What you did today

Rosbjerg

Another day at Initech. Our dear leader realizes that after 4 people leaving, that we do need people! I am glad that we have his strategic vision at the top to ensure our team can handle the workload. Also did find it funny that they give the other support guys written tests (a bit insulting, given their non-existent training).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thinking of quitting my job. Told my boss about my feelings and she wasn't happy about it. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

If it's a new thing, what triggered it? Shouldn't you be trying to fix that, rather than just running like a Frenchman?

It's been something that I can't do much about. Educated people want us to work in a certain way, I have no education and therefore my word equals crap. Told her how I felt today. From now on, I'll be working in my way. The thing is it won't be possible to do so in the long run because our work overlaps. This is serious business, working with kids to means that the grown ups need to show unity.

The British Army codifies the distinction between educated fools and uneducated professionals by putting stripes on the latter and acting as follows:

1. Express your concern clearly but respectfully

2. Indicate that you will follow the new instructions

3. Do the new instructions whenever anyone is watching

4. Continue as normal when no-one is watching

5. The fool will forget the whole thing in about 3 weeks

Ask Monte Carlo. He'll confirm this solves the issue.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

For the Americans.. Never ever send your 19-21 year old daughters to Europe to study.

That is all.

You dirty bastard.

Of course, sending your daughters anywhere to study will probably yield a similar result. I know that the amount of...fun with women, IYKWIM...increased exponentially when I went to college.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well there's that, but also the American girls here have, in less than 3 weeks, developed the sluttiest subculture I've ever seen. I went to a club yesterday, cause I have wednesdays off .. and I kid you not, 300+ exhange students just swarmed in, we were about 20 guys in there.. we did not stand a chance..

Fortune favors the bald.

I was (am) upset. I didn't tell her "I'm quitting". But I told her why I thought about it. I'm a person who doesn't like to fool around at work and I say what's on my mind. She was unhappy knowing why I wanted to quit, but not unhappy with me.

There was a guy who worked here that was unhappy for two whole years before he found a new job, I am not like that. These last 3-4 days, I haven't felt like I want to go to work. Never happened at this workplace before. Maybe quitting is very extreme, but something will be done. Maybe I'll take a week off. We'll see in an hour or so.

Is this all because you're not getting along with that other teacher? Stiffen that upper lip.
More than one person. I actually get along with the teacher I work with. I get along with everyone on a personal level, but it bothers me when stuff gets planned behind my back. They plan stuff I don't get any info about and then it clashes with what I do. I still have not gotten a schedule, hah!

I have asked for papers that I should have gotten 10 days ago. That's just a few of many things that is upsetting me.

Edit: Too late! Told the boss what I thought and she told me to do what I want.

Edited by Labadal

Today I was so tired in the office I fell asleep, sitting in my chair while writing a couple of boooring offers. Then when I woke up I succumbed to the sudden very random urge to sing ''Row row row your boat gently down the stream.....'' in my deepest bass voice, much to the surprise of my co-workers. 

Now I'm extremely moody, switching between angry and euphoric mode. 

Maybe I should get a CT of my brain or something, I just hope I didn't pop an important vessel in my head when I was doing 160Kg deadlifts yesterday. 

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Well there's that, but also the American girls here have, in less than 3 weeks, developed the sluttiest subculture I've ever seen. I went to a club yesterday, cause I have wednesdays off .. and I kid you not, 300+ exhange students just swarmed in, we were about 20 guys in there.. we did not stand a chance..

You should have built a redoubt out of mealie bags behind the pool table, and held out.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sure you had a chance, well unless all of them charged you with the intent to beat you up or something.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Today I was so tired in the office I fell asleep, sitting in my chair while writing a couple of boooring offers. Then when I woke up I succumbed to the sudden very random urge to sing ''Row row row your boat gently down the stream.....'' in my deepest bass voice, much to the surprise of my co-workers. 

Now I'm extremely moody, switching between angry and euphoric mode. 

Maybe I should get a CT of my brain or something, I just hope I didn't pop an important vessel in my head when I was doing 160Kg deadlifts yesterday. 

just checking: you aren't an advanced military cyborg are you? Because I heard they were having trouble with the AI software in the upgrades...

-Elwood Blues

In my experience, that describes the vast majority of college girls(almost all Americans in my case) I've encountered. The only thing that is worse is when they think that after (insert sexual act, from kissing to ...) you are dating them. I would advise enjoying the fun, but be prepared to run like hell the morning after or if you encounter them again.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I just spoke to some friends of mine that thought it to be about time to tell me that during midsummer, a friend of mine found that she had developed a tumor in her brain, wich had knocked out her ability to read English, recently actually survived her surgery and was going home soon.

I'm kind of really, really pissed off that noone told me about it when I ****ing asked where she was.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I just spoke to some friends of mine that thought it to be about time to tell me that during midsummer, a friend of mine found that she had developed a tumor in her brain, wich had knocked out her ability to read English, recently actually survived her surgery and was going home soon.

I'm kind of really, really pissed off that noone told me about it when I ****ing asked where she was.

Harsh them not telling you.

-Elwood Blues

To say the least, I have'nt been able to meet up with them as much as I've wanted to, but damn it. That's kind of serious enough to warrant telling me...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's the only thing I heard she can't do anymore (Wich sucks for someone that was really into WoW for instance.), but it's quite possible that other things are affected; Memories that are gone, and personality changes.

It's that time again - beef jerky order sent. :biggrin:

Also, my Sherlock Season1 comes with the original 60 minute pilot (vs. the resultant 90 min 1st episode). Think I'll watch it while eating lunch. Apparently it's quite different in locale settings and pacing/plotting, altho also very much the same.

Why didn't they tell you? That's rather messed up, imo. It wasn't by her request or something, was it?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not as far as I know, the only thing they ever said when I asked was "she home", "she could'nt make it". Another friend was'nt told either, and was just as upset as I was when I told him an hour or two ago, when I tried to find out why noone told me.

One person thought that I "did'nt care about such things". O.o

One person thought that I "did'nt care about such things". O.o

Not sure if that's an insult or a compliment.

-Elwood Blues

In my experience, that describes the vast majority of college girls(almost all Americans in my case) I've encountered. The only thing that is worse is when they think that after (insert sexual act, from kissing to ...) you are dating them. I would advise enjoying the fun, but be prepared to run like hell the morning after or if you encounter them again.

Try being appallingly rubbish in bed. Works for me.

• Like 5

-Elwood Blues

You should have built a redoubt out of mealie bags behind the pool table, and held out.

I now have a mental image of Ros, one foot resting on a wall of mealie bags, beverage of choice pointing at the charging exchange students as he turns to the handful of men cowering behind the makeshift fortifications: "Once more unto the breach, dear friends..."

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

It has Brian Blessed in it.

Rewriting Shakespear to fit the actors:

"Henry V's alive?"

"Ah well, to be or not to be." [turns to hawkmen and laughs] "DIVE!"

"Unto the breach my brave Hawkmen! Let this be known forever as St. Crispin's Day"

"Henry V... when the ship hits the breach you'll be killed; this is suicide!"

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Not sure if that's an insult or a compliment.

Well, I took it as an insult, I've always bent over backwards in helping and being there for my friends, and her not noticing made me feel ****. Goddamn bimbo.

Having difficulties deciding what to do today, mowing the lawn or help fixing my friends rallycar.