Rosbjerg

Wrong price on Tomb Raider. It was up for a minute or so at -120%.

Already own it and didn't manage to grab it as a gift to see if I'd actually get paid by Steam before they corrected it :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

So how is FarCry 3? Never played the first and second game before.

I really enjoyed Far Cry 3,  while the story isn't the best, the gameplay is pretty good throughout.  I suggest using the bow for EVRYTHING as it makes the game much more appealing and survival-based.  Overall, really enjoyed it and thought it was a big step past Far Cry 2.

• Like 1

Buy Natural Selection 2

I am tempted to get Rome TW2 at that price.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wrong price on Tomb Raider. It was up for a minute or so at -120%.

Already own it and didn't manage to grab it as a gift to see if I'd actually get paid by Steam before they corrected it :)

I was tempted to make a joke about how I wouldn't play that game again even if GabeN paid me to, but I'm too classy for that.  ;)

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

At the start of the sale I levelled from 30 to 40 (cards bought from selling free cards and booster packs), got a bunch of Snow Globe cards, made about $25, covering most of the cost of Iron Brigade, Rayman Legends, Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition, Dishonored, Monaco, and Nihilumbra at their highest discounts. It's crazy how people are spending so much on these cards, selling for $.6 each when I started, ended up selling 57 of them but by the end they were going for $.13.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

I was able to make a single badge. I've been level 12 or so for like 8 months. Made like 60 cents from selling extra cards.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't even know what level I am.  What do the levels mean, if anything besides ePeen size?

Every ten levels makes the percentage of a booster drop rise.

Cool.  Now I know that level has at least some practical value, since I can sell the cards in the booster, or the booster itself.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I don't think I've ever got more than 25 cents for a card. Since they've implemented them I think I've crafted 3 badges and sold 2-3 bucks worth of cards.

As a sidenote, I wish Achievements actually did something. Even if they gave steam xp or something. They're just kind of there.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think the most I got for a card was $0.88.

Should have sold some cards early on when they were still expensive but didn't and lost about $2 that way. *shrug* Still made well over a tenner. Got a number of cheap games through card money (usually when I got the coupon for them through crafting a badge). Level 24 right now but don't see 30 happening anytime soon. The real thing is getting lucky and getting some foil cards out of boosters. Those sell for a lot. Never got lucky myself. Only get boosters that aren't really worth selling and if I open them I get the same crappy card three times :p

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I got a Bioshock Infinite foil card, since I pre-ordered I was the first to sell it on the market, only sold it for $4-5, the other 4 foils I've gotten I sold for $.25-$1.20. Being early and having an expensive game (Steam sales and HumbleBundles kill card value) are key, some collectors will pay a lot instead of waiting and it can take a while for foils to show up for a new game.

Snow Globe cards started just under $.6 each, then dropped to $.5 in an hour, then $.2 in a day, then $.1 in a week. When I levelled 10 times, I created 40 Snow Globe cards, sold them within an hour of the sale, I imagine others were doing the same but not all had the free time at the start of the sale. By 24-36 hours I think a lot of people would get snow globe cards from voting 3 times in community choice, halving the value of the cards.

Incredibly lucky to get a foil in the beta. Foils in the beta were much rarer due to the lack of opportunity to create cards (less people, less games), lack of boosters (less time). Normal cards were also more expensive. I don't understand who was buying foils for $20 or why, unless it was Valve. You'd have to be a very committed beta tester to drops hundreds of dollars to craft foil badges.

I don't know how many cards I've sold, but I've gotten 3 free games out of the deal and have about a buck and a half sitting in my Steam Wallet (I've never transferred a single penny of my own real money into my Steam Wallet).  I don't know who all these people buying these cards are, but I'm thankful for them.  The most I ever got for any single card was about $0.65.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

After they switched over to trading cards, I have pretty much sold everything I came across usually for $.15-$.20 a piece and just used that to buy games. What I get frustrated with is that there are a lot if games I've already played, beaten, and don't care to go back to that now have cards that would be potential income. Not a lot but it does add up. So then I usually run them in the background while I do other work. I have no interest in creating badges and upping my steam level. As others have expressed, I wish they would tie your level more towards other results of gaming.

So, I have these two Crusader Kings II 50% off coupons... but I own the game.

So... up for grabs to [soDOFF]

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.