidnapping themed party or something.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Playing video games and watching the World Cup. Not having a job tends to give you a lot of free time. Technically, I do have a job but the last few days are vacation. I haven't slept earlier than 3am for a few days now. Plan is to watch every game, or at least be in the room where the TV is while the game is played.

I just got a phonecall from my friends inviting me to a midsummer party, borrowing my friends parents house for the occasion, and I can't decide if I want to go. I hate parties normally, since they tend to be 20 to 30 people going nuts and being loud as hell, but this time they've "taken that into consideration" so it'll just be the old gang... and their girlfriends. So four couples and me.

Not tempted by that, but they are my mates. So torn.

I would verify what they did to take your issue with large parties into consideration beforehand. They could be trying to trick you.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wouldn't go to the party, in my experience when friends come to parties with their partners they're completely different people (less fun), and if you are the only single you're going to get kind of sidelined which then becomes boring and/or awkward. YMMV

What I did: 
Made ammo for my precision rifle, this time I wanted absolute perfection so I took my time to make every round as perfect as possible. Weighed each powder charge three times on my mechanical scale, weighed the brass cases, when resizing I turned the cases 1/3 and resized them again to get a perfectly uniform shape, I cleaned the flash holes and primer pockets, I trimmed each case per hand, polished each case with fine steel wool, used extremely uniform benchrest primers, de-burred and funneled case necks so that the projectiles jackets didn't get scratched during seating, used the stablest and cleanest powder commercially available (Swiss reloader).

According to my calculator the load has 4000 bar of pressure with a 168 BTHP at 815 m/s. 

It was marvelous. :w00t:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I started Sunnys training today. I had to leave Tommy in the house so she wouldn't be distracted. So far she's eating it up but I make a game of it so dogs usually respond well to that.

That's a nice story. Can you share what game you train them with and also isn't Sunny too old to be trained? I thought you had to train a dog from the puppy stage or the training isn't effective so I am keen to understand how you train your dogs.

Sunny is between 2-5 but you can train a dog at any age. You CAN teach and old dog new tricks! But I'm not teaching her anything complex. We're starting with leash etiquette and basic obedience. Once she has that we'll move on to teaching her how to behave off leash. I can take Tommy anywhere with no leash and he won't leave my side or wander off. That is just learned behavior. That's all.

You make it a game by making it seem fun to you. Remember they are watching you and pick up on EVERYTHING. Smile, praise, play tug with a toy or give a little treat when they do the right thing. Ignore them when they do the wrong thing. That's all there is to it really. Reward the desired action and ignore the rest.

For off leash training I use a 15' lead with a thin choke chain around her neck. Then I wrap the leash around my waist so she will see it is not in my hands. Then I just walk without making eye contact with her. When she heels I slip here a little treat. When she wanders off the chain tightens and there is the correction. But it is important that I show no reaction when that happens. It lets her know following me is the right thing to do. 

I usually work with her for 15 minutes or so twice a day then we play ball or Frisbee or something else fun. The key is for the whole experience to be positive for her. That's how I've always done it and it's worked really well.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Does this make anyone else feel old?

Congrats Krook!

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Michael Schumacher is awake and out of the hospital. The family is saying nothing except he has a long period of rehabilitation ahead. 

Schumi lives on the same day Tony Gwynn dies ... damn it is rough to have sports heroes. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Sunny is between 2-5 but you can train a dog at any age. You CAN teach and old dog new tricks! But I'm not teaching her anything complex. We're starting with leash etiquette and basic obedience. Once she has that we'll move on to teaching her how to behave off leash. I can take Tommy anywhere with no leash and he won't leave my side or wander off. That is just learned behavior. That's all.

You make it a game by making it seem fun to you. Remember they are watching you and pick up on EVERYTHING. Smile, praise, play tug with a toy or give a little treat when they do the right thing. Ignore them when they do the wrong thing. That's all there is to it really. Reward the desired action and ignore the rest.

For off leash training I use a 15' lead with a thin choke chain around her neck. Then I wrap the leash around my waist so she will see it is not in my hands. Then I just walk without making eye contact with her. When she heels I slip here a little treat. When she wanders off the chain tightens and there is the correction. But it is important that I show no reaction when that happens. It lets her know following me is the right thing to do. 

I usually work with her for 15 minutes or so twice a day then we play ball or Frisbee or something else fun. The key is for the whole experience to be positive for her. That's how I've always done it and it's worked really well.

Hmm.. Do you have any tips on how you can make a dog stop barking like crazy on new arrivals, dogs and strangers? My mothers dog is annoying as hell for this very reason.

Krookie is all grown up!  The experts all said an internet forum was a bad place to raise a child, but the Obsidianites did it.   :p

Now go conquer the world.  Literally.   

Congrats Krook!

Thanks guys. 

I think I joined in '05 which would have put me at 12 years old...hahaha that's hilarous to think about

Edited by Krookie

I was walking my dog around the park today and on the way back home as we are approaching the street to cross a car pulls up to the stop sign at about the same time we hit the curb. The car trying to be nice or whatever waves us on but I, not wanting to rush across the street, wave the car on ahead and tell them to just go. But still they persisted and eventually I'm just like screw it and slow chill stroll across the street as I'm want to do. They started to get visibly frustrated that I wasn't marching full speed ahead to get out of the way and I just shrugged it off because I don't owe them anything and I tried to tell them to go first because seriously, it takes them all of 2 seconds to be gone compared with my who knows how long to calmly walk my dog across the street.

Every day is a struggle but I get by

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Congrats Krook!

... And I'm sadly still in school v.v

I should be done in december though but what I'm going to do after I have not a clue.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Congrats Krook!

... And I'm sadly still in school v.v

I should be done in december though but what I'm going to do after I have not a clue.

:lol:  That's not helping Calax! I Remember YOU as a HS kid too!

As for what you are going to do how's this career path for a political science major: you wind working as a paid staffer for a State Rep back home in California (democrat of course). He'll get elected to Congress and take you along. Next thing you know he moves on to the Senate and you are running for his seat, and you win. You are full of ideals about how government can help people. Then 10 years go by. You're filthy rich because you've been taking bribes the whole time and stealing from taxpayers. You've been banging on of your 19 year old staffers but that's ok because your wife despises you now anyway and is spending your money as fast as you can steal it. Finally you move on from the 19 year old to an even hotter 20 year old that was answering phones during your last campaign. The 19 year old gets pissed and goes to the Washington Post with details of your affair and your financial dealings. It's a huge scandal but the House Majority Leader refuses to investigate because you are the same  party as they are. But your constituents vote you out of office anyway and your wife divorces you. But that's ok because you were stealing taxpayer money from slush funds and hiding it off shore and it makes a nice supplement to your $200k post-elected office lobbyist job convincing congress to cut down the Redwood National Forest. Proving that politics is a hideous bitch-goddess that turns good people into bad ones and idealists into hypocrites!

:lol:  I'm joking of course. But given your education and intelligence why don't you consider politics? It beats working for a living!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Become a contract killer.

Trying to find more information about Schumacher, but everyone around him are like clams, nothing gets out!

Anyhow, I was 95% sure he would die (read his old doctor's blog, he said the same). So happy he's hanging on!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!