What you did today

Rosbjerg

It's gotten quite a bit worse, at least that's my observation after practically all of my favorite free programs now come with a softsonic rootkit that will ressurect itself automatically unless you go through 6 or 5 steps and reboot a bunch of times. 

As I mentioned to Raithe use MSCONFIG and disable it

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Management training course. Had the unique honour of being told off for completing the days course in the first half hour, along with everybody else I just looked at our tutor while he objected to anybody exercising hard work and initiative. Finally snapped and walked out, changed the firms training contract provider this afternoon. I don't believe these gentlemen have ever worked in a real business, where timelines exist.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

To add further joys, I've been told it's Windows 8 on some Dell laptop. I foresee fun to be had...,

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Back when women frequented my dwelling one of them left some bloody useful tweezers in the bathroom.

You need tweezers, the kind with the bend at the end.

Failing that, soften whatever it is with warm water.

I tried tweezers though I only managed to remove a piece of my gum with them which made me bleed like a stabbed pig. Now its gone, I think the acid in my saliva did the trick. Thanks for the tips though!

I just realised that Project Eternity should be coming out next year! I'd been deliberately not thinking about it, and now I have to calm down.

You sir are a bloody optimist if I ever saw one! An ~8760-hour-wait doesn't get me into an ecstatic mood, in fact it makes me think about all the horrible things that could happen in those hundreds of days, preventing me from enjoying this game.

Like insta-blindness or...or brain tumors, Alzheimer's disease, petrification, chestbursters! :aiee:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

It's gotten quite a bit worse, at least that's my observation after practically all of my favorite free programs now come with a softsonic rootkit that will ressurect itself automatically unless you go through 6 or 5 steps and reboot a bunch of times. 

As I mentioned to Raithe use MSCONFIG and disable it

I wouldn't use MSconfig or Services.MSC to cure a rootkit. That's like a bandaid on a missing limb. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Worked out, I fed two stray dogs that hang around my backyard. They have been consistently coming for at least two weeks and I have taken it upon myself to keep them fed, I'm now looking to see if any of the lost dogs description match any of the two.

Oh and its also my birthday so yay, I guess.

• Like 4
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Interesting day, the other guy got disbarred. (Or kicked out and refused permission to represent in that particular case, with the note that further disciplinary action is to be expected).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Worked out, I fed two stray dogs that hang around my backyard. They have been consistently coming for at least two weeks and I have taken it upon myself to keep them fed, I'm now looking to see if any of the lost dogs description match any of the two.

Happy Birthday!!!!

And they keep coming back because you keep feeding them.

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday!!!!

And they keep coming back because you keep feeding them.

Thanks 

And what the hell you want me to do? Just let them starve?

Anyways I haven't seen any posting for the dogs, I will try taking some pictures and making some post to see if someone lost them.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Got an email from Hasbro, Boba Fett is on his way. The same day, they revealed the upcoming Wave 3 of the Star Wars Black Series 6" characters, and it includes a stonking beautiful Stormtrooper, who will likely become as unobtainable as Fett. Pre-order for this figure sold out in minutes. I missed it. Will keep trying.

HAS23411_zps77a22574.jpg

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Happy B-day :dancing:

A b-day is a celebration of life, what are you planning on doing?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just did some sculpting and that's about it. Maybe tomorrow I will celebrate life by getting drunk until the brink of death, heaven knows it will make Turkey day easier.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

I just did some sculpting and that's about it. Maybe tomorrow I will celebrate life by getting drunk until the brink of death, heaven knows it will make Turkey day easier.

I find that a birthday celebration and drinking alcohol are synonymous with each so that makes perfect sense :)

John Milton 

Happy Birthday..  Celebrate that growth into...adulthood and the continuing milestones that societal pressure says you should have reached by now that you've never bothered with..

:shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Belated congratulations Orogun!

DeathAbacus.gif

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Woops, filled in my petitum / curriculum wrong and now the administration wants me to redo ALL of my applications for next year for some reason... I got a deadline until the 2nd Dec. to get it fixed and I have to go to jutland for the weekend. So that leaves tomorrow. Hope I can get it done there... :geek:

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't understand why, but suddenly I can't move for recruiters! There's bloody agencies offering me interviews all over the place! :)

Life is weird.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Pff a new thread and 10 pages behind?

I announced the closure of my facebook account today. I will be closing it on January first. I'm done having an abusive codependent relationship with that privacy invading, data selling, narcissism inducing time vampire of a site. I never liked it in the first place. I was on there to keep in touch with people I met on a forum, and since I'm not really in touch with them anyway, goodbye.

Anyone got a good alternative for Youtube? Because I'm pretty much done with that parasite of a site as well.

• Like 4

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I announced the closure of my facebook account today. I will be closing it on January first. I'm done having an abusive codependent relationship with that privacy invading, data selling, narcissism inducing time vampire of a site. I never liked it in the first place. I was on there to keep in touch with people I met on a forum, and since I'm not really in touch with them anyway, goodbye.

Anyone got a good alternative for Youtube? Because I'm pretty much done with that parasite of a site as well.

How is Youtube a parasite?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was banned from Facebook years ago and I've never bothered to join again. My company has asked not us to join Facebook anyway due to embarrassing incidents in the past from people making stupid comments. You'll see its no real loss, the only really convenient thing about Facebook is the exchanging of photos with overseas friends and family :)

• Like 2

John Milton 

I'm damn annoyed by all the commercials on just about every Youtube video, get's annoying and it's a big reason why I stopped watching TV.

I'm glad that I never got on the facebook idea, and never had to worry about it. Kind of annoyed that facebook and twitter seemingly has killed some forums I used to attend though.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken