What are you playing now?

Pidesco

now 12 hours into The Last of Us, and a little over halfway through i think.  looks like the game will be about 20 hours or so

best survival/action/horror game since resident evil 4.  but not quite as good as RE4 was on release.  It has a major stealth component that RE4 did not have, and a little less emphasis on combat and gear. 

Interesting note: the game keeps getting better the longer i play it,  very different than most modern games. 

i'll wait to make more updates until i finish the game

Still haven't finished the game. After the Fall chapter started, I somehow totally lost motivation. I'll guess the game felt too repetitive to me. How knows when I will decide to finally finish it.

i do wonder about that, so far it seems like the devs have done a decent job changing up the scenario from chapter to chapter, but like RE4, it could end up growing a bit repetitive/overstaying its welcome.  i tend to think that games relying heavily on tension and storytelling would be better keeping their length in check to avoid that issue.  I'm pretty sure you are past the halfway point, (you are farther than me, but probably not by much)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i dont remember fart pants in the pc version, is it console exclusive? some kind of meta-joke at blizzard about how console gamers are all 12 years old?

did they drop off a normal enemy or were they in some easter egg type setup?

I can't recall where exactly I got them, but it was from a "rare" encounter type enemy in one of the dungeons in Act I.  To be honest, I don't even know what the fart bomb does -- if anything.  Every minute or so my character will let out a huge cloud of gas, with the status effect "Stinky" on.  It doesn't seem to actually affect anything though, at least from what I've seen.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I can't recall where exactly I got them, but it was from a "rare" encounter type enemy in one of the dungeons in Act I.  To be honest, I don't even know what the fart bomb does -- if anything.  Every minute or so my character will let out a huge cloud of gas, with the status effect "Stinky" on.  It doesn't seem to actually affect anything though, at least from what I've seen.

Maybe they once belonged to that farting, gluttonous boss's half-demon grandson.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Still playing Diablo III.  I came across a pair of pants that are really high level (great stats), but one flaw: my character literally farts and drops a cloud of stink every few minutes.  It would have actually been funny if the characters around him comment on it, but they don't.

LOL.

If you're on Euro server PM me and I'll give you my battle tag or whatever its called. Just levelled a new character up to sixty.

sonsofgygax.JPG

If any of you are having trouble playing Rome 2, ATI and Nvidia have both released new drivers and CA have released a patch.

Some graphic slider you should change if your having bad slowdown in battles:

Sky: This caused quite a lot of FPS slowdown on my PC. 

Unit Detail: The difference between High and Ultra is manly for render distance, Ultra means further away troops rendered at top quality. However when zoomed in, they look identical. This kills FPS.

Setting everything High, with textures on Ultra with 2x anti-aliasing gets me 35-50 FPS during battles. Nothing changes the campaign map though...

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

now 12 hours into The Last of Us, and a little over halfway through i think.  looks like the game will be about 20 hours or so

best survival/action/horror game since resident evil 4.  but not quite as good as RE4 was on release.  It has a major stealth component that RE4 did not have, and a little less emphasis on combat and gear. 

Interesting note: the game keeps getting better the longer i play it,  very different than most modern games. 

i'll wait to make more updates until i finish the game

Still haven't finished the game. After the Fall chapter started, I somehow totally lost motivation. I'll guess the game felt too repetitive to me. How knows when I will decide to finally finish it.

i do wonder about that, so far it seems like the devs have done a decent job changing up the scenario from chapter to chapter, but like RE4, it could end up growing a bit repetitive/overstaying its welcome.  i tend to think that games relying heavily on tension and storytelling would be better keeping their length in check to avoid that issue.  I'm pretty sure you are past the halfway point, (you are farther than me, but probably not by much)

They way you talk about it, i don't think you'll have problems with that. ANd he's 4 chapters before end, with the last two being very short. So very close to the end. ALthough it is hard to tell the length of the game, since people need anything from 12 to 20 or even more to finish it. Depends on how much time you spent looking around and staring at nature. :)

Anyway suburbs is a great chapter, i especially liked the items lying around telling you the story of people living there.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I'm off to go grab some good wine and meat, then settle in with Star Wars Rebellion. As in

Rebellion_interfaz_1.jpg

Absolutely cracking game, once you get used to how it works.

