Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Shamelessly copied from MC's intro post of previous thread:

dragon-age-inquisitiongeneraljpg-30bee4_

Official Website

A cataclysmic event has plunged the land of Thedas into turmoil. Dragons now darken the sky, casting a shadow of terror over a once-peaceful kingdom. Mages have broken into an all-out war against the oppressive Templars. Nations rise against one another. It falls to you to restore order as you lead the Inquisition and hunt down the agents of chaos - your choices will forever change the Dragon Age.

The Fire's Above - trailer.

From IGN:

As the Chantry’s oppression of the mages comes to a head in the opening of Inquisition, a Fade tear splits the sky, leading dragons and other monsters into the fray, “and that kicks off the events." Following that, nations plunge into war, and “the decision is made to bring back an inquisition to find out what’s going on and stop this,” Flynn explains.

Release Date: Fall 2014

Supported: PS3, PS 4, XBox 360, XBox One, PC

Engine: DICE's Frostbyte

-----------------------------

Why Dragon Age: Inquisition isn't Called DA 3 - article

Open-World Re-Imagining - video interview

First Look: DA:I Concept Art - blog

DAI Wallpapers

A Look Inside Dragon Age: Inquisition's Development

Dragon Age: Inquisition Coverage Trailer - Game Informer

---

So, speculation time. That Dragon we keep seeing is actually an Old God.

As good a place as any to kick off a new thread I think.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"I would definitely say that most of the love the BG series gets is from BG2."

No. You would definitely be wrong. BG2 only exists because of how beloved BG1 was. Don't lie and try to pass it off as fact,

"So, speculation time. That Dragon we keep seeing is actually an Old God."

Mayyyyyyybeeeeeeeeeeee...........

P.S. the trailer is good. At least, one of the best if not best dwarf npc ever is returning. And, no, that is not Oghren. THANK THE OLD GOD PARAGONS.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No. You would definitely be wrong. BG2 only exists because of how beloved BG1 was. Don't lie and try to pass it off as fact,

Obviously BG2's existence wouldn't occur without BG1, but BG2 is still considered by some to be BioWare's best game, and when compared to BG1 I would definitely bet money that BG2 is more highly regarded than the first.  This doesn't mean BG1 isn't a good game, or well liked.  I think BG2 is just, for the most part, a better game.

EDIT: In any case, this thread isn't really for Baldur's Gate or even PST, so I'll be ducking out of that tangent now.

Edited by alanschu
  • Like 2

Will we hear again from that freak we unleashed in Awakenings?

I think yes, since DAI will have a lot to do with the Fade, maybe we'll get the chance to explore the Golden City?

Hope they don't use cheap shots like "The Maker is eeeeeeeevil" or something.

BG2 capitalized BG1's success just as Fallout 2 advanced Fallout 1 ideas. Something in which DA2 failed miserably. Dragon Age; Origins was a great game, yet not without flaws. The problem is - now BioWare tries to fix what is already broken - DA2. Unable to return to DA:O, they attempt to shape DA2's features into something less retarded. And it's like building upon a rotten foundation. moving release a year back could make DA:I less degenerade, but I remember how Mass Effect 3 have been moved just like that and ended up in a pile of **** anyway.

MzpydUh.gif

I think yes, since DAI will have a lot to do with the Fade, maybe we'll get the chance to explore the Golden City?

I dunno, I think it would be interesting to see a game world with a monotheistic religion take on something like the problem of evil. They don't have to make the Maker evil, just have them not be good in the traditional sense

Free games updated 3/4/21

I dunno, I think it would be interesting to see a game world with a monotheistic religion take on something like the problem of evil. They don't have to make the Maker evil, just have them not be good in the traditional sense

I get the sense that most deep themes have already been touched upon in games, nowadays I prefer interactivity or an author's perspective rather than trying to present a theme from all angles.

The Maker hasn't been central to any of the games yet, I'm kind of against demystifying especially  something that hasn't given the proper treatment. The Fade hasn't been explained either, I'm just hoping they steer away from the lazy "usual suspects" explanations. Such as the collective unconscious or something like that.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The Chantry doesn't have the Problem of Evil because while the Maker is good, he doesn't have perfect knowledge. He created his first children - spirits - and expected them to be creative. When they just copied what he'd done, he was surprised and upset. He created his second children - mortals - and imbued them with a creative spark. When they created pride, desire, greed, rage, etc, he was surprised and upset.

As time goes by, his children continue to piss him off. Then they kill Andreste and he leaves for good.

The whole point of the Chantry is that if they can convert the entire world and sing to the Maker, he'll return.

• Like 3

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Maria, have you ever considered a career as a loremaster? You'd be good at it :)

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So for laughs I watched that DA anime....The option to not have Cassandra around would be an incline IMO. Must admit though, I'm not a fan of anime in general.

Some questions still need answers for me:

Is gameplay and story again separate?

Is there any decent branching in story, or is it linear?

Is it the players character, or are we directing bioware's character?

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I'd be very surprised if the Maker had anything to do with the Black City, or even existed in the setting at all.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

$10 says the Maker turns out to be a superdemon or a stripper.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Why not both?

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I think The Maker's got a sick sense of humour

And when I die I expect to find Him laughing

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Why not both?

Why not throw in "deadbeat dad" for laughs?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

...nuthin' funny 'bout Deadbeat Dads...makes the rest o' us Dads look like arsehats, gives all Dads a bad name...at least Superdemons & Strippers has uses... :p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

...nuthin' funny 'bout Deadbeat Dads...makes the rest o' us Dads look like arsehats, gives all Dads a bad name...at least Superdemons & Strippers has uses... :p

this reasoning is problematic. am not a psychiatrist, but the link 'tween girls becoming strippers here in the US and their having daddy "issues" is well documented. am suspecting that the elimination o' deadbeat dads would significant impact sargy's potential pool o' stripper candidates. poses something o' a moral conundrum for sargy? what to do?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

...hehehe...ah, Klown, how I's missed ya...nice try, lad...keep baitin' these kiddies, though, long as it makes ya feel good...hehehe...

...oh, an' ta keep on topic, DA:I companions must be better than DA companion predecessors... ;)

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

"New Jade Empire".

Didn't like the first myself.

I'd love some more Jade Empire - particularly if they address some of the flaws of the original. But I really liked the original despite those flaws.

EDIT: They should have shot somewhere other than they did. The lady(?) in the back yawning during their interview was distracting. :p

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man