Good Old Games

Gorth

Lords of Xulima available from GOG, along with a 30% initial discount. One of last year's quiet RPG surprises, also a finished Kickstarter project.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

w00t w00t w00t

http://www.gog.com/news/release_double_dragon_trilogy

:aiee: :aiee: :aiee:

EDIT: and one more thing which should not be lost in the text:

Thanks to the cross-play feature of GOG Galaxy, GOG.com gamers are now able to double up for a beat down with their Steam friends and frenemies.

This is awesome to read, if this will be feature of Galaxy for all games after it gets into full release, it is an awesome news!!!

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

w00t w00t w00t

http://www.gog.com/news/release_double_dragon_trilogy

:aiee: :aiee: :aiee:

EDIT: and one more thing which should not be lost in the text:

Thanks to the cross-play feature of GOG Galaxy, GOG.com gamers are now able to double up for a beat down with their Steam friends and frenemies.

This is awesome to read, if this will be feature of Galaxy for all games after it gets into full release, it is an awesome news!!!

Ha! So they're now packaging arcade emulations? Although, DD3 looks terrible when compared to DD and DD2.

Still, they were fun back in the day.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Lords of Xulima available from GOG, along with a 30% initial discount. One of last year's quiet RPG surprises, also a finished Kickstarter project.

Anyone picked it up? I am still thinking about buying it or not, so any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Thinking hard about buying telltale sam and max bundle for my sister

nFSebim.gif

They're not as good as Sam & Max Hit the Road, but they're still fun and hilarious games.

"Hit him where it hurts Sam, right in the-" Yes they're very funny. I think the Tales of Monkey Island had more frequent laugh out loud jokes though, if that's on sale I'd suggest picking it up too.

Lucasfilm wave II is up!

Includes local favorite KOTOR 2.

GOG is hinting at a third wave in 48 hours.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Nice, XWA. Shame that didn't get an expansion

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You'd think that out of twelve games they'd be able to make at least one of them non-Star Wars. :(

A full three of them aren't Star Wars.

• Like 1

You'd think that out of twelve games they'd be able to make at least one of them non-Star Wars. sad.png

Fair amount up, and well considering LA's mostly Star Wars catalogue you can forgive them a bit.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'd imagine that both Disney (to promote the new movies) and GOG (because they would be most popular and they have a limited title contract) would prefer a lot of Star Wars titles to be released over most other titles. SW is certainly the LucasArtsFilm franchise with the greatest popular resonance and current exposure- even though they also made a lot of sentimental and critical favourites outside of SW as well, especially in the adventure genre.

(The three non SW games already released are Sam and Max Hit the Road, Indiana Jones/ Atlantis and The Secret of Monkey Island)

At long last -  http://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_rebellion

Very underrated game. People not liking micromanagement, pft, guess they didn't RTFM.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

More bleeding Star Wars. They can't even get Monkey Island 2 special edition?

There goes my hope for Monkey Island 3...

At long last - http://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_rebellion

Very underrated game. People not liking micromanagement, pft, guess they didn't RTFM.

This was at the very top of my wish list.

Playing the Empire and hunting down the Rebels with my fleets of (named) Star Destroyers and intelligence network brought me countless hours of joy.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

I still have my CDs, so will try those to see if they work at all and if the game can play under W7 (it did under XP for me).

Will be nice to play this multiplayer again.

I actually loaned out my disc to a friend and it got cracked. By that time, the game was already out of print.

It was a brilliant, ambitious game and the manual and tech/unit poster was old school cool. Too bad I lost the manual as well.

• Like 1

Tested it out and no dice, not even in compatibility mode, game won't install.

Works just fine for me. Starting an Imperial game on huge galaxy setting. I'm immediately overwhelmed with all the options. Deciding it's time again to re-read that manual after all these years. Not quite like riding a bicycle again...

Thinking of picking up Papers, Please and Aarklash: Legacy

Has anyone played these or recommend them?

I own both on GOG. 

Have not played Papers, Please. 

I have just returned to playing Aarklash: Legacy.  I started playing the game in May of 2014.   It was fun for awhile.  However, soon after my characters reached the level cap of 20, I lost the motivation to continue playing even though I was near the end of game.   (I did not know the game had a level cap so I grinded quite a bit.)  The biggest reward and satisfaction of that game was earning levels and skills, and it stopped.     The level cap was an extremely bad design decision.  Level 20 was such an odd place to set the cap because each character could max out two of their four skill trees, but the third skill tree was left stuck in the middle.  I could still re-spec the skill trees at any moment, and frequent re-spec is required to deal with different high-level enemies that have different strengths and weaknesses.   However, the constant re-spec became very tiresome.   It was such a chore to micro-manage the skill trees for my eight different characters, and to keep switching their skills back and forth for different enemies.  At that point the game ceased to be fun.  It was just a whole lot of micro-management of skill trees.   My last saved game was made on May 30, 2014.

So I moved on to playing XCOM: Enemy Within, Dungeon Siege III, Majesty Gold HD, and Tomb Raider.  All which I have finished and were fun to play until the very end.  Yesterday, (i.e., Friday,) I just returned to Aarklash: Legacy.  I will try to force myself to finish the game even though it is no longer fun: my character can no longer gain level, and the micro-management of  re-spec'ing skill trees has become very tiresome and annoying.  I will have to force myself to finish the game because I am close to the end.

The level cap was just a horrible design decision.  IMO, the game should have allowed players to max out all four skill trees, (we would still have to make choices because the four skill trees still branch out at various points;) so we could focus on tactical combat and playing the game instead of the endless, pointless micro-managing of skill trees.

Edited by ktchong

Works just fine for me. Starting an Imperial game on huge galaxy setting. I'm immediately overwhelmed with all the options. Deciding it's time again to re-read that manual after all these years. Not quite like riding a bicycle again...

Meant my CDs, sorry.

You guys need to get Battlefront 2 on Gog; That way we could some sort of massive Obsidian multiplayer-session. If there's any game that has a fun multiplayer then it's that one.

Battlefront 1 was better. Darktrooper was never the same without the scattergun.

You guys need to get Battlefront 2 on Gog; That way we could some sort of massive Obsidian multiplayer-session. If there's any game that has a fun multiplayer then it's that one.

Battlefront 1 was better. Darktrooper was never the same without the scattergun.
I can safely say that I derive lots of enjoyment from Force choking Anakin Skywalker as Darth Vader while running as fast as a subway train.

I can safely say that I derive lots of enjoyment from Force choking Anakin Skywalker as Darth Vader while running as fast as a subway train.

I can safely say "boo, heroes."