What are you playing now

Was playing Baldur's Gate II. Was going to play for thirty minutes. Ended up playing for thirty minutes... and then three more hours.

Obsidian, please don't release Pillars of Eternity. The game will ruin my life.

Edited by Labadal
  • Like 1

Civilization V. I tried playing it a few months ago, but gave up after some hours because the AI is completely incapable of handling even other AI players, (and Barbarians - especially Barbarians who have a tendency to spawn right outside of their territory and steal and/or wreck their stuff while the AI sits around with its hands up its sleeves), and playing on difficulty settings higher than Prince just means they outright cheat...but still don't do much better, because they still have no bloody clue what they're doing with what they have, even if what they have is much better than what you do. An unarmed, adult man vs. a baby with pistol, basically. Sure, the baby has the greater means, but...it doesn't know what it's doing.

I tried playing a few games these past few days again, but I disabled Barbarians and Ancient Ruins because they disproportionately gave a huge advantage to the player, (i.e. me), who actually knows how to (ab)use them properly. This actually allowed them to develop scientifically and culturally right along side me on Prince - two players even made it to the Classical Age before me, although not by much - but by the time I hit the Medieval Age, I was light years ahead of them, with my score about five times higher than the next highest. They don't know how to manage their cities at all, and tend to build up useless militaries that will not actually help them do much besides waste gold and production. It's good to have a few units, but they make a large amount and do nothing with them - not that they could do anything besides defend themselves, because they wouldn't have the infrastructure set up for taking over enemy lands, anyways...and if all one can do is defend yourself when everyone else is in the same position, what the heck is the point of having a military, anyways?

I really like the underlying mechanics, but the game is just ridiculously and completely, utterly stupid. In my other games, pre-Barbarian/Ancient Ruins being disabled, I reached the Renaissance Age by about 500BC. This last time, I got there at about 300AD. I quit shortly after because by that point, I had made about 20 Wonders with no-one else making a single, the population of my capital city was a little over 30 with my other five cities all being around the 10-15 mark while the population of all the other players' capital cities' never exceeded 12, I was making several hundred gold per turn while nobody else was hardly making any, my culture and faith outputs were through the roof. The only two things that were comparable were my science output and my military - and since the AI is so stupid with its military units anyways and wouldn't have been able to take any of my cities anyways, especially considering I could outright buy new units every few turns if I really needed to, it hardly mattered.

It'd probably be more fun multiplayer, but I think I'm just going to uninstall. RTS games these days...bah.

(edit): Uh, not sure why I called it an RTS...because it's not...but it made me laugh when I reread it, so...:p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

What annoyed me is that you can auto win the game on any difficulty if you ally your self with all the city states, which is really not that hard.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Automatically win? De facto or de jure? I play with all the victory types disabled because they all seemed ridiculous and artificial, so just let the game be what it is without silly automatic victories, so I'm not that sure of all of the victory conditions.   :)

Not that it matters, since I never get close to fulfilling any of the normal victory conditions because the game long before becomes broken and unfun before then.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Is it as broken in multiplayer as it is in single player?

I got the game a while ago but I was turned off by the UI so I never bothered to learn it properly.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Is it as broken in multiplayer as it is in single player?

I got the game a while ago but I was turned off by the UI so I never bothered to learn it properly.

The muliplauyer is ok, as far as I heard. The main issues with the game is no unit stacking and the AI. Though I play CIV more like a building game, like Caesar and Pharaoh. Man someone should kickstart a game like those, so much fun.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Hmm, I'm at the point in Call of Pripyat where I should start thinking about either siding with Duty or Freedom.  The armor you get for helping either side is mostly irrelevant as I'm currently wearing the CS-3a and I intend to stick with it until very late game, possibly throughout.  It's a good balanced suit offering all around protection with very flexible upgrade paths.  I'm leaning toward siding with Freedom at the moment.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Bah. Freedom scum. :p

(I actually never chose sides because I never really liked the idea of the mass murder of others purely for their idealogical tenants vs actual actions (like bandits), but that's just me. :))

I just wish you could change your social policies in Civ V, but oh well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ditched everything to play Team Fortress 2. Damn that game is good. Its no wonder single player shooters don't hold my interest anymore, there is no substitute for human players.

