What you did today

Rosbjerg

I'm in a "girl's just want to have fun" mood. This could be trouble. :biggrin:

P.S. That parrot in the t-shirt gif is so cute/funny!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Looking forward to some relevant revelations in about twenty minutes from Sony's CES live stream. Supposedly a virtual reality headset for 2014, but I don't know if that means I could play PS4 while wearing it. I just want something right in front of my eyes cause I wear contacts but not inside the house because they're hard lenses and I don't have glasses so it's hard to really see the games on TV without sitting too closely. I'd really like to just lay flat on the couch with a controller in my hand and a head set covering my face. No squinting, no fuss, just 1080 on the bridge of my nose.

All Stop. On Screen.

Exercise works like wonders to combat the coldness, if you feel like freezing lift weights for 45 minutes and you'll feel comfortably warm again for the next 2 hours easily. To bundle up is not a solution. 

Yeah, that's not really practical though.   And I imagine -13 C weather will steal any amount off heat of me pretty damn quickly if I'm not dressed well.

I didn't say you should exercise naked in the open right during a blizzard. Yeah, now that doesn't sound very practical indeed. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

It's pretty natural to hallucinate stuff while you're half asleep, I wouldn't worry about it.

Edit: yupp, looked it up, hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations are present in about 37 and 12,5 percent of the population, respectively, and while they may be more prevalent in people with narcolepsia, they're nothing to worry about in itself. If it's any reassurance, I also have them occasionally.

I've never really experienced the hallucinations, but I do occasionally suffer from sleep paralysis, wich is some scary stuff. Occasionally when I'm sleeping on my mates sofa I get it, and usually end up kicking the table next to the sofa while trying to get back control.

That frickin' table hurts by the way.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Exercise works like wonders to combat the coldness, if you feel like freezing lift weights for 45 minutes and you'll feel comfortably warm again for the next 2 hours easily. To bundle up is not a solution. 

Yeah, that's not really practical though.   And I imagine -13 C weather will steal any amount off heat of me pretty damn quickly if I'm not dressed well.

I didn't say you should exercise naked in the open right during a blizzard. Yeah, now that doesn't sound very practical indeed. 

Well, you stated bundling up is not a solution, when facing the cold parts of the US is facing, it is one.  That heat'll dissipate off you pretty quickly in that condition, and well, you'd get frostbitten soon in some places (is -34 C right now with wind, I feel for anyone working a late shift).   More feasible than lifting weights for 45 minutes before venturing outside from work or one's home, in any case.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nope, an empty whiff. Sure, Sony sells a VR headset, but it's only 720p and frickin one thousand dollars. CES is being lame so far. Unless you want a wristband that saves and records everything you do and sends it to your phone/tablet/TV/blah/blah/blah. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Alas, I have run out of ice melter. So looks like our sidewalk will have a bit of ice until things warm up a bit. Our neighbour may salt, so that might help.  Irritating. City's low on ice melter and salt since the ice storm 2 weeks ago.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trust me Woldan Malc is right about this, there are 2 things I've come to realize that Malc is authoritative on. Cold Weather and the lifestyle and habits of Moose. I never argue or debate him on these matters :yes:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Back playing up severely. Am wedged in chair with cushions, and full of pills.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Walsie what actually happened to your back? Was it an accident?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My understanding is that it was an elaborate practical joke involving a dozen chinamen, a zeppelin and a french prostitute gone terribly wrong.

• Like 8

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

My understanding is that it was an elaborate practical joke involving a dozen chinamen, a zeppelin and a french prostitute gone terribly wrong.

You funny Nep :lol:

John Milton 

I honestly don't know. All I know is that I've only had one hour's sleep. Am throwing a sickie. Or is it throwing one, if I'm actually non-functional?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hope your back eases up soon Wals! :)

I don't know if it's throwing one or not, I seem to remember sickdays mostly being there to make certain you don't get the other employees sick from the beginning. In any case, I think you've got reason to stay home.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Hm, somehow I've slipped into only 4-5 hours sleep for the past oh week, and I think it's catching up on me.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I don't know if it's throwing one or not, I seem to remember sickdays mostly being there to make certain you don't get the other employees sick from the beginning. In any case, I think you've got reason to stay home.

Thanks, man. The hardest part isn't the pain, but I can't focus on anything properly. I can't do anything for more than about ten minutes at a stretch, so I'm flitting from article to article and TV show to TV show.

This would an interesting pehmo... phenomenon... if I was more awake.

-Elwood Blues

Thanks, man. The hardest part isn't the pain, but I can't focus on anything properly. I can't do anything for more than about ten minutes at a stretch, so I'm flitting from article to article and TV show to TV show.

This would an interesting pehmo... phenomenon... if I was more awake.

Well you have my sympathies as what you are experiencing doesn't sound nice at all

John Milton 

Trust me Woldan Malc is right about this, there are 2 things I've come to realize that Malc is authoritative on. Cold Weather and the lifestyle and habits of Moose. I never argue or debate him on these matters :yes:

Now that I re-read the post I think I mis-interpreted something here, or its kind of a misunderstanding, warming yourself up through exercise doesn't help you a lot when being inadequately dressed in cold weather, what I was trying to say is you don't need to curl up under 5 blankets to feel warm inside your house and that exercise makes you feel comfortably warm inside your 4 walls much more effectively and faster. 

I don't suggest people to do some bench pressing and then walk into subarctic wastelands in their underwear, I haven't lost all of my sanity.   

And speaking about winter temperatures, I just watched the news and how everyone goes batcrap insane over the cold overseas, its winter for gods sake. Winter is cold. Really. Its the same story every single year, it gets a little cold and people freak the hell out like its the end of the world.

Last year I went for a walk in the woods when the outside temperature was below minus 28 Celsius (-18F) with a chilly wind and while it was indeed kind of cold and somewhat uncomfortable in the face I didn't die nor did I have to cut off any frozen limbs. And I saw people walking around. 

And I never - in my entire life- had to change my daily life routine due to some cold weather, and I have experienced VERY cold weather. 

I cannot speak for the elderly and physically impaired though. 

That doesn't help if I'm trying to sleep.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Oh, if you want to sleep do the opposite thing, open the windows and do nothing!  When reaching a certain low temperature you will fall asleep. Trust me. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

That doesn't help if I'm trying to sleep.

Oh, if you want to sleep do the opposite thing, open the windows and do nothing!  When reaching a certain low temperature you will fall asleep. Trust me. 

Woldan wouldn't the ideal solution to be able to do weights while you are sleeping? Like some kind of sleep walking...that way you'll get rest and keep warm?

:blink:

John Milton 

Simply put a live electric wire into your mouth before going to sleep, your twitching body will surely create enough heat to make you feel comfortably warm throughout the cold night. 

• Like 1

Simply put a live electric wire into your mouth before going to sleep, your twitching body will surely create enough heat to make you feel comfortably warm throughout the cold night. 

:lol:

John Milton