Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

It is becoming more and more common for me to read a thread and find that Volourn is the only one making any sense.  As this steamer makes its way down the river of Obsidian, I feel I already know what Volourn's last post will be.  The horror! The horror!

• Like 1

the biggest problem with the DA series is DAO, because that game feels more like an rpg, when bioware wants it to be an action series, with lots of talking.  like mass effect.

DAO keeps confusing people, lending them to believe that bioware might make part 3 or 5 into an rpg and that DA2 was a misstep when it was DAO that was the "misstep" all along

edit: and lest anyone think im being snarky and criticizing bioware for making an action game, im not.  i love action games.

Edited by entrerix
  • Like 2

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Guest Slinky

It is becoming more and more common for me to read a thread and find that Volourn is the only one making any sense.  As this steamer makes its way down the river of Obsidian, I feel I already know what Volourn's last post will be.  The horror! The horror!

You are also getting some weird psychic powers on top of that maddness you are getting, I'm currently watching Apocalypse Now :p

i remember when, I can't remember which, but some big rpg came out a few years ago, and volourn was the only person in the thread about it that was making any sense (ie: the only person with whom i agreed).

weird day.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I believe that agreeing with Volo is sort of like wanting to have sex with your ex. You know it's crazy and that they're insane, but sometimes it just happens.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 10

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

vol is as wacky as a bag full o' wet cats, but being impervious to reason does not mean a person is incorrect. vol as "only one making any sense"? HA! that is ridiculous. still, we concede that he ain't necessarily wrong just 'cause he is embracing an alternate reality that none o' the rest o' us will ever experience... thankfully.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

i dunno, you maybe should enjoy the love fest while it lasts :dancing:

Edited by entrerix
  • Like 3

This is the DA3, guys, not the suck on Volourn's you know what thread. That is what Off Topic forum is for.

Don't worry, I think you're misguided and wrong half of the time.

only half?

i dunno, you maybe should enjoy the love fest while it lasts :dancing:

He is totally being tsundere

and on a side note i'm going to kill myself for using that word, maybe I'll repost this on the Last Words Workshop thread.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

He is totally being tsundere

tumblr_lsm0y7PCK01r2zr7fo1_500.jpg

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Just popping in and doing my "raise-awareness-duty":

BioWare, if you're reading this thread from time to time just checking up on this:

- Insert Top-Down Camera (with screen panning).

Why? Because it's smoothly smexy. Come on. I know you want it (well I do and I believe many others want it too).

Why? Because having a Top-Down Camera (with screen panning) makes it feel like I am controlling a Special Medieval Ops Unit of Great Warriors and Wizards to deal with my enemies during my adventures in your world.

3rd Person Locked Camera = Feels like I am controlling a single Special Ops Character with some side-kick heroes that are insignificant in combat (Mass Effect-mentality).

Top-Down Camera (w/ Screen Panning) also makes the game get this RTS (Real-Time Strategy) perspective to it. Whilst 3rd Person Locked Camera gives more of a RTA (Real-Time Action) perspective to it. See the difference? If not, one says Strategy, the other says Action.

Strategy is what made me love Dragon Age: Origins and finish it and even buy it several times (Once on PC and once on PS3). I've also started new games and played Dragon Age: Origins several times and made several different characters.

Dragon Age 2? Bah! I've started ONE serious run but I stopped playing just as I finished Act 1 (to be honest, I got bored, but I was very engaged up until Act 2 started).

I'm hardly a big demographic, I'm a vocal minority I am sure. But I still believe that you would make more money if you allow the Player to zoom out more than you can in Dragon Age 2.

/"Raise-Awareness-Duty" End

P.S. I'll be back to fight the good fight later in this thread or next section. I'll keep advocating for this because I see no "cons" with having this Option for the Player to choose their preferred perspective in the game.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

They won't do this, because the main platform has shifted to consoles. The top down camera is great for mouse and keyboard, but the third person is great for a controller. I don't know how feasible it is to put it in as an option, because I don't know if they fully animate the environment or just do it so it looks good from third person.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

They won't do this, because the main platform has shifted to consoles. The top down camera is great for mouse and keyboard, but the third person is great for a controller. I don't know how feasible it is to put it in as an option, because I don't know if they fully animate the environment or just do it so it looks good from third person.

The problem isn't even the camera but the way controls work.

Using a pointer to set way-points maybe a basic in strategy but doesn't fit action games at all.

• Like 1

What the main platform is has **** all to do with how far the camera pulls on pc.

You'd be surprised at what follows from what. And while I'm wary to be overly speculative about what can and can not be done, I'll just say that even at the most optimistic, giving unique features to the PC is an extra cost they may not desire to incur.
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What the main platform is has **** all to do with how far the camera pulls on pc.

Oh and what is your opinion on why game was suddenly shifted to 3rd person in DA2?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

It was clearly a cost saving measure. Yes, it was due to it being more console oriented, but that game cut corners in so many places.

The hope here is that even though DA3 is developed primarily for consoles, they still give it a budget that will allow some PC specific features to make it in. A slim hope maybe, but it's what we've got.

• Like 2

Well they've said something similar to "tailored PC experience", so who knows. I would assume that Bioware is aware of the fact that PC players generally have different wants than console players and do want to please them to make more money.

• Like 1