Stephen Fry destroys Russia

Tagaziel

Yeah, excellent question that's not at all loaded.

How so?

For example, there are loads of politicians in the US who I do not identify with.  

Do you back Mayor Ford in Toronto?

Everyone backs Rob Ford. Best mayor EVER.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

He'll win again, too.  Question seems more like a dig than anything though. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We don't know anything about Oby other than the fact he is playing a nationalistic caricature, so if anything the question is too serious for someone who has shown no real inclination to be a member of this community.  

He keeps posting, so that's all that is for one to be part of the "community" here.   He's like our application at work, just keeps on rolling no matter what gets thrown at it. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We don't know anything about Oby other than the fact he is playing a nationalistic caricature, so if anything the question is too serious for someone who has shown no real inclination to be a member of this community.  

He keeps posting, so that's all that is for one to be part of the "community" here.   He's like our application at work, just keeps on rolling no matter what gets thrown at it. :lol:

Its a reasonable question and definitely not "off limits". I also want to understand how far right his social and political allegiances are

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Milonov is a religious nutjob. He also proposed to ban theory of evolution from schools, ban MTV for "immorality", and grant "citizenship rights" to human embryos.

I was frankly surprised he would allow himself to be recorded having a conversation in these terms with a foreign journalist (or whatever Fry is). "Let's discuss how retarded your political program is" is not exactly the kind of interview format I'm used to seeing, that's for sure.

But I'm going to assume that if he was elected, his ideas must resonate with some people, at least.

Disclaimer: I have no idea how elections work in Russia.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

He's exactly like an application, he might as well be a part of the forum software.  He's not an actual person, which is what is required to be a part of a community.  There is no personality there, he has one function and he executes it tirelessly.

Anyways I'm sure I'll get in trouble for talking about posters.  :p

I should note that I enjoy Malcador's personality every day.  I'm not being facetious, I appreciate your skeptical look and your ability not to get caught up in things, it keeps many of us grounded here.  :)

• Like 1

"Histerion"?

This isn't even close to how non-English speakers mis-spell words.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm shocked that such a creature was elected to an office of responsibility.

That sort of child-like naivety is just adorable.

Really? I watch interviews with politicians all the time and that guy has one of the worst perspectives around gay rights I have ever seen.

I have seen worse, in Uganda they have just passed a law where they have criminalized homosexual acts. On CNN they interviewed the minister responsible for the legislation around this and during the interview they asked him " how can you pass a law that contradicts the human rights of people and what the African Charter for Human Rights stand for, especially considering the fact Uganda signed up to the AU charter"

He responded calmly " he doesn't think gay people have any rights "  :facepalm:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That sort of child-like naivety is just adorable.

I could understand if it was somewhere in the hardocre fundie Islam or Christian countries, but for ****'s sake, St. Petersburg lies in Europe and Russia is (allegedly) within the European cultural circle.

It's easy to post here when all you do is google translate the Russian simple.wikipedia discussion forums. If I copied everything I posted I'd have a higher post count too.

I could understand if it was somewhere in the hardocre fundie Islam or Christian countries, but for ****'s sake, St. Petersburg lies in Europe and Russia is (allegedly) within the European cultural circle.

You're aware that there are people like that in the United States aswell, right? He's on the same level as creationists.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

What never ceases to amaze me is just how aggressive people on both sides of the fence can be.

"Pacifist" that want to kill all "warmongers"

"Progressive" people that in the end, are just as much a slave of dogma (of a different kind) as the people they are "tearing down"

The only conclusion I can come to is that humanity itself is nothing more than a jumbled mess

• Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

The apocalypse can't come quick enough. Then I'll laugh at the people who think my collection of hunting rifles and tinned food is eccentric.

Have fun hiding in your basement in loneliness and terror until they run out. :) Unless, of course, the apocalypse happens while you're not at home.

Edited by TrueNeutral

It's easy to post here when all you do is google translate the Russian simple.wikipedia discussion forums. If I copied everything I posted I'd have a higher post count too.

Well, never said it was a high bar of entry to be part of a forum 'community'. Clumsy engagements on his part but engagements still.

The apocalypse can't come quick enough. Then I'll laugh at the people who think my collection of hunting rifles and tinned food is eccentric.

Have fun hiding in your basement in loneliness and terror until they run out. :) Unless, of course, the apocalypse happens while you're not at home.

On the rare occasions I leave the compound, I do so with a bug-out kit.

sonsofgygax.JPG

You're aware that there are people like that in the United States aswell, right? He's on the same level as creationists.

I am acutely aware of that, but whenever such a creature makes it into a position of power, I am shocked. This shouldn't become the norm.

• Like 2