What you did today

LadyCrimson

Its not like I'm inserting a great sword into my ear channel and stabbing my eardrum like an angry ogre, and if it doesn't hurt it can't be bad.  ;) Like I said, my docs cleaning procedure is far more painful. My sense of hearing is by far my best sense but to keep it that way my ear channels needs to be cleaned every now and then. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Its not like I'm inserting a great sword into my ear channel and stabbing my eardrum like an angry ogre, and if it doesn't hurt it can't be bad.

You and I obviously know very different... ah never mind.

Go nuts. Like the most irreparable piece of your anatomy were a butter churn. To the sounds of the Bee Gees.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Back from KC. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. It also cools off arguments it seems. I wonder if she would ever guess the real reason I took my dog with me on this road trip?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Woke up feeling great. Going to go work out, then spend most of the day putting off studying.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

It's another nice day, not as gorgeous as yesterday, about the same temperature, but mostly cloudy, so I went for another bike ride.  Not as long as yesterday, about an hour and a half.  Still, that's 4 hours total this weekend, and with me being as out of shape as I am, and my legs not used to so much work, I expect to be feeling lots of burn in my legs at work tomorrow.  Worth it, though.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ahh, there is absolutely nothing better than really heavy lifting for 1.5 hours and later eating a tasty healthy self prepared meal while playing a good atmospheric RPG and/or watching a film you love.

Throw your antidepressants, alcohol, cocaine and whathaveyou out of the window and try my method, I can guarantee you if you get off your lazy butt and do it properly you'll never need any of that stuff again. 

Ahh, there is absolutely nothing better than really heavy lifting for 1.5 hours and later eating a tasty healthy self prepared meal while playing a good atmospheric RPG and/or watching a film you love.

Throw your antidepressants, alcohol, cocaine and whathaveyou out of the window and try my method, I can guarantee you if you get off your lazy butt and do it properly you'll never need any of that stuff again. 

I reckon it's the galvanic invigoration being delivered by all the misplaced cutlery sticking out of your ears.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Gotta agree here only substitute weight lifting with splitting firewood. As for the second part that is especially so if 100% of that meal was produced on your own land.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I reckon it's the galvanic invigoration being delivered by all the misplaced cutlery sticking out of your ears.

Haha misplaced. A funny little human you are. If anything all that metal cutlery safely stored in my ear is solving my increased demand for iron. You can't have to much iron when pumping lots of...iron.

Gotta agree here only substitute weight lifting with splitting firewood. As for the second part that is especially so if 100% of that meal was produced on your own land.

Chopping firewood is strangely addictive and satisfying. I was really pissed and angry when the wood guy (who brings me all the wood to heat my furnace) started to bring me chopped wood. Though I didn't say anything because the wood guy happens to be my neighbor and I don't want to be known as an axe-swinging lunatic around here. My reputation is already beyond repair but I still don't want to throw bricks at it. Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

HULK DIG! :no:

Well I wanted to post a wee post in the NFL thread ... but, it's gone into Page 4 Purgatory, I guess. All this time I didn't realize Off-Topic only lasts 30 days? 

It just defaults to a 30 day filter, you can extend the range from "custom". But it was the "NFL 2013" thread, so you might want to start a new one, since that season is over. I know I would be up for some draft speculation! ;)

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Having a real day of not focusing. Decided to have a small break from the work I was attempting and started up some Civ. Got caught in the "just one more turn" and seem to have lost the day...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Tons of these planted all around the neighborhood

689px-Pyrus_calleryana_.JPG

The smell is really not pleasant

Is that the tree that smells like rotting flesh when flowering?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The tree is known for its distinctive smell which has been said to be similar to a cross between rotting fish and ****

http://www.theawl.com/2013/04/this-spring-new-york-city-smells-much-less-like-sperm

http://www.businessinsider.com/bradford-pear-tree-****-sex-smell-2013-4

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

The tree is known for its distinctive smell which has been said to be similar to a cross between rotting fish and ****

http://www.theawl.com/2013/04/this-spring-new-york-city-smells-much-less-like-sperm

Oh god. Why would you plant such a tree?

-Elwood Blues

Ah the Bradford Pear tree.  I've seen that tree around.  Nasty smell indeed.

Oh god. Why would you plant such a tree?

Its fast growing (unfortunately its breaks easy in heavy wind, IIRC).

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yesterday I drank Jack Daniels and paced around. Struggled trying to figure out a conflict for my new project that I could be happy with. I think writing out how I'm struggling to figure out a conflict helped, because one of the floated ideas started sounding much better. Yay.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yesterday I drank Jack Daniels and paced around. Struggled trying to figure out a conflict for my new project that I could be happy with. I think writing out how I'm struggling to figure out a conflict helped, because one of the floated ideas started sounding much better. Yay.

PM me. I'll drag my consumptive butt down the pub and ask the regulars.

-Elwood Blues

I can just imagine you asking a bunch of drunk strangers "which would you prefer intergalactic heroes to fight, an intelligent virus or robots?"
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I can just imagine you asking a bunch of drunk strangers "which would you prefer intergalactic heroes to fight, an intelligent virus or robots?"

They're not strangers. They're regulars. And I'll ask them now. I'm going stir crazy lying around anyway. :)

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Correction. I'm going to cough myself inside out and change my mind.

-Elwood Blues

Would you believe me if I tell you that I have spent many years perfecting the art of asking very random questions to complete strangers and getting a response sometimes? I do it because I am a student of human behaviour and I am fascinated by how people respond to different questions and situations

Yesterday in a supermarket I asked this lady in front of me in the line for the till  if she minded paying for my groceries, well specifically I said "do you mind if I add a few items to your basket, its been a hard month"

She responded really well and she ended up paying me a compliment saying how its nice to meet " friendly people that you don't know in supermarkets"

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela