What you did today

Rosbjerg

The only thing I can think of is; circuit breakers, when tripped, usually require you to move the switch all the way to the off position to reset, before switching back to the on position. Maybe you didn't move it all the way off the first time you tried resetting it? 

Or light bulb cancer.

I worked the switch really hard several times, I don't think thats the cause of the problem. And the light at the entrance door outside -which is hooked to the staircase circuit- did work. So there was power.  

Or light bulb cancer.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

To be honest the paranoid part of me would be wondering if there was a problem with the wires on the stairwell bulbs.

Does it have dual switches (ie you can turn it on/off at the top of the stairs or at the bottom)?  Could there be some sort of problem with one of the switches?

Although, weirdly, with bulbs flying over the place, Gfted might have been right about witchcraft...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Interviewed a lady for work, on one test she calculated 12 x 8 as 60. Hrm.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Weak technically, but was well spoken, seemed to be reasonably sharp. So I assume her math mistake was due to rushing. No hire though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sometimes when a bulb gets too hot it will pop and stop working, but might not be damaged enough to be burnt out completely.  So once it has cooled off, it can still function.

Which means you might have a wiring issue somewhere in there.

edit:  Just realized Amentep theorized that already.

Edited by Hurlshot

Interviewed a lady for work, on one test she calculated 12 x 8 as 60. Hrm.

What did she look like, presentation and perception is very important to the image you want to project as a company. To be perfectly honest I know many people who aren't that great at basic math but still play an important role in corporate structure. Besides Malc this is Canada, you guys allow major's who are caught smoking crack to stay in power so who cares about people who don't understand math :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's a technical position, while that is a tiny mistake it's a bit baffling for a fresh University graduate to screw that up. The most common misake on that question is just messing up the RPN and saying 8 times 2 not 12 times 8.

Booked some time off today, so I have that look forward to help me drag myself through the work day.

• Like 1

It's a technical position, while that is a tiny mistake it's a bit baffling for a fresh University graduate to screw that up. The most common misake on that question is just messing up the RPN and saying 8 times 2 not 12 times 8.

Booked some time off today, so I have that look forward to help me drag myself through the work day.

Fair enough, it was probably nerves. Because I do agree for a technical position basic arithmetic needs to be important

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well had an interesting night where I went out with a work friend and we ended up watching lego movie...

On the couch without clothes.

Also yesterday learned my grandmother is in early stages of congestive heart failure, has pneumonia again, and a couple of blood clots in her lungs (being fixed)

• Like 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well had an interesting night where I went out with a work friend and we ended up watching lego movie...

Huzzah!

Also yesterday learned my grandmother is in early stages of congestive heart failure, has pneumonia again, and a couple of blood clots in her lungs (being fixed)

Un-Huzzah. :(

Hope she feels better.

• Like 1

Just got home from training.

Circuits. 20 minutes with about 3-4 minutes of break in there.  three "circuits" with 30 seconds of each exercise. I'm feeling a little broken and not so much looking forward to the next workout. Still, shower, tea, food and I'm sure it'll start to feel better...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I have such sore abs from yesterdays training that I had to roll out of my bed, I'm practically temporarily disabled. Alternating floor oblique twists with 10 kilogram weights are killer.   :blink:

Which won't stop me from going cycling, I want to break my record in climbing the toughest part of my cycling route, the murder-hill. Its time. 

Edited by Woldan

Mount Moth******er is the name commonly used where I live.  :mellow: Although I'm no cyclist ... unless you add motor-.

:grin:

I know a Mount Mamba. Winds uphill like a never ending snake and its just as deadly to a cyclist. Also there is a small but extremely steep climb- so steep you have to take it easy on the pedals otherwise you lift your front tire- which I call ''anthill'' to make it seem less intimidating.  

Everything is awesome! When you're living the dream! Of doing the no-pants dance on the couch!

Edit: Also, if you freeze-frame a shot in the Lego Movie, the Flash makes a cameo.  :geek:

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Everything is awesome! When you're living the dream! Of doing the no-pants dance on the couch!

Edit: Also, if you freeze-frame a shot in the Lego Movie, the Flash makes a cameo.  :geek:

Hahaha, source? I'd love to see that.

Hahaha, source? I'd love to see that.

It's during the tale of MetalBeard... Flash pops up as one of the extra Master Builders.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Cleaning up after a big party - I'm turning 30 tomorrow! :w00t:

But seriously that's kinda a strange thought heh

When I broke my leg a few years back playing hockey, as they wheeled me off the ice, I turned to my friend who had recently hit that age and I said, "This is what happens when you turn 30."

So enjoy, it ain't easy.  :p

• Like 1

Drama queens. 30 ain't nothing.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No drama, I love getting older. I always felt that age brought freedom from behavioral norms. Or at least an acceptable plurality... It's just the switch from 2 to 3. Like 2010s instead of single digits. :)

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.