What part of P:E has you the most excited for it's release?

• An interesting and well written story with memorable companions and npcs.
  • A world that I will want to explore and lose myself in.
  • Great combat and soundtrack are bonuses.
  • Related to the first point, different ways to complete objectives and choice and consequence that matters. 

The team has worked on enough games that I would place among my all time favorite games, that I believe they'll deliver on most points.

• Like 2

Complex levelling system (Relative to recent games)

An adventure on a scale that only a lack of voice acting can deliver.

Party based tactics (This above all else)

The home castle system mentioned (Possibly)

The party interaction

It's an obsidian RPG

The little we know about "Watchers" sorta-kinda remind me of the Geists of nWoD. Since Geist was kind of a spiritual successor to Wraith, the Planescape of oWoD lines... well. Needless to say, I'm eager to see more.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I didn't really think about it at first when PE was released, but at the moment the prospect of getting... well, just a really huge game ala BG2 seems wonderful. If they manage to capture the sense of adventure and "place", the massive feel of something like Athkatla then that will be wonderful. Though I think a part of that is really down to the nostalgia as well. I know I tend to "pick games apart" a bit more nowadays, whereas diving into something like Fallout for the first time was with completely blue eyes so to speak.

Other than that, I'm hoping for a lot of reactivity and choices. I guess my main fear is that it will feel *too* combat-heavy for my taste (yes, I know it was part of the original pitch to have a focus on combat). I love tough encounters but I hope it won't feel like a slog at times.

Plus, I'm really interested to see what non-IE things they will put in the game. Like the scripted encounters with the art background that's more reminiscant of Darklands. I'm looking forward to seeing them mix in some other things as well.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm looking forward to the whole game right up to when I have to create my character, at which point I will then enter angst mode and wail about having to choose between things and collapse in a indecisive heap.

I usually create a character, play for an hour or two, go back and create a new character, play for an hour or two, create a new character, play for an hour or two, rinse, repeat until I get the best feeling character. Then I'll usually have a hard time resisting creating a similar character when replaying the game after finishing when I'm supposed to try a totally different build.

Edited by AGX-17

I'm looking forward to the whole game right up to when I have to create my character, at which point I will then enter angst mode and wail about having to choose between things and collapse in a indecisive heap.

I usually make it through character creation only to replay the opening hours several times trying to figure out which class to choose.

The dangers of choice ;).

I'm most looking forward to having another isometric RPG where one can completely create one's character (in sharp contrast to many recent games). Story, atmosphere, gameplay, world, and all of that are all also important and interesting to me, but I don't have any particularly set expectations about them. I look forward to them also, but in a more nebulous sort of way. It could still turn out that I don't particularly look forward to some element of any of that; hard to say.

The huge dungeon is another thing I'm specifically looking forward to. I always like those.

knightofchaoss.jpg

I'm excited about wizards, It is my beloved class. I'm really waiting for complex spells which will offer diversity in fight, not only blow up everything and cast magic missals. I'm interested in Obsidian approach to magic in combat.

And I'm really want to play in good old school RPG with beautiful sights and interesting plot.

• Like 1

^ Seconded on the Wizards and magic bit. Just the few "new" approached to Wizards I know of (how familiars can utilize auras of sorts and/or act as the aiming source of spells, for example) have gotten me a bit giddy.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u