What are you playing now

I really should get around to playing SoC one of these days.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The problem I've always had with Stalker shooting mechanics is that it's too RPGish in the way it handles damage - guns simply do too little damage...to both yourself, and to enemies - and this isn't even mentioning the % of bullets having no effect difficulty modifier that I've mentioned before. The shooting is so, so much better when the damage values are upped to a more "realistic" level, where the difference between a Novice outfit and an Exoskeleton is that you can only take two or three shots at best in a Novice outfit - even from a Makarov - and maybe half a dozen in an Exoskeleton. When I play Shadow of Chernobyl, I like using Stalker Complete's "Realistic Weapons" minimod, even though I don't use Stalker Complete itself, (but rather ZRP, [Zone Reclamation Project], the mod that Complete was mostly founded on and stole a huge amount of work from).

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

in contrast, I really enjoyed combat in New Vegas (no VATS, of course), even thought it's less of a shooter than STALKER. playing a sniper build in that game felt brilliant. 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Dishonored. The game sucks. The action is weak and easy and the stealth is badly designed. The graphics are meh. I'm going to keep playing, but I'm severely disappointed.

And here I was thinking I was the only one dissapointed by it.

Playing some Arkham City, leading up for my first game of Arkham Origins. I have played City before so I don't really have to, but I just want to :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Game was easy and short, but knowing who was behind the game, I knew I was going to play it at some point. I must say that it managed to evoke some emotions in me, not something that happens very often. Well, if you don't count frustration and anger at game controls or at failing.

The style is nice but the models look a bit blocky. Maybe it was intentional

Time for me to head to the bloodsucker lair in Call of Pripyat.  It's an easy mission, but that place gives me the creeps.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Time for me to head to the bloodsucker lair in Call of Pripyat.  It's an easy mission, but that place gives me the creeps.

Come on, don't you like walking among sleeping bloodsuckers in a deserted school?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Champions is something I only flirt with in down time... if somebody pokes me in game (@calaxprimal or steam if I'm not in game) I'd probably hang with them but as it is I mostly jump in and do alerts. I played the beta and got to the final island in 3 days I think. Ultimately though the melee classes don't have enough "umph" to make me really feel like superman (or superboy in this case as I just netflixed the entirety of the first season of Young Justice).

Been poking stick of truth with a stick... A pile of titanfall, uninstalled Diablo3 again because I can't handle that game very long (got to nightmare difficulty on my demonhunter and didn't want to drop 50 bucks on the xpac). Tidbits of WoW here and there, and may start a game of Ground Zero.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Final Island?

Monster Island never was the final zone. Lemuria was the high level zone. Then after launch they added Vibora Bay - a lot more fun than Lagmuria.

I find the writing on Monster Island even worse than the rest of the launch content, so I refuse to quest there. Always skip it.

For melee characters might has become quite fun. I think it had gotten a revamp after launch. A lot of powersets have. I enjoy palying might every now and then to send enemies flying with punches.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Went through the bloodsucker lair.  I'll be back with some gas later (/rubs hands together).  Then I went to the substation workshops.  I gave Hatchet some food, it's a small price to pay to get the fine tools, plus a firefight with those mercs would have been very detrimental to my health with my current gear.  While I was in the area I also visited the Iron Forest and the crash site there.  That takes care of all the crash sites in Zaton.  It's almost time for me to move on up to some meaner and nastier areas, and with fine tools I was able to upgrade my SVD and my TRs-301 (zorry, Zoraptor) LR-300 to serious killing machine levels.  I often leave the SVD behind in my stash, opting to carry a shotgun in addition to the assault rifle or submachine gun I almost always lug around and not wanting to take on the extra weight that comes with carrying the SVD in addition to my other 2 weapons, especially since it's mostly completely unnecessary at this stage of the game.  Still, it's well worth upgrading for the few times I do bring it along for a specific purpose, like when I cleared out the mercs at the waste processing station.  I set up on to the catwalk above the bridge, as far away from the station as I could, then sniped most of the mercs from there.  When I went into the station to finish the job, only 2 mercs were left alive and I cleaned them up nice and easy.  That would have been 5 times as hard without my trusty SVD.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Final Island?

Monster Island never was the final zone. Lemuria was the high level zone. Then after launch they added Vibora Bay - a lot more fun than Lagmuria.

I find the writing on Monster Island even worse than the rest of the launch content, so I refuse to quest there. Always skip it.

For melee characters might has become quite fun. I think it had gotten a revamp after launch. A lot of powersets have. I enjoy palying might every now and then to send enemies flying with punches.

I've only gotten to level 13/15 on my characters (I don't play that much)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, I think I'm pretty much done in Zaton for the time being.  I gassed the bloodsucker lair (damn that's satisfying), finished the missing stalkers questline, and disrupted the arms deal.  At this point I have a somewhat upgraded Mossberg 88, a well upgraded LR-300, and a well upgraded SVD.  Once Nimble comes back with my armor order (I'm thinking it's the CS-3a, if I recall correctly) I'm off to Jupiter.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Played Far Cry 3 a few hours. Its a well made game, but I've played it already (Far Cry). The original was more intense, even though the AI is better this time around. Its simply too shallow and repetitive to take seriously and play all the way through, so I'm moving on to something else.

Stalker SoC (now that's a non-linear shooter I can enjoy) and Dishonored, maybe.

I also tried out the full version of Minecraft (having only tried the demo before). Minecraft is a great game, I can see why its selling like hot cakes. That said, its too much of a time sink for me, considering that its not really going anywhere (story wise). Its like the Sims (except enjoyable) an addictive thing you keep playing without knowing why.  

Played Far Cry 3 a few hours. Its a well made game, but I've played it already (Far Cry). The original was more intense, even though the AI is better this time around. Its simply too shallow and repetitive to take seriously and play all the way through, so I'm moving on to something else.

Stalker SoC (now that's a non-linear shooter I can enjoy) and Dishonored, maybe.

I also tried out the full version of Minecraft (having only tried the demo before). Minecraft is a great game, I can see why its selling like hot cakes. That said, its too much of a time sink for me, considering that its not really going anywhere (story wise). Its like the Sims (except enjoyable) an addictive thing you keep playing without knowing why.  

Dishonored is an excellent game, very entertaining.

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Moving on to a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game is never a bad decision. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Still playing Binary Domain. Haven't had so much fun with a shootar since Bulletstorm.

A game that does teach you self restrain as cussing might get you a dislike from your teammates.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif