What are you playing now

The Ancient Dragon is tough.

I spent a few hours trying to co-op him as a phantom and it seems like every single host either wants to be carried for the fight and runs around the periphery or they die in the first attack. I'm proud to say that I got him down to half health in one of the carry fights all by myself.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Mostly playing the Dishonored DLC, while listening to the Tigerlilies. The Tigerlilies should really be the official soundtrack.

May I commend you on your classy choice!? :) Playing the two big ones in one go is a wonderful experience, and the Tiger Lillies would fit right in. I'd say Bully Boys for that long Mad Hatters vs Dead Eels act, and then Living Hell for the Brigmore mansion setting. :disguise:

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

The Ancient Dragon is tough.

I spent a few hours trying to co-op him as a phantom and it seems like every single host either wants to be carried for the fight and runs around the periphery or they die in the first attack. I'm proud to say that I got him down to half health in one of the carry fights all by myself.

Finally it's out on PC on Friday. My body is ready, again.

Still playing D3 RoS and started with Sleeping Dogs.

I'm debating whether I should be diplomatic with the hostage crisis in Call of Pripyat or whether I should pretend to be diplomatic and slaughter all the bandits there for maximum profit.  

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Playing the original Deus Ex with the Shifter mod installed and of course the HD textures. I'd forgotten how much accessibility had ruined modern games, here I have no glowing golden marks over important characters heads, no outlining for ladders to tell me what there use is, no quest markers, no mini map, no enemies appearing on a radar, no blatantly more beneficial playstyle and it's fantastic. Every playthrough I discover something new in Deus Ex and I can see why now, this degeneration really needs to be rolled back so that players can explore, experiment and be enchanted by the gameworld, rather than performing in a Skinner box.

In a way I find it a little insulting how much handholding modern games partake in, whom exactly is ignorant of a ladder or doors function?

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm debating whether I should be diplomatic with the hostage crisis in Call of Pripyat or whether I should pretend to be diplomatic and slaughter all the bandits there for maximum profit.  

Maximum profit !!!! :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You can be diplomatic? :blink: 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You can be diplomatic? :blink:

Yes.  You can pay the ransom, either with the artifact or the money.  One of the guards will shake you down on the way out, but it you plan it out and have very little money on you on your way out then it matters little.  I'll likely do it the violent way.  Pretend like I'm going to pay the ransom, then gun down Shishak and the other guards in the room, then wipe out all the other bandits in the compound.  I'll go through tons of ammo, but it shouldn't be too taxing a fight, considering how much better equipped I am than any of the chumps there, and all loot I'll get off the corpses should pay for the ammo I've gone through and any repairs, not to mention that I'll get to keep the artifact.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Banner Saga. Damn hard game, but very pretty :)

Blackguards, also damn hard - stuck in the final few fights, and unable to survive any one of them....

Stick of Truth. Well... okay, at least I can play again if I disable my Antivirus xD

FTL. Started playing again with the new enhancement patch, and beat it for the first time with the Kestrel, even though I really disliked that ship :D

BF4. Thought I'd give my GPU something to chew at. Really good visuals, but no time to gaze at them due to non stop military BS (as is to be expected in a war game, but still...). Also, I wonder why my character's eyes are prone to excessive lense flares, bokeh and depth of field effects, is he running around with a camera all the time?

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Playing the original Deus Ex with the Shifter mod installed and of course the HD textures. I'd forgotten how much accessibility had ruined modern games, here I have no glowing golden marks over important characters heads, no outlining for ladders to tell me what there use is, no quest markers, no mini map, no enemies appearing on a radar, no blatantly more beneficial playstyle and it's fantastic. Every playthrough I discover something new in Deus Ex and I can see why now, this degeneration really needs to be rolled back so that players can explore, experiment and be enchanted by the gameworld, rather than performing in a Skinner box.

In a way I find it a little insulting how much handholding modern games partake in, whom exactly is ignorant of a ladder or doors function?

I don't know Nonek but everything you have mentioned that doesn't exist in your version of Deus Ex exists in the latest version I am busy with, you don't think the game  will be too hard if you leave out some of those things in a modern game like  the latest Deus Ex? You also don't want to ignore practicality with misplaced nostalgia  :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

DX:HR was easy to go through with no quest markers, the highlighting was obnoxious compared to bracketing but eh, not that bad.  Still wonder at why people in these games design such colossal air ducts.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Playing Cannon Fodder and having a blast with it. So many good memories come back to life with the rageinducing repetition through the insistence that nobody is allowed to die at least in the first ten or so missions.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I'm playing now preloading Dark ****ing Souls 2!

I wanted to get it but I need confirmation that it isn't more of the same as the first one.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I wanted to get it but I need confirmation that it isn't more of the same as the first one.

By "more of the same" do you mean similar gameplay or abysmal PC port?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

In terms of world design, it's more like Dark Souls. Mostly.

The one complaint about the world design that's common is that it doesn't make as much sense as Dark Souls 1 did. Which I guess can be perceived as being like Demon's Souls. But mainly in Dark Souls 1 you walk from place to place and the transitions from castles to gardens to lava all ended up making sense.

In Dark Souls 2, you get in an elevator in a windmill and somehow end up at a lava castle. That took quite a few people out of the setting. I seem to recall this elevator went up.

Demon's Souls didn't even pretend most of the areas were connected, though. But my experience is that the areas that are connected made sense.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still playing Torchlight 2, even though I beat it with one character and then made it through maybe 75% of the New Game+ campaign before switching characters and completing it TWICE with that new character.

I'm determined to find at least one legendary item before I give up! Apparently one character at level 73 and one at level 93 is not enough. Or maybe I'm just unlucky.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well that certainly won't hurt. For me personally, I couldn't get over the crappy controls, they felt so imprecise and sluggish.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Similar gameplay, the abysmal PC port is a given.

Quite frankly I think I've had enough of trying to run around a guy so I can stab him in the back with my giant sword, which is only now hitting me as some homoerotic thing. Dark Souls a game about a bunch of people in the afterlife trying to shove swords into each others bumholes.

village_idiot.gif

In the future, all air ducts will be increased in size by 50% to accommodate obesity among air conditioning repairmen.

last summer we had an ac repair guy come out to a rental home-- tenants were complaining of ridiculous high electric bill during summer months. the guy was at least 6'4" and over 300lbs.  the access to get under the house (raised foundation) were requiring a little girl, or maybe the chinese acrobat from the newer ocean's 11 movie.  ducts in ceiling were accessible via an opening in the garage... 13' up with no descending ladder. the repairman has a ladder, but is probable 14' long, so ladder is needing to be held near perpendicular to the ground. hefty repair actually climbs up the ladder, but realizes that with the ladder in the way, he will never get his ample frame through the hole.

we felt bad for the guy, but not bad enough to pay for a service visit which included no service. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Soo... watched Star Trek movies/reviews... And am now playing Star Trek Online quite a bit.

*cries as cryptic beats him with lashes*

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.