What part of P:E has you the most excited for it's release?

Naked Cadegund.

Serioisly: fantastic writing, combat, and exploration.

The fanboy butthurt should be funny as well.

• Like 7

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Two 'big big cities' and a stronghold are things I'm very much looking forward too. I love big cities in rpgs and think they're not done nearly often enough. The just offer such a wide range of things you can do with them. You can build and destroy, you can have intrigue (not much intrigue in the wilderness, now is there?) You can have fun with different styles in different city districts. From slums and sewers and caves to market bazaars, high domed temples and elaborate city parks and gardens. From guard stations to barracks to the wealthier districts.

And a large concentration of people is a rich breeding ground for conflict, centralisation of power (factions, factions and even more factions)a\ and a ton of **** more.

Cities are just very rich source material for adventure.

• Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Two 'big big cities' and a stronghold are things I'm very much looking forward too. I love big cities in rpgs and think they're not done nearly often enough. The just offer such a wide range of things you can do with them. You can build and destroy, you can have intrigue (not much intrigue in the wilderness, now is there?) You can have fun with different styles in different city districts. From slums and sewers and caves to market bazaars, high domed temples and elaborate city parks and gardens. From guard stations to barracks to the wealthier districts.

And a large concentration of people is a rich breeding ground for conflict, centralisation of power (factions, factions and even more factions)a\ and a ton of **** more.

Cities are just very rich source material for adventure.

I read the recent dev blog on the Stronghold and that really, REALLY sounds exciting to me as well.

Gameplay. It was promise of IE style of gameplay that made me to gave it gazzillion (several hundred) dollars , so that is part that I am most excited to see. Although I also am quite excited to see what kind world, characters and story they will make.

• Like 1

I'm hoping for well written characters that I'll love and fun single-player party oriented combat. The latter of which seems to be missing most of the time these days, with all the focus on fps and MMO single-chr type stuff.

That and the feathered hats.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Exploring a brand new ip is always enjoyable for me, so I'm looking forward to seeing what Obsidian can do when creating their very own fantasy world.

I believe Obsidian will create a rich and interesting new world for their PE universe, and despite the fact that they're sticking to a very traditional and safe "toolset" when creating the world so as to appeal to those who loved BG2, there are things that I've read in the updates that make me very eager to see how they will implement and utilize them.
An aspect of the world that I'm greatly interested in is the cultures, which have been some of the most consistently compelling points of the updates.

Really looking forward to the stronghold. The Strongold update really got me the most eager I've been for the game since the Kickstarter.

The Orlan and Aumaua are quite appealing and I look forward to learning more about them. I was initially disappointed with them after hearing that the stretch-goal races were going to be "weird" races but finding out that they were the equivalent a hairy hobbit and a half-orc respectively. I was expecting a bit more weird in my weird races.

The Orlan and the Aumaua have since grown on me after I learned more about them, and I now quite like them. Aside from the Wood Elves and the Mountain Dwarves I'm quite happy with PE's selection of playable races.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is the reactivity that we've heard a bit about.

It'll be great to have companions and NPCs treat you with different attitudes depending on your race/culture.
Also, since the game won't be fully voiced or cinematic I'm wondering how much that will allow them to experiment with choices and consequences. The games' small budget will still have to be taken into account of course.

I'm still a bit irritated that they fell back onto elves as a race though, but I'll get over it.

Mostly.

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

i actually dont like big cities in rpg's... there's a ton of stuff to do, all packed in a small area, making me lose my desire to proceed. the same amount of stuff or more, if scattered around the wilderness does not bother me.

in the first BG for instance, i went around the entire sword coast, explored every nook and cranny of all maps, killed as many enemies as i could find and i had fun doing all that, despite the time it took. but as soon as i got in the city and i got bombarded with quests, i lost interest in the game and took quite a bit of effort to keep playing 

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Story+Companions (its rare to find good story's) & Gameplay (the last thing that was similar to BG2 was DA1, so looong ago! :( ).

Playing a bad-ass elf wizard is 3rd (yeah, suffer the elven power GhoulishVisage!) and 4th, the keep, the update about it really increased my expectations about it.

New Obsidian game, what's not to be excited about?

• Like 4

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

i actually dont like big cities in rpg's... there's a ton of stuff to do, all packed in a small area, making me lose my desire to proceed. the same amount of stuff or more, if scattered around the wilderness does not bother me.

in the first BG for instance, i went around the entire sword coast, explored every nook and cranny of all maps, killed as many enemies as i could find and i had fun doing all that, despite the time it took. but as soon as i got in the city and i got bombarded with quests, i lost interest in the game and took quite a bit of effort to keep playing 

I'm more inclined to feel this way as well.  Huge, dense cities full of quests and the like just feel cramped and overwhelming.  And when you're in the same place doing the same things, seeing the same places...  There's very little feeling of progress.

I'm more inclined to feel this way as well.  Huge, dense cities full of quests and the like just feel cramped and overwhelming.  And when you're in the same place doing the same things, seeing the same places...  There's very little feeling of progress.

I think that might be because most of the progress is typically occurring within your characters' stat sheets/inventory screen. That and there's often not very good pacing of the quests in the city. In regard to quests and progress through the narrative, it feels like the exact same quest-hug environment the whole time.

It'd be great if consequences of choices and actions largely impacted the city itself. Buildings burn down/get destroyed, different people/factions take ownership of different areas and build new things as you go. Shops close and change into other shops, etc. A poor housing district gets torn down to build a convenient highway, or a noble's new estate, etc.

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

The specifics are less important to me than who is making it and under what circumstances.

The people making it have turned out a lot of great stories, settings and characters in their RPGs. The circumstances are that they are now beholden to no one...not LucasArts, not Bethesda, not anyone...except for the people who pledged their money.

I'm just excited to see what this group can do with that. 

• Like 6

Double clicking on the icon to launch the game - I bet I get goosebumps.

Also Character Creation,

also setting out on a new journey,

also finishing the first quest,

also purchasing my first weapon,

also getting into the first combat,

also .... ok, all of it.

As above, I think just the idea of exploring a whole new world is the biggest point of anticipation

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

First person aardvarks.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

All of it! It's the latest Obsidian game, and without artistic limitation from publishers and political correctness.

Now, I don't say Obsidian should allow us to eat a baby's sphincter in PE, but leaving those two behind should give them a lot of room to experiment and deliver the story they always want to tell.
It's already funded after all :)

• Like 1

I'm really interested and excited in just playing a rich RPG. I'm excited because the story is a complete unknown right now, all the classes sound cool, and I'm looking forward to a game that is visually pleasing but not in the 3D sense we've all been used to, haven't played a good isometic party RPG in way too long.