RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

As I understand it, it's largely the same on PC: You can make it a single- or multi-player server, save and reload to earlier states, kick people if you're host, etc.

You can play on the main Denmark server or, if you're ambitious, you can download the save file and explore on your own. It's a terabyte download, so hope you have a good connection and data cap.

Edited by TSBasilisk

Guest Slinky

You can now come visit me virtually. As Denmark has been recreated on 1:1 scale in Minecraft.

Tnt was restricted, but users quickly figured out how to vandalize it anyway and several parts of vritual Copenhagen is now blown up or under water. :)

I have no clue about anything Minecraft other than its DRM is the biggest reason why I never got it for PC.

Can you save something like that locally so that way you can bring it back at any time, or is it in a perpetual MMO state and is destroyed forever until someone repair builds it?

If you can't save it locally, then the whole thing seems like a waste of time to me.

By DRM you mean that the player needs to log in? I don't think thats too bad in my opinion, or is there something I'm not aware of?

And yes worlds are saved locally on your machine on single player and on the server machine on multiplayer, but there is no "save world" button. There really is no need one on single player, but nothing stops you from taking a backup manually and multiplayer servers can be set to take scheduled backups as far as I know.

That game symbolizes a phase in the gaming industry that I recall, and which nearly qualifies as an extinction event well up there among the meteor that eradicated most dinosaurs 65 million years ago.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

That game symbolizes a phase in the gaming industry that I recall, and which nearly qualifies as an extinction event well up there among the meteor that eradicated most dinosaurs 65 million years ago.

It's almost horrifying how gamers today want an industry crash.

Top game review of DSII on Steam:

"Game is so hard I can't even launch it

11/10"

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The answer was always soundblaster, the other options were just there to confuse people. I'm talking about all the other stuff. Typing in folders and directories, removing and adding different pieces of hardware because certain games weren't comparable, kicking the PC which for some reason actually worked sometimes and all the other crazy and tedious things back when gaming was for nerds. 

• Like 2

Oh x5. Storybricks, a company specifically devoted to creating immersive AI-driven NPC societies, patnered up with SOE to enhance the sandbox gameplay they try to deliver with EverQuest Next.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=169464

I remember the Storybricks Kickstarter from 2012, I visited their page being very curious about any advancement in game AI technology, and decided not back it. What they proposed wasn't a game, but an expanded technology test. The equivalent of an NWN module where you can fool around and try stuff see how it works. I'm not paying for that. In contrast, Minecraft offers a very simple core gameplay, but it does have a core gameplay you can enjoy while shaping the world.

Now, having partnered with SOE, they don't need to worry about a 3D engine, models, textures, items etc., the production values are delivered by another company. I was anticipating EverQuest Next even before they announced the partnership with Storybricks, being cautiously optimistic about it, but with them on board, I'm really looking forward to try it someday.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

The anti-antidisestablishmentarianists.

• Like 5

All Stop. On Screen.

hose.got.cable?  :disguise:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

When an AI learns and has the inclination to teabag people it's probably time to disconnect it from the internet, just saying.

By the time we discover this inclination in said AI, which, for the sake of simplicity, I will hence forth arbitrarily refer to as Skynet, it may already be too late to "pull the plug" so to speak.  In fact, the very act of attempting to "pull the plug" on Skynet may produce repercussions.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Horrifying ? Geez, you are tender. Think of it as people wanting some sort of chaff from wheat moment, or something. Will take something really interesting to make happen, anyway.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, I stumbled upon this juicy tidbit:

It's not officially confirmed with Bethesda at the moment, but I will most certainly not hold my horses in the meantime.

"The image follows an off-screen photo of a slide from a presentation.

According to the fact sheet, the Arkane Studios game is being developed using id Tech 5 and will be released in 2016.

Players will step into the shoes of a new main character who must “annihilate the outsider” in the new location of Tyvia. The character will also have new and updated powers, according to the slide."

As a huge fan of Dishonored, I'm extremely excited about this! 

Well, 2016 is somewhat cruel, but the amount of games coming out before then that I will most certainly play is huge, so no worries! :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

NZ Herald - Watch Dog Hands On

Off mission, Watch Dogs hews to the Ubisoft design mandate that more is better. When he's not surreptitiously wreaking digital havoc on Chicago's underbelly, Pearce can take up activities that range from core gameplay pillars such as racing, stealth, and shooting, to poker and drinking games. There are even digital trips: mind-altering flights of techno-fancy that bolt something of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon right onto Watch Dogs' core offering. Here, Pearce can clamber around Chicago in a mechanical arachnid, or take out as many demons as possible within a time limit.

More intriguing are a range of asymmetrical multiplayer modes. Players who have opted in will occasionally learn that others have intruded on their game to engage in competitive activities. The most basic of these is a game of anonymous hide-and-seek using the Pearce's smartphone profiler. Find the other player, steal their information, and get away before they can track you down. In Decryption, the player, or a team of players, must hold a file for a prescribed amount of time in a fast-paced rendition of keep-away.

A tablet companion app provides a final multiplayer mode, and an admirable example of second screen functionality. The player on the tablet is given a bird's eye view of Chicago and control of its police forces. He or she can then summon units and set traps for a player in game, who is attempting to get away. All of these clever modes make quick and welcome distractions from the singleplayer experience, without entirely undermining the conceit of the brittle hacker.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Watch Dogs certainly sounds really cool, but I'm trying not to give in to the hype and keeping my expectations low.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Child of Light reviews are coming in and they're positive.

2 more days to go.

/rubs hands together

:dancing:

I'm anticipating this one as well.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.