What you did today

Rosbjerg

Who you fantasize about in your dreams is your own business man...

But will be nice to see Liverpool back in CL at least.

I'm not going to hope for too much (yet). I'd love to see us in the top four. We need to get better results against the better teams. Good thing is that we have, Chelsea, Man City & United, Arsenal, Everton and Newcastle at home. I doubt we will win all of those games, but we do have a decent chance if the back four can stop messing about and make less mistakes.

Edited by Labadal

Someone slammed into my car at 3am this morning. Still operational, but I lost a fair bit of sleep. Going to the dentist in half an hour.

Is the dentist related to the car accident?

Fortunately no. I need to have a couple of cavities filled and(now that my insurance covers dental) have my wisdom teeth removed.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Today has been a cleaning day. Done with the basement. Also decided it was about time I took a look at the innards of my PC. It was in dire need of cleaning. I'm a bit paranoid and usually call a friend to do it for me but decided against it. Did it myself and now there is almost no sound when I turn it on. I should do this more often. Did the same thing with my consoles. I've had them for more than three years, so I do not have to worry about the warranty.

Went to the mall to buy a HDMI ->DVI adapter so I can watch blu-ray movies on my PC screen using my PS3. Yesterday I found out that - much to my surprise- the darn screen doesn't have a HDMI port; I was thinking that every screen nowadays comes with one.    :getlost:  

Anyway, today must have been the national day of giants or something, when I was at the mall half of the customers there were taller than me, actually a good bit taller and I'm not a shorty with 186cm. Even the women. Dafuq? :blink:

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Liverpool back in CL

476.gif

Hey they can do it, just taking United's spot :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Lazy morning. Shower, dishes, cooking a meal, then a lazy evening.

Also decided it was about time I took a look at the innards of my PC. It was in dire need of cleaning.

I take my PC outside twice a year, take off/clean the case grills and use a large rubber squeeze bulb to poof-blow dust out. Seems to work pretty well and it stays pretty clean. Unlike some of my ancient early PC's, where I never cleaned them and they'd end up with a layer of dust so thick you could build dust-snowmen in there. The old hardware seemed more tolerant of such, tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Lazy morning. Shower, dishes, cooking a meal, then a lazy evening.

Also decided it was about time I took a look at the innards of my PC. It was in dire need of cleaning.

I take my PC outside twice a year, take off/clean the case grills and use a large rubber squeeze bulb to poof-blow dust out. Seems to work pretty well and it stays pretty clean. Unlike some of my ancient early PC's, where I never cleaned them and they'd end up with a layer of dust so thick you could build dust-snowmen in there. The old hardware seemed more tolerant of such, tho.

I usually open it up once a year. I think I forgot to do it last year, so I did it early this now and I'll clean it before I play PoE. It did not look pretty when I opened it up.

Me when I was 12: "Daaaaad, Moooommmm, you say that (story, phrase, opinion) every single time. I hate it when you constantly repeat stuff, so annoying!"

Me when I'm 45: constantly repeats stuff :cat:

...had fun with the hubster playing some Torchlight2, which he seemed to like ok, even tho he ended up using a KB/mouse mostly. Currently debating whether to play more solo and stay up until dawn, or just go to bed.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think I have a little Vitamin C deficit (unhealthy winter diet) so bought a sack of lemons, peeled two and ate them. Now I don't understand the saying ''If life gives you lemons..'', raw lemons are actually quite tasty and refreshing.

I'll eat one every day for two weeks or so and see if things improve...

I assume you don't like sauerkraut? I always have, ironically.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ugh Sauerkraut, IMO Sauerkraut tastes like straw pickled in cow piss and vinegar...yeah, thats a pretty good description of how it tastes to me. My mother loves it though, especially with Speckknödel. Maybe it has something to do with the age, I don't know anybody my age who likes Sauerkraut but a lot of old timers do.

...not that I'd call you an old timer, Wals, but.....yeah... 

:p

• Like 1

I did something really stupid last week... I took on a job without checking how long I need to travel for it each day and yesterday evening I realized that... everything sucks. It's a 38 hours job with really ****ty pay, and as I don't have a car, I need to take the bus, which means a waste of 3 hours per day just for that. I'll have to get up really early in the morning (which isn't a big problem to me) and yet I won't be home before approx 19 o clock in the evening (this is a huge problem to me) or even 20 o clock, if it is a bad luck day and I miss a bus by 1 minute. Then I'll have to make food and shortly after that it's pretty much bed time already...

God damn timed employment trash. I hate it so much. You earn like no money at all and even though it is a fulltime job, I still need additional social money from the state. If I'd get twice the amount of money, then I might be fine with the huge amount of time I'll have to spend on that job, but this? This is a bad joke. I've experienced such a situation already once in the past and I know what happens next: The week over I will not have time for anything anymore and on weekend I feel too tired and weak to do anything other than sleeping and sitting around.

