What you did today

LadyCrimson

Forgot it is February so Arsenal is going to be done contending soon. FA cup next then CL. I bet Ozil regrets signing with them :lol:

Getting tired of supporting these idiots.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I woke up today and felt like composing a sonnet to my wife:

My wife, my tireless partner in life

With her delicate touch in times of grief

And a stern voice when my hubris is rife

At the days end, she is my great relief

She matches me step for step, wit for wit

If chance pitted us on opposite sides

We’d fight to a draw, matching hit for hit

Combined in our might, we reach undreamed heights

She brightens the day by her mere presence

Her smile can stop my heart as it beats

When she laughs, the world suddenly makes sense

With her by my side I rise to great feats

She has awakened my slumbering soul

She makes me complete, she makes me whole

• Like 4

Who is this poetic impostor and what have you done with Hurlshot?

Edited by Labadal
  • Like 3

[poetry]

Who is this poetic impostor and what have you done with Hurlshot?

At an educated guess I'd say he's garlanded him with flowers.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Went to the shooting range, good thing the winter break is over now, feels like an itch that has been scratched. Sent a million bullets down range and hit like a laser, shot several 3cm groups with open sights at 100 meters. My reloads worked perfectly. 

And now I smell like powder a factory. 

:w00t:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Happy Bday Nep!

Hurlshot, that's a side of you I haven't seen before!

So I got another crush... my type, both in character and looks, but she's 18 and I'm 27... So maybe not.

Cute as button though. And I know and like her family as well, so meeting the parents well, maybe the age difference would be an issue.

anyway...

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Happy Birthday Nep! I hope you have a wild encounter with a tattooed analyst with a Masters in Economics.

Someone is either trying to get laid or is euphoric after doing so.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Nice poem and sentiment, Hurlshot. Lucky wife. :)

Pizza and movies night. Some family movie called Firehouse dog is on CN and since it has Bruce Greenwood in it, so I must watch it because I'm a Greenwood fangurl. Also has Josh H., which took me a few minutes to remember "oh yeah, Hunger Games". I forget how young he is/was, even in Hunger Games. Plus, y'know, cute dog.

Earlier I caught a bit of Silent Hill, which also had me going "Hey, the blonde from Walking Dead!" (who's a lot hotter with short hair, imo, I might add). A whole lot of people are in that movie, actually. Fun times.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've been fighting a bug for a good month and a half. Can't really breath through both nostrils which is frustrating.

I think it's in my sinuses... I wish It'd go away but it doesn't seem to want to. Also my cat is flipping insane.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hopefully it's actually a bug and not you developing cat allergies. :p

...I hate being allergic to my beloved cats...but it doesn't stop me, either.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks all. A good party that might have benefited from ending 30 minutes earlier. Only the slightest touch of hangover, should stick to just GTs in the future, too. By the time we got to a place with tattooed girls, I was starting to feel my age and run out of steam. Did walk two if the best looking girls in the bar home, but unfortunately knew them from before ;)

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 4

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Happy belated b-day Nep.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I just finished doing my taxes. And writing the biggest check of my life to the IRS. Needless to say I'm in a pretty foul mood right now.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Browsing the net and listening to the soundtrack of The Banner Saga. I'm supposed to play a game, or at least that was the plan when I turned on the computer. Problem is that I can't decide on a game.

#firstworldproblems #walsinghamiamsorryforusinghashtagsbutimust

Hopefully it's actually a bug and not you developing cat allergies. :p

...I hate being allergic to my beloved cats...but it doesn't stop me, either.

Fairly certain it's a bug given that I'm still plugged up to heck while at work.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I just finished doing my taxes. And writing the biggest check of my life to the IRS. Needless to say I'm in a pretty foul mood right now.

Well, this federal employee thanks you!

I'm actually doing the same right now.  Seems that I'll be writing a moderate check as well.  But that was somewhat planned-for, as I adjusted my withholding after seeing the refund we got last year. 

Still, it'll be nice when the little bundle of exemptions and creditsjoy can be reflected on our 2014 return. 

Time for a lunch break before tackling the Maryland portion.

Edited by Enoch

Well, if I look at it as buying you a drink (or many)  it does take some of the sting out of it :lol:

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Well, if I look at it as buying you a drink (or many)  it does take some of the sting out of it :lol:

I wouldn't temp Enoch with a drink just yet, he has to show a measure of control till Mrs. Enoch pops out Enoch JR.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I wouldn't temp Enoch with a drink just yet, he has to show a measure of control till Mrs. Enoch pops out Enoch JR.

Actually now is the time to indulge. He'll be too busy and tired soon!

Thomas Sowell