What you did today

Rosbjerg

No offence, but that's why you're not getting let into Valhalla.

EDIT: For the record, the reason that _I'm_ not getting let into Valhalla is that I'm a walty c*** wedged into a chair with cushions.

That's okay, you knock around with Thor and the others in Valhalla,  I'll go out drinking with Loki and have cunning plans.. :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's very cold today and I'm quite hungover. Going to sit in a dark room sleeping or watching netflix.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Went to the doctor to have some stitches removed. Dermatologist had wanted to removal a mole... or dysplastic nevus or what they call it. It worried her during check up. The biopsy is back, will go again tomorrow so she can talk me through the findings. Apparently the short version is: I do not have skin cancer. It was a good thing they removed the thing though because the cells were being dodgy and the doc thinks I would have gotten skin cancer if they hadn't.

So, yay :)

Now I have to go to bi-annual check ups...

tl;dr:

I didn't think I had cancer and it turns out I was right :p

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Went to the doctor to have some stitches removed. Dermatologist had wanted to removal a mole... or dysplastic nevus or what they call it. It worried her during check up. The biopsy is back, will go again tomorrow so she can talk me through the findings. Apparently the short version is: I do not have skin cancer. It was a good thing they removed the thing though because the cells were being dodgy and the doc thinks I would have gotten skin cancer if they hadn't.

So, yay :)

Now I have to go to bi-annual check ups...

tl;dr:

I didn't think I had cancer and it turns out I was right :p

Witches have moles, how do we know you aren't witch...... :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1) I'm not dressed as a witch

2) I didn't turn anybody into a newt (and if I did, they wouldn't get better)

3) I'm not made of wood

4) I don't weight the same as a duck

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

1) I'm not dressed as a witch

2) I didn't turn anybody into a newt (and if I did, they wouldn't get better)

3) I'm not made of wood

4) I don't weight the same as a duck

But the real question is do you float or sink when thrown into water....that's the most accurate gauge of witchcraft :sorcerer:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Were I to float, I'd have to be made of wood and therefor weigh as much as a duck, no?

Is that how it works with the whole wood thing, I thought the floating was just a sign of a witch and not indicating witches are made of wood ?

http://listverse.com/2012/07/27/10-tests-for-guilt-used-at-the-salem-witch-trials/

John Milton 

Were I to float, I'd have to be made of wood and therefor weigh as much as a duck, no?

Is that how it works with the whole wood thing, I thought the floating was just a sign of a witch and not indicating witches are made of wood ?

http://listverse.com/2012/07/27/10-tests-for-guilt-used-at-the-salem-witch-trials/

"If there was a way to get magic for free, do you really think I'd have spent so much time sacrificing children to my dark gods? For spells, I mean. Obviously there'd still be sacrifices. A hobby's a hobby."

• Like 1

And if it is good enough for King Arthur...

• Like 1

And if it is good enough for King Arthur...

Aaaahhh..okay. Good one, I see now :biggrin:

John Milton 

Hubs still feeling poorly (less to do with the cold he had and more to do with general malaise I think), Mr. Black still thinks he's a dog, and I still feel as if there's not enough time in the day.

Oh and I'm more and more annoyed with middle-age's desire to seemingly turn me into a bearded woman. Men get hairs sprouting out of their ears and nose, or whatever ... I seem to get a new chin hair to pluck out every year. What is it about aging that makes hair run amuck? Are there still circuses in town? Maybe I can join one in another decade or so. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just did 30 kilometers (18.6 miles) in 61 minutes on my stationary bike, burning 2100 kilo joules. No breaks, resistance 8.5 of 10, consistent 80 rpm. Great way to blow off steam.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

What is it about aging that makes hair run amuck?

Your estrogen levels are falling, hence the suppressive effect it has upon your undeveloped hair follicles is lessening.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Bah. Need a new game. Or a new hobby. Re-arranging furniture on a weekly basis doesn't count.

Your estrogen levels are falling, hence the suppressive effect it has upon your undeveloped hair follicles is lessening.

Bringing science into it, that's no fun! ... I think I'm just going to blame my cat. He's probably putting hexes on me for not feeding him in a timely manner. Yes, that's it.
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bringing science into it, that's no fun! ... I think I'm just going to blame my cat. He's probably putting hexes on me for not feeding him in a timely manner. Yes, that's it.

:lol: yeah it must be the cat

John Milton 

That's okay, you knock around with Thor and the others in Valhalla,  I'll go out drinking with Loki and have cunning plans.. :shifty:

If you do, I'd advice you to be careful, drinking with Loki has been known to cause; Chronic back(stab) conditions, massive worldshattering headaches, waking up with extremely weird partners in your bed (Including, but not limited to; Wolves and snakes), waking up as an extremely weird partner (Including, but not limited to; a Mare) and waking up bound by your kids guts and being a incapacitated massive pain in the butt to your loving partner, until the end days.

Then again, the alternative is rather boring, and involves drinking mead :x ... Bring on the patron of furry pron and BDSM!!

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Well i'v woken up with a grinding, pounding headache, and a mouth that feels full of stuffed sandpaper. It's like I was drinking for Valhalla, but I certainly can't remember that. Trying to drink down a cup of tea and figure out what the day actually was for.

Someone slammed into my car at 3am this morning. Still operational, but I lost a fair bit of sleep. Going to the dentist in half an hour.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Achieved the task I'd get nagged at at work, so I suppose this day is a success.  And hooray for Friday, or something.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Someone slammed into my car at 3am this morning. Still operational, but I lost a fair bit of sleep. Going to the dentist in half an hour.

Is the dentist related to the car accident?

Have one to support a better team!

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Who you fantasize about in your dreams is your own business man...

But will be nice to see Liverpool back in CL at least.