Utterly dominated a public server last night as Pyro (the only class I play). Nothing like clearing out three bunched up enemies at once by returning a rocket to its sender. Held off a corridor against a baffled Scout, Demoman and Soldier by burning them, or shoving them back, or spamming flares on them. They kept at it for a while and then just gave up.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I have been playing the weekend beta of wildstar. Although I had swore off MMOs, I believe Carbine has me sold on a preorder. I am a PVPer, mostly. Their class system, or Limited Action Set as they call it, it's pretty cool for duels and pvp in general. It almost reminds me of official Magic: The Gathering play. You have a deck with a small sidebar of cards in MTG. In wildstar you have 30 class abilities and can only equip 8 (22 sidebar) at a time, but can freely swap them out when out of combat. So, if someone is trumping your build in a duel you can respec between duels with abilities to better counter his build.

They seem to be fighting cookie cutter builds, it may be a lofty goal, but right now they seem on target as different builds can be very differently abled. This isn't just from a trinity perspective either as you can increase CC to fight a very mobile build, or increase DPS to counter healing, etc. Highly recommend any MMO players give it a go on their next weekend beta in May. I got a free key from MMORPG, and there were a great many ways to get them.

Guest Slinky

I'm tempted to get Wildstar just to shoot people who play as one of those weird ass bunnyfurrymonstrosities, and I'm not even that into pvp in general.

Just finished another speed run of Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. All I need now, is one more playthrough for True Ending and I will get Platinum and I can get back to Demon's Souls and Star Ocean 4 :p

So far 120 hours played and 8 times played through.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Are you getting fairy Fencer F? It's supposedly not different from the Neptunia in the gameplay department. Has nothing to do with the Neptunia world, though. They are advertising Amano's and Uematsu's names, even if I know they probably have minimal involvement.

• Like 1

Thank you for bringing this game to my attention. I will definitely keep it on my watch. Unfortunately not so much time nowadays, so I am losing big time on news about upcoming games :(

Can you tell me anything about Witch and the Hundred Knight? I read only some mixed reviews on it, and not many people on this boards discuss JRPGs :(

Thank you for bringing this game to my attention. I will definitely keep it on my watch. Unfortunately not so much time nowadays, so I am losing big time on news about upcoming games :(

Can you tell me anything about Witch and the Hundred Knight? I read only some mixed reviews on it, and not many people on this boards discuss JRPGs :(

I haven't played it, but some people whose word I trust when it comes to jrpgs, told me to stay away. Checking some youtube clips further cements my decision to stay away from it.

Ok thank you, will take your advice, if you for some reason change your opinion let me know :)

I got the black box from the choppa in the mine field.  The flesh and boars charging the mine field and blowing themselves up is still every bit as entertaining as it ever was.  While waiting for Nitro to decode the blackbox, I went to the cement factory and got all the radio supplies for him.  Now I reckon it's about time I head on over to the Jupiter factory.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Moebius, about to the point where I left off in the betas. Game's a bit too easy, I find. Ah well, it's not horrendous but being a backer I am probably biased.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm playing absolutely nothing at the moment.

This has to be the worst year ever when it comes to new games I'm interested in.  It's been forever since I actually bought a new game because none of the ones being released appeal to me.

I've spent the past few months replaying my game library because nothing new looks interesting.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

trying out MechWarrior Online, and so far it's been great fun, although the main menu interface is absolutely atrocious, unintuitive and broken in some parts. which stops me from going deep into customizing my mech. but the core game is there, if they can tweak the interface and add some meta game stuff for players to get into, it will be amazing

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Retro City Rampage

It's great but it's one of those games that plays a lot better with a gamepad which I sadly don't own at the moment. The only gamepad I'm settling down for is a Razor Sabertooth.

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Mostly playing the Dishonored DLC, while listening to the Tigerlilies. The Tigerlilies should really be the official soundtrack.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.