Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

At least they say that they are developing different UI for PC that uses PCs strengths instead of trying to bend one UI to work both PC and consoles. Which gives me some hope that PC ui will not be as gruesome as DA2's ui is.

What the main platform is has **** all to do with how far the camera pulls on pc.

Oh and what is your opinion on why game was suddenly shifted to 3rd person in DA2?

DA:O was a third-person game.

• Like 1

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

But you could zoom out to an isometric view instead of being forced to deal with an over-the-shoulder view in DAO IIRC. Someone who has recently played DAO should verify this.

EDIT: The panel is supposed to be today right? Will Gaider wear a propeller hat? Can I romance a broodmother? Will Arcane Warriors be back and can Mages use swords?

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The reason why they might not implement zoom-out is because it would be a PC-only feature. Why would it be a PC-only feature? Because render distance. Crappy consoles can't render things beyond a set field of view. Zooming out would introduce lots of potential QA work and optimization for the console releases.

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

The reason why they might not implement zoom-out is because it would be a PC-only feature. Why would it be a PC-only feature? Because render distance. Crappy consoles can't render things beyond a set field of view. Zooming out would introduce lots of potential QA work and optimization for the console releases.

Then **** consoles.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

But you could zoom out to an isometric view instead of being forced to deal with an over-the-shoulder view in DAO IIRC. Someone who has recently played DAO should verify this.

Correct. Only in the PC version though. Also, the camera in the zoomed out view wasn't locked on a particular character. I think it wasn't at least, but even if it was you could zoom out long enough for it not to be noticeable.

• Like 1

I just watched a few gameplay videos on youtube (haven't played DA:O in a long time :p) and yeah I guess it had third person, but you could zoom out to tactical view and click with the mouse where you wanted your character to move. So in essence it still had that point and click feeling. where as in DA2 that is completely gone.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

You need the zoom out view to aim AOEs. In DA2, you basically cannot use radial AOE attacks correctly unless you're on a stairwell. Consoles don't have this problem because joysticks have "depth" unlike a mouse.

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

"In DA2, you basically cannot use radial AOE attacks correctly"

Wrong. It's very easy to use them correctly unless your IQ is very low.

I've already explained this and if you want, you can watch my ****ty 2 hour video which has footage of what I'm talking about in it. I could not aim my AOE at the Arishok because of no camera zoom. If you're going to troll at least don't be an **** about it.

Edited by anubite

I just watched a few gameplay videos on youtube (haven't played DA:O in a long time :p) and yeah I guess it had third person, but you could zoom out to tactical view and click with the mouse where you wanted your character to move. So in essence it still had that point and click feeling. where as in DA2 that is completely gone.

DA2 was definitively optimized for consoles so its no surprise that they have gone with more of an action route with DA3, not necessarily a bad thing but it's not for everyone.

Unfortunately with hybrid games that have no real leaning for one genre but rather try to put too much of both, they end up with mechanics that feel more like a gimmick. Such as scanning planets in ME2 became a replacement for exploration. They need to figure out what the core mechanics are and scrap the rest instead of putting a half arsed effort towards something that plays out like a mini game.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"I've already explained this and if you want, you can watch my ****ty 2 hour video which has footage of what I'm talking about in it. I could not aim my AOE at the Arishok because of no camera zoom. If you're going to troll at least don't be an **** about it."

I'm not watching your video so no need to pimp it out to me. You are still wrong, however, as I had no issue targeting AOEs in DA2. Nice try in trying to spread misinformation.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

They solved that problem in DA:O, by limiting the distance to which you could pan the camera. Basically, the selected character had to be in the screen.

Correct. Only in the PC version though. Also, the camera in the zoomed out view wasn't locked on a particular character. I think it wasn't at least, but even if it was you could zoom out long enough for it not to be noticeable.

I'm pretty sure it did keep a lock on the active character, even when pulled all the way back. I have a playthrough of dao active, but am currently elsewhere.

Still, whatever is the lead platform won't be the deciding factor in what features they implement on the pc. Dao on consoles was WAY worse than da2 on pc.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So alanshu, what happened at PAX today?

I'm pretty sure it did keep a lock on the active character, even when pulled all the way back. I have a playthrough of dao active, but am currently elsewhere.

Still, whatever is the lead platform won't be the deciding factor in what features they implement on the pc. Dao on consoles was WAY worse than da2 on pc.

Would you say a big part of that is because it is easier to go console to PC than PC to console?

"I've already explained this and if you want, you can watch my ****ty 2 hour video which has footage of what I'm talking about in it. I could not aim my AOE at the Arishok because of no camera zoom. If you're going to troll at least don't be an **** about it."

I'm not watching your video so no need to pimp it out to me. You are still wrong, however, as I had no issue targeting AOEs in DA2. Nice try in trying to spread misinformation.

Gonna have to agree with Volourn. I had no issues, and I was able to zoom out. Wasn't top down, but good enough.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You could move the camera.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

If memory serves, I abused storm of the century by having it cast from so far away the enemies couldn't see my party. They'd just sort of stand there and die.

I look forward to doing the same thing in DA:I. They've announced at PAX that.

• There will be 'isometric' camera
  • Qunari will be a PC race.
This is a horrible picture, but if you squint, you can see that the camera is pulled back.

BTBjQLZCUAEXASK.jpg

Edited by Maria Caliban
  • Like 4

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Looks to me like they're either all standing around a campfire which is emitting bloom like a small nuke, amongst some standing stones, so possibly the new 'hippie' class using their kumbaya special ability; or the fire ability shown at right is being used on some unfortunate enemy at near right.

Three companions? For some reason I thought they'd said only 2 active companions like in ME, but that and the RPS article clearly shows three. Good if so.

• Like 1

NKKKK,

You can play as a large, grey skinned fellow with horns.

Zoraper,

PC + 3. Just like DA:O and DA 2.

Shady Sands,

Here’s a better image. The three shapes with yellow rings are companions. The shapes with red rings are enemies. The blue in the middle is an ice wall the mage has placed down to keep the melee attackers from getting to her.

BTBkTYhCAAEI4bR.jpg

Edited by Maria Caliban

Looks interesting. Now all that I need to know is: 1. Can Mages use weapons besides staves? If so, is Arcane Warrior back as a specialization?

2. Do Warriors have access to Dual-Wielding and Ranged Weapons?

3. Do Rogues have a sneak attack like ability?