What you did today

Rosbjerg

Today (yesterday actually) I did nothing. Literally nothing. First time in a long time. It felt pretty good! The snow is starting to melt now so today I'll get something done.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Still trying to reset my body clock, but it's not working well. Then someone decided to phone me this morning about  3 hours after I had managed to drop off to sleep. Of course, when I answered the phone they hung up.

Also, I seem to be following Wals on a slightly lighter level, somehow I've slept in a way that my neck is all tight and annoying and achey spasms of pain.

My typical answer to both these things.. more tea in the morning.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Still trying to reset my body clock, but it's not working well. Then someone decided to phone me this morning about  3 hours after I had managed to drop off to sleep. Of course, when I answered the phone they hung up.

Also, I seem to be following Wals on a slightly lighter level, somehow I've slept in a way that my neck is all tight and annoying and achey spasms of pain.

My typical answer to both these things.. more tea in the morning.

My mum always said I'd start a cult. Little did anyone suspect it would be one of back pain.

EDIT: In case anyone's interested. I'm still stuck in my bloody chair.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today I turned 22. I'm going to go on a pub crawl tonight.

• Like 6

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

There are far worse places to be stuck.. and at least in this weather you still have internet access while stuck there..

Edit: Oh and congratulations KP.  Remember to drink enough to make it memorable, not drink enough to have memory loss.. ;)

Edited by Raithe

Well, this happened two nights ago, but it was nerve-wrecking enough to feel like it was just minutes ago. I was watching The Fall on Netflix over the telly rather late at night. I have the flu, so I thought some scary crime series could make me think of something else than snot and snivelling. That show is really good btw, I didn't know Gillian Anderson was that good an actor. Anyhow, I happened to glance out through the window, and this in the countryside, so it's all pitch black outside, well, at least, it's supposed to be. But to my surprise I saw a rain of fireflies outside, and I immediately thought that some stray fire works rocket had landed on our roof. I got up and out, only to see that sparks were flying out our chimney like a cannon. It was continuous and intense; hundreds of sparks flew up a few feet and then sailed down slowly, while they were still alight. Quite remarkable and scary. I feared the worst, a chimney fire building up! This kept going for like two minutes when I decided to call 911 and the fire brigade for the first time in my life. Civilization is quite a bit away, but still two fire trucks arrived after 20 minutes or so, and by then the sparks had died down to something like two or three a second. Soon enough, there were fire fighters all over all our floors, from the cellar to the attic. They also did a sweep of the chimney. I had of course already choked the fire and my kids were waiting outside, tired and excited at the same time. The chimney turned out be in great condition, no wonder as I employ chimney sweeps regularly. Well, it turned out that there had been a built up of wood tar along a seam in the chimney, and all of the sudden, that build up had been set ablaze because of sufficient heat and it reaching a critical mass. We were lucky, as there weren't any cracks in the chimney. Had it been, this wooden house would not have been able to sustain so many sparks. This little event even made into the local rag. I'm just glad we're all right. 

P.S: KaineParker, happy birthday! You're old enough to be my kid, so don't do anything stupid. ;)

P.S. 2: Walsingham, I hope you get well soon. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

There are far worse places to be stuck.. and at least in this weather you still have internet access while stuck there..

Edit: Oh and congratulations KP.  Remember to drink enough to make it memorable, not drink enough to have memory loss.. ;)

Don't listen to my cowardly associate. Drink like you were fuelling a rocket to travel to Valhalla.

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today I turned 22. I'm going to go on a pub crawl tonight.

Happy B-day, I expect you to horribly wasted tonight and tomorrow I want to hear how terrible your hangover is :dancing:  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, this happened two nights ago, but it was nerve-wrecking enough to feel like it was just minutes ago. I was watching The Fall on Netflix over the telly rather late at night. I have the flu, so I thought some scary crime series could make me think of something else than snot and snivelling. That show is really good btw, I didn't know Gillian Anderson was that good an actor. Anyhow, I happened to glance out through the window, and this in the countryside, so it's all pitch black outside, well, at least, it's supposed to be. But to my surprise I saw a rain of fireflies outside, and I immediately thought that some stray fire works rocket had landed on our roof. I got up and out, only to see that sparks were flying out our chimney like a cannon. It was continuous and intense; hundreds of sparks flew up a few feet and then sailed down slowly, while they were still alight. Quite remarkable and scary. I feared the worst, a chimney fire building up! This kept going for like two minutes when I decided to call 911 and the fire brigade for the first time in my life. Civilization is quite a bit away, but still two fire trucks arrived after 20 minutes or so, and by then the sparks had died down to something like two or three a second. Soon enough, there were fire fighters all over all our floors, from the cellar to the attic. They also did a sweep of the chimney. I had of course already choked the fire and my kids were waiting outside, tired and excited at the same time. The chimney turned out be in great condition, no wonder as I employ chimney sweeps regularly. Well, it turned out that there had been a built up of wood tar along a seam in the chimney, and all of the sudden, that build up had been set ablaze because of sufficient heat and it reaching a critical mass. We were lucky, as there weren't any cracks in the chimney. Had it been, this wooden house would not have been able to sustain so many sparks. This little event even made into the local rag. I'm just glad we're all right. 

P.S: KaineParker, happy birthday! You're old to be my kid, so don't do anything stupid. ;)

P.S. 2: Walsingham, I hope you get well soon. :)

Wow that's a hectic story, I'm glad you and your family are okay :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Okay, trying to read some papers for general learning, but I have to admit, the mixture of;  horrible weather, lack of good sleep, neck aches, some fun flirty messages back and forth with an ex, and a few other things being juggled with tends to sap concentration and focus.

Don't listen to my cowardly associate. Drink like you were fuelling a rocket to travel to Valhalla.

I don't believe there is any other way to drink.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Moderation is a virtue...

The axe is not balanced when it swings...

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I have no problem with drinking for Valhalla.. I just want to be able to remember drinking for Valhalla and the fun I had doing so.. ;)

I have no problem with drinking for Valhalla.. I just want to be able to remember drinking for Valhalla and the fun I had doing so.. ;)

No offence, but that's why you're not getting let into Valhalla.

EDIT: For the record, the reason that _I'm_ not getting let into Valhalla is that I'm a walty c*** wedged into a chair with cushions.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

First "real" day at work after 3 weeks off. Came home tired but it felt good to be back in action. Got many laughs because kids can be really funny even if it's unintentional.

A kid asked me if I could make him a Pokemon perler bead pattern, so I did this:

fnIFHdw.jpg

• Like 3

Seen on back of truck: "Want more gun control? ... Try using both hands."  :lol:

Also, they had the coolest his/her or father/son lacquered wood canoes on the top rack. Ok, not as cool as carved-from-one-piece-of-solid-wood canoes perhaps, but they were still neat looking. Wish I'd had my tiny vid camera with me.

*off to stuff face with Chinese food and watch TV

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Back worse. But I really can't face another day in a chair. I'm dragging myself off to the British Library.

EDIT:

Also:

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Back worse. But I really can't face another day in a chair. I'm dragging myself off to the British Library.

You've probably considered this but have you tried smoking some good weed to negate the back pain?

John Milton 

Happy belated B-Day KP!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Another day in Initech, end of 2013 reviews are actually in mid January 2014.  I think the management here sees real life as Warcraft.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra