What you did today

Rosbjerg

Spoke to doc about migraines. Need to try and lower my blood-pressure/stress. Am also going to experimentally give up cheese and reduce my wheat consumption.

Took long walk in the sunshine as immediate action. Most effective, I felt.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today has been amateur DBA day. Yesterday was amateur networking day and I can't wait to see what I'll need to fix tomorrow, amateur coding day perhaps...

I'm not sure why I'm fixing all the SQL stuff especially since we have so many DBA's they've started to form into roving packs

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Today has been amateur DBA day. Yesterday was amateur networking day and I can't wait to see what I'll need to fix tomorrow, amateur coding day perhaps...

I'm not sure why I'm fixing all the SQL stuff especially since we have so many DBA's they've started to form into roving packs

Sounds like here. Our IT is in the US and is ineffectual.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Spoke to doc about migraines. Need to try and lower my blood-pressure/stress. Am also going to experimentally give up cheese and reduce my wheat consumption.

Took long walk in the sunshine as immediate action. Most effective, I felt.

The most effective and fastest way to lower your blood pressure permanently is regular rigorous cardio and weight lifting because the human body was designed for that kind of activities. Physical inactivity will sooner or later result in system damage, comparable to cars that never get driven much. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Can't find one like that one, online. Closest are kid animal toy shaped deco pillos. *shakes fists*

Try two firm-ish regular sized pillows in an oversized pillow case. I, too, am a side sleeper and that's what I've found works well for a sound sleep.

And I'm sorry to hear about Mr. Grey. I just feed the ferals these days so that limits my emotional exposure, but having my dog put down back in 2003 was simply awful. They take a piece of you with them when they pass.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Bought a new monoblock scope mount for my precision rifle, with a  20 MOA angle for looooong ranges. With 280 bucks sadly very expensive, but a rock solid mount is a must if you want accuracy. 

monoblock2_1_1.jpg

Edited by Woldan

Trying to watch the Riddick movies in preperation for Riddick tomorrow. Getting pretty good reviews so far.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Trying to watch the Riddick movies in preperation for Riddick tomorrow. Getting pretty good reviews so far.

It looks fantastic, but I'm a bit confused about the placement of the movie in the Riddick universe.  Does this one happen before the events of Chronicles?  

It looks fantastic, but I'm a bit confused about the placement of the movie in the Riddick universe.  Does this one happen before the events of Chronicles?

It happens after Chronicles. There's even a motion comic prequel, about 5 minutes long, doubles as a trailer.

The writer/director says he wants to do another "epic" like Chronicles next.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I liked (but not quite loved) Pitch Black a lot. I hated Chronicles of Riddick. The ads for the new Riddick make it seem more like the first, so my curiosity is slightly aroused. As per usual tho, I'll wait for VoD.

...so few films get me to the theater anymore, even films I know I'd probably like. Being in my living room/being able to pause without missing anything trumps giant screen.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Had a rather terrible night. Lots of weird dreams I kept waking up from. So I'm staggering through the morning like a zombie in need of tea...

I actually kind of enjoyed Chronicles of Riddick. It was interesting that they approached it in a "we're doing a sequel, but we want to make it a sequel about the characters not just re-doing what we did for the first film and adding more gore."  Apparently Twohy and Deisel had a vision of three parts when they pitched Chronicles to the studios, but because it was being financed by a studio that had to tone down a lot of the R rated aspects. Now that Riddick is being independently financed, they've been able to push it back to R, but have to scale back some of the ideas they had for the budget.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I was just about to say that my 'back to the shop floor' s going really well, that I've gelled and am getting nearly up to the same speed and reliability as my colleagues. One fellah even had a rant against 'college types' then graciously excused me from the criticism as being "alright" :lol:

But have just realised I have two long burns on my arm I didn't even notice. So obviously not as swish as I thought. :)

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bought a new monoblock scope mount for my precision rifle, with a  20 MOA angle for looooong ranges. With 280 bucks sadly very expensive, but a rock solid mount is a must if you want accuracy. 

monoblock2_1_1.jpg

This looks like Lego Technic.

Now I wish LEGO was made of aluminum instead of plastic. That would be really cool. 

The last couple of weeks have been rough, as my son is going through a stage where he sleeps for about 2-3 hours and then is wide awake.  He is 3, and he will walk into our bedroom at 2 in the morning handing me a movie or asking for some milk.  When I say no and march him back to bed, he then screams for about 30 minutes or until I relent.  It is very frustrating.

Last night I grabbed him and cried "I need to sleep".  He looked at me, smiled, and then roared like a monster.  I almost had a nervous breakdown.  

At least I know it is just a stage.  His sister went through the same thing, and now she is just like her parents pleading with the kid to go to bed.

I dunno, something with 48fps projection, 4k resolution, dolby atmos, etc. trumps most home cinemas, but only for big event movies.

I used to care about those types of things, just like I used to care more about "awesome sound." I still do to a degree...I just care about comfort/convenience more. :lol:

...trying to watch the Evil Dead remake. It's prettier than the original, but so far (30 minutes in) I'm not impressed.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'd have locked him in the room. Probably better I am not a parent.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'd have locked him in the room. Probably better I am not a parent.

The hard part is my daughter shares the room.  I think tonight I may move my daughter into the bed with my wife, and I'll take the couch.  Then he can cry himself to sleep.  Bleh.

My wife is pretty weak on this stuff, she just wants me to play the movie :p

If it helps, Hurlshot, you standing your ground means he won't grow up expecting everything to revolve around him, have a string of increasingly chaotic adventures through puberty, then adulthood. Get into various get rich quick schemes, get married, divorced, married again, and then finally slink into alcoholism and lastly a charge of gross indecency in a public place.

-Elwood Blues

If it helps, Hurlshot, you standing your ground means he won't grow up expecting everything to revolve around him, have a string of increasingly chaotic adventures through puberty, then adulthood. Get into various get rich quick schemes, get married, divorced, married again, and then finally slink into alcoholism and lastly a charge of gross indecency in a public place.

That's not true, my parents did stand their ground!

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Or he could become this guy, who stole thousands from childrens' cancer charities.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23968707

-Elwood Blues

With the exceptions of marriage and schemes, that sounds an awful lot like me...

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Here's one for the hurt locker...I had an IRC friend who I spoke to for several years, soul mate stuff, towards the end when I started wanting to meet her it all fell apart quite horribly, I realised that I never had any proof that she was real.

Three years have gone by, I fired off a drunken email a month ago and we ended up chatting every few days, it was as if no time had passed and I thought "she" had changed for the better so I suggested we finally speak, she agreed but last night when I gave her my phone number she said I was pushing things and proceeded to fly off the handle, it's all gone to hell again and I'm equally bemused and broken  :blink:

Obviously it's looking like I'm dealing with a fraud or at least a very damaged person who hides behind the internet, I got over feeling like a fool years ago so I'm not ashamed to ask for comments on this hilariously wrongbrained situation.