Later on, probably play some Borderlands 2.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I love still discovering new unmarked caves and random encounters in New Vegas that I haven't run into yet.

I always hit the Abandoned Brotherhood Bunker in unpatched vanilla because of the skill book. I never really noticed the Sierra Madre stuff inside there until now since I've played UE.

Same thing with the spray paint by the entrance to Lonesome Road.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Saints row 4.

By far the weakest game in the series.

The storyline goes so far of the deep end that developers decided to end it.

If irrelevant plot wasn't enough the gameplay gets broken with superpowers early on.

With super-travel there is no need for any vehicles and being forced into one feels like a chore.

Combat is even worse as there are so many laser flashes and explosions that you are rarely on your feet and not blind. 

I wouldn't even finish the thing if it wasn't for constant references to previous games pulling me with nostalgia.

Playing Septerra Core. Had I not been used to slow battle systems, I might have ripped off my own chest hair in despair. Other than that, I think the game is okay. Reached Shell 3 so far.

If it weren't possible to one-shot 99% of mobs with one card combination halfway through the game, I think I would've quit that game.

The dungeons are ridiculously big and all you do is run around pulling switches.

0X38GNU.jpg

At least Anachronox had interesting dungeons and a lot of interesting sidestuff to do. Characters were a lot more likable as well.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm off to go grab some good wine and meat, then settle in with Star Wars Rebellion. As in

Rebellion_interfaz_1.jpg

Absolutely cracking game, once you get used to how it works.

Later on, probably play some Borderlands 2.

I played that when I was little.... I had The Emperor and Vader in Custody but couldn't take Coursecant (had it blocaded for half the game) because of double shielding. Any infiltration I tried to pull off was stopped....

By a Force Sensative Admrial Bloody Ozzel. I kid you not.

Anywho. I'm still working around in Rome 2. I think the way they designed the Armies is FANTASTIC, and it actually could be used to much greater effect. But right now the game needs a bit more optomization and a few restructurings for it to fit well into it's role.

The biggest thing being that they need to take a hint from Civ and make it so that I don't have to click to see all the information for ANYONE. At the same time the squalor/food system is a bit stupid (Basically squalor effects happiness, and food is finite in your empire and is manipulated by buildings... ALL high tier buildings eat up food and produce squalor. At least one person has taken to leaving a few garrison Legions in different parts of Europe just to run around and kill the resulting uprisings (once the uprising begins, there's an automatic reduction in unhappiness because the unhappy people join the Rebel army). It ends up netting him a pretty good workforce of slaves.

I'm currently getting my money back up (at peace you earn a whole pile more money than at war), so I can continue my conquests. The AI is just frustrating because if there's a coastal city that's controlled by Rebels, the AI players will blockade that sucker but never fight it, and you can't mount an offensive to take it yourself either.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There was a Summoner 2? Maybe I knew that once and forgot....I loved the first game, at least for a couple playthroughs.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Decided I fancied a runthrough of Alpha Protocol, booted up just after watching an Interview with Mr Avellone, now is it just me or is Mr Thornton's body shape modelled after the aforementioned gentleman?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Starting up a game of Of Orcs and Men.  Just getting my feet wet, but I like it so far.  Then again, I am an Orc-o-phile, so putting me in control of an Orc and a Goblin is automatic bonus points.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Starting up a game of Of Orcs and Men.  Just getting my feet wet, but I like it so far.  Then again, I am an Orc-o-phile, so putting me in control of an Orc and a Goblin is automatic bonus points.

I would like to get your review of the game later, this was one of the few games that I actually uninstalled after playing it for about 4 hours. I felt the game was very simplistic, the maps were walk from point x to point b with very little diversion. Also I got frustrated in the combat as I kept getting killed as I had apparently chosen the wrong skill set  for my characters

But saying all that I may give the game another go :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Baldur's Gate Trilogy"

There is no BG trilogy so how do you manage that?

There is a third BG but it was released to hard core fans and loyal Bioware supporters, its a big secret so please don't tell anyone !!!

Ask Alan, he should know about it :unsure:

• Like 3

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Baldur's Gate Trilogy"

There is no BG trilogy so how do you manage that?

There is a third BG but it was released to hard core fans and loyal Bioware supporters, its a big secret so please don't tell anyone !!!

Ask Alan, he should know about it :unsure:

For God's sake don't tell Volo about it. Oh sh...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.