Good Old Games

Gorth

You guys need to get Battlefront 2 on Gog; That way we could some sort of massive Obsidian multiplayer-session. If there's any game that has a fun multiplayer then it's that one.

Battlefront 1 was better. Darktrooper was never the same without the scattergun.
I can safely say that I derive lots of enjoyment from Force choking Anakin Skywalker as Darth Vader while running as fast as a subway train.
I can safely say "boo, heroes."
You're no fun :|

Loved Rogue Squadron, glad I can buy it again somewhere... and nice to see TSL too of course.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

3 more LucasArts titles arriving tomorrow. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hope so, then we can get some people bitching about it not being a real MI game as Lord Rob wasn't involved and it countered some interpretation of his vison.  :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hope so, then we can get some people bitching about it not being a real MI game as Lord Rob wasn't involved and it countered some interpretation of his vison.  :lol:

The best/most heretical part is that I sometimes think Curse is the best game in the series.  I feel that game is really excellent and Ron Gilbert not being involved doesn't bother me one bit.  I go back and forth between Le Chuck's Revenge and Curse as the best MI game.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I can has Curse of Monkey Island?

s-I-CAN-HAZ-SUM-TREATS.png

I believe they were already leaked. It's all Star Wars. I recall one was Republic Commando.

Anyway, they don't even have LeChuck's Revenge. So they're really dragging their feet about MI releases.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ah well, better luck next time I guess. 

I can has Curse of Monkey Island?

s-I-CAN-HAZ-SUM-TREATS.png

I believe they were already leaked. It's all Star Wars. I recall one was Republic Commando.

****ing Star Wars, always ruining everything for me.

grumble.png

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.gog.com/game/majesty_gold_hd

Majesty is on GOG, neat. Also other Paradox games as well like EU, Victoria.

• Like 2

Already own them all, though I couldn't find the Majesty CD last time I looked. And really, given Paradox's stated philosophy wrt DRM it should have happened years ago.

Still, if Paradox allowed me to convert my copy of CK2 into a Galaxy/ GOG copy I might actually forgive them somewhat for trojaning steam into it.

Which of them is best for beginners? I always were really interested in Paradox games, but I always sucked at these type of games. And because of Steam, I never bothered to try them either.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

All of them are available steam free from alternative vendors such as Gamersgate, though Majesty 2 there at least had securom when I bought it.

Of the ones listed that are actually Paradox Europa Universalis would have lowest barrier to entry, though I would rate Crusader Kings 1 as best overall its learning curve is near vertical. Majesty is also very good and easy to learn, but also very different from the others and most Paradox games as it wasn't originally a Paradox product.

Edited by Zoraptor

Definitely pick up Majesty if you never played it before.

Wont regret it.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Which of them is best for beginners? I always were really interested in Paradox games, but I always sucked at these type of games. And because of Steam, I never bothered to try them either.

P'dox have their own digital distribution outlet, Gamersgate. It's really lightweight (doesn't install anything but the game) and drm-free unless otherwise specified. I bought most of my P'dox games there... and Alpha Protocol.

Get the one whose historical setting appeals the most to you, play through the tutorials, and read the wiki. Start with a small or medium country to get yourself familiarized with the mechanics, then move on to a major. Get ready to sink some serious hours into it.

My favorite is Victoria, hands down. And I could never really get into EU:Rome. Too slow.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

In many cases, they stopped supporting the DRM-free GamersGate version and converted everyone's copies to Steam. This should have been a bigger controversy that that other similarly named silly thing that's been going on.

What? Say it ain't so! :(

edit: I just logged in and tried to download HoI3 and AP. It didn't prompt me to install Steam. Is this for new releases, new purchases, or...?

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I know they stopped supporting the CK2 GamersGate version, but it's been well over a year now that they did it, all purchasers were given a Steam key and told there would be no further updates to the DRM-free version - all future patches and DLC being Steam-exclusive.

I haven't played any other Paradox games so not sure about other titles. I guess for the ones which aren't in active development, the old downloads would be unchanged so it wouldn't matter.

EDIT: In hindsight I shouldn't have put "many cases" which might be misleading, it'd just be for anything they're still developing for I guess.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

It's CK2 and at least one other Paradox game, 'Lionheart'/ King's Crusade (albeit both have the original downloads still available) and gamergate has converted other titles to steam keys at publisher insistence- iirc both GTASA and GTAIV were direct GG downloads but the last patch converted them steam keys. There was actually a GOG thread in their forums with a list of the titles effected.

w00t w00t

Ys games on GoG!!!

http://www.gog.com/news/release_ys_series

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

• 2 weeks later...

The insomnia sale is back. This time they're doing 2 at a time.

Why they would start it at the same time as trade deadline day is beyond me.

Bad Mojo & Driftmoon are the 1st 2 games.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Wait, CK2 with DLCs are on GOG? its too good to be true

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Wait, CK2 with DLCs are on GOG? its too good to be true

Not as far as I can see, only the old game.

Yeah, it's only CK, not CK2.  If you want CK2, you have to sign your fist born over to GabeN.  :teehee:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