No wonder nobody is motivated anymore to go to work. It's just not worth it. I am 26 now, but I'll have to deal with such crap. It just doesn't get me forward, there is no progression at all. And the worst is, I wrote job application for such jobs already in the past, yet I never had much luck- but when the timed employment firm suggests me to those firms, I'll get the job without them thinking longer than an hour about it... for half the pay, if at all.

I am so pissed right now, I could destroy lots of stuff and probably still wouldn't feel any better.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I did something really stupid last week... I took on a job without checking how long I need to travel for it each day and yesterday evening I realized that... everything sucks. It's a 38 hours job with really ****ty pay, and as I don't have a car, I need to take the bus, which means a waste of 3 hours per day just for that. I'll have to get up really early in the morning (which isn't a big problem to me) and yet I won't be home before approx 19 o clock in the evening (this is a huge problem to me) or even 20 o clock, if it is a bad luck day and I miss a bus by 1 minute. Then I'll have to make food and shortly after that it's pretty much bed time already...

God damn timed employment trash. I hate it so much. You earn like no money at all and even though it is a fulltime job, I still need additional social money from the state. If I'd get twice the amount of money, then I might be fine with the huge amount of time I'll have to spend on that job, but this? This is a bad joke. I've experienced such a situation already once in the past and I know what happens next: The week over I will not have time for anything anymore and on weekend I feel too tired and weak to do anything other than sleeping and sitting around.

No wonder nobody is motivated anymore to go to work. It's just not worth it. I am 26 now, but I'll have to deal with such crap. It just doesn't get me forward, there is no progression at all. And the worst is, I wrote job application for such jobs already in the past, yet I never had much luck- but when the timed employment firm suggests me to those firms, I'll get the job without them thinking longer than an hour about it... for half the pay, if at all.

I am so pissed right now, I could destroy lots of stuff and probably still wouldn't feel any better.

This is why I play way to much Dynasty Warriors

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Spent the weekend trying to get my body clock back onto a better schedule... then I end up with a ticklish throat that keeps me coughing through most of Sunday  night. Not a happy bunny over that.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So, I get mild psoriasis in my ear canals.  They get itchy, I scratch them, pieces of dead skin fall out, etc.  I have a topical steroid lotion that I was prescribed years ago, but I was cautioned against using it too much, so I tend to let it get really bad before I get that out.  Anyhow, last Friday morning, as I woke up and was still in a fog of low awareness and warm-in-bed contentedness, my left ear was fantastically itchy.  And, lacking the judgment that would come with being fully awake, I scratched the hell out of it, digging my pinky finger in there as far as I could. 

Afterwards, my ear felt funny, like I had water in it that I couldn't get out.  It seems that such forceful scratching mashed up a hunk of sloughed-off dead skin with some earwax (and maybe a bit of blood), and shoved said item deep within my ear.  It wasn't too bad, though, and this kind of thing has resolved itself before.  (I.e., it fell out after I took a shower the next day.) 

In this case, it hasn't.  And, indeed, my attempts to remedy this have made it worse.  I was at my parents' house this weekend, and when I told them about this, my father ran and got a little bulb syringe, telling me that a few minutes of gently squirting hot water up there would shake the stuff loose.  Maybe I squirted too hard or something, because that just seems to have pushed this further down.  (It worked really well in the good ear though-- an impressive bit of earwax came out.)  Now I can hear the blood flowing through my ear, and I get a little bit of ear pain from time to time depending on the angle at which I'm holding my head. 

I am presently waiting until the local clinic opens so that I can stop by and see if there's anything they can do for me. 

Sweet jebus! That sounds pretty awful. Why your ear canals, of all places?

Hope it's not too serious. While you're there ask your doc if using weak hydrogen peroxide solution regularly would shift the normal dead cells, and - I'm winging it here - maybe moisturise afterwards so they feel less itchy.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't know anybody my age who likes Sauerkraut but a lot of old timers do.

...not that I'd call you an old timer, Wals, but.....yeah... 

:p

Of course back in my day we called it Victory Cabbage. That was in Ought Fifteen, would have been the year after the cuckoo-clock riots. They weren't actually about cuckoo clocks, but Helene Dutrieu hadn't won any races by then on account of her being suspected Irish...

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I've had ear wax removed. You kinda feel bad for the ear doctor, seems like half his work day is made up dealing with simple blockages. He had an intern who was writing article about the stuff. She assured me it was fascinating. What he uses is just a shower head with an attachment. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The Nurse Practicioner at the clinic took a look at my ear and decided it was too complicated for her.  (Although I did get an immunization that I had been putting off, so it wasn't a total waste.)  I now have a mid-afternoon appointment with an actual doctor. 

The ear is annoying, but at least it's now getting me a full sick day, rather than just coming in a few hours late. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

Today I've been feeling so tired of everything, not depressed, simply tired and jaded, I thought only old people whose lives are phasing out feel like that but nope...

@ Enoch
I didn't know you could get that skin issue in your ear channels, wow. How do they know is psoriasis and not a simple infection? Looks pretty much the same, should feel the same, too. 

Edited by Woldan