What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Started Misery 2.0 today. Within minutes of gameplay, I was minding my own business and in awe at the level of work put in this mod. Not long after, I starting hearing noises of a pseudogiant. I thought to myself 'No, that's bull****. The mod couldn't possibly throw one of these in my face this early in the game, right?' Pfftt. Of course it did. It was like a million miles away from me though, so I wasn't worried about it catching me or anything.

But the damn thing chased me from where I started to about halfway to Skadovsk. Oh and while I was mocking that giant, a couple of blind dogs thought it would be absolutely hilarious to end my life too. I was able to make it to Skadovsk and I almost died in the process. Not too happy on how I started.

This mod is awesome.

Yes it is, it absolutely is.  You did better than I did.  I died 4 times before I ever made it to Skadovsk as a sniper.  I really need to get a better sniper rifle.  The 1891/30 (Nagant) is a decent gun, but it's just way too slow firing because it's bolt-action to take on anything beyond 1 or 2 enemies at a time (the meager 5 round magazine doesn't help either), unless you get your ass perched up in a real good inaccessible spot with good cover.  I need to get my hands on a Dragunov SVD, then it's on like mother ****ing Donkey Kong dealing semi-auto death from afar.  Of course, I'd trade the Dragunov's semi-auto firing rate for the slower firing bolt-action Sako TRG-42 any day, because of the ridiculous stopping power and ruthless accuracy, but I don't envision getting one of those until much later in the game.  No way they would let me have an uber killing gun like that early on.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Was looking up the voice actor for BL2's Axton and discovered he's one of the player chr's in Orcs Must Die 2. Looked it up...sounds exactly like Axton ... (and Lilith too?) I may have to get this game. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Now playing the Falskar Mod for Skyrim. The REALLY did a great job with this. If you still have Skyrim check this out: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37994/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Myth: The Fallen Lords, forgotten how good this was.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm finding Defiance really addictive.  I don't even know why, to be honest.  The story is "meh", the combat is kind of clunky and mediocre.  Maybe it's just appealing to my completionist side, with so many things to do and so many things to try and achieve (for instance, trying to unlock a certain outfit because my current one looks like garbage).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Started Misery 2.0 today. Within minutes of gameplay, I was minding my own business and in awe at the level of work put in this mod. Not long after, I starting hearing noises of a pseudogiant. I thought to myself 'No, that's bull****. The mod couldn't possibly throw one of these in my face this early in the game, right?' Pfftt. Of course it did. It was like a million miles away from me though, so I wasn't worried about it catching me or anything.

But the damn thing chased me from where I started to about halfway to Skadovsk. Oh and while I was mocking that giant, a couple of blind dogs thought it would be absolutely hilarious to end my life too. I was able to make it to Skadovsk and I almost died in the process. Not too happy on how I started.

This mod is awesome.

Yes it is, it absolutely is.  You did better than I did.  I died 4 times before I ever made it to Skadovsk as a sniper.  I really need to get a better sniper rifle.  The 1891/30 (Nagant) is a decent gun, but it's just way too slow firing because it's bolt-action to take on anything beyond 1 or 2 enemies at a time (the meager 5 round magazine doesn't help either), unless you get your ass perched up in a real good inaccessible spot with good cover.  I need to get my hands on a Dragunov SVD, then it's on like mother ****ing Donkey Kong dealing semi-auto death from afar.  Of course, I'd trade the Dragunov's semi-auto firing rate for the slower firing bolt-action Sako TRG-42 any day, because of the ridiculous stopping power and ruthless accuracy, but I don't envision getting one of those until much later in the game.  No way they would let me have an uber killing gun like that early on.

What do you think of the new economy system?

I haven't progressed too far into the game myself, yet I still had one of my alarm bells chime while trading with Beard. I gave him one flesh eye and three, maybe four, pieces of flesh meat. In return, I made a little more than a grand. I couldn't help but think what if I had some meat from a bloodsucker... what would he give me for that, you know.

Are you finding money easier to come by compared to vanilla?

Edited by Inyourprime

Guest Slinky

Played Skyrim. Killed some skeleton dude named Red Eagle. Then I had the pleasure of slaying a dragon. (Hitting him in the face and drinking potions.)

Hah, Red Eagle sure was a good 'ol Bethesda moment. Lore says the guy destroyed armies and killed thousands by himself with his flaming sword. Then comes the player, the DRAGONBORN, the center of the universe, and beats the crap out of the guy with his crappy self made weapon, which does three times the damage than Red Eagles legendary flaming sword.

Started playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown the first time. Never played any XCOM game before, almost bought UFO: Extraterrestrials once but something held me back. Liking it so far, but some things annoy me. Like:

- Enemies coming out of nowhere, either just materializing out of thin air or dropping down like they been howering over the area the whole time

- The soldiers look like they have been abducted from gears of war, men look like they eat steroids for breakfast and the guns are HUGE

- Soldiers from different nationalities gets rendered pretty dumb if they all speak perfect english with perfect american accent

- I wish the team was somehow more visible, I have trouble seeing where the rest of my team is when I'm figuring out where to put my last guy on my turn

- It would be nice if the camera would keep the zoom level I set, and I sure would prefer free rotation instead of the four preset angles

And since I've never played any XCOM before, I haven't got a clue what I should research/build. One of those games I will enjoy much more on the second playthrough, when I actually know what I should be doing :p

To be fair, he's the toughest enemy I have encountered so far.

About X-com: I've never played any of the games before EU, and didn't really know what to research, in the end, I just went with what I thought was good for the moment. Make sure that you keep the same types of facilities close to each other for adjacent bonuses. 

Played through Shadowrun Returns.  It's a good game, but the toolset/editor is what's really cool. I'm looking forward to playing some user generated content once the mod community gets up and running.

I'm on the road right now, but when I get home tonight I will be buying the Quake-Con pack they have on Steam right now.  I own a few of the games in the pack, but they have awesome old classics (Hexen! Hexen II!) that I can see myself playing for a good long while.  Oh, and I recently fired up Dosbox to play a game of Quest for Glory 1.  An RPG that was incredibly ahead of its time.

What do you think of the new economy system?

I haven't progressed too far into the game myself, yet I still had one of my alarm bells chime while trading with Beard. I gave him one flesh eye and three, maybe four, pieces of flesh meat. In return, I made a little more than a grand. I couldn't help but think what if I had some meat from a bloodsucker... what would he give me for that, you know.

Are you finding money easier to come by compared to vanilla?

I sold bloodsucker meat for 277 RU each.  To be honest, I didn't notice the economy changes until you brought it up.  I don't think it makes the game easier or cheapens the experience at all.  Money is still very tight.

I just did the jump into the anomaly deal and got to the crashed chopper on top of the plateau.  It took me some 6 tries to correctly repeat Noah's pattern and get through the burning area safely, and by safely I mean damaged but survived.  With the gear I looted off the dead soldier I should be able to afford some head gear with a breathing apparatus.  Part of me want to save the money to get a better sniper rifle, but I think the headgear is more important at this point.  I desperately need to raise my resistance to radiation and poison.  I should check to see if the Dragunov you can get for free early in the game is there in the Misery Mod.  I doubt it, but it's worth a look.  Upgrading from the 1891 to the Dragunov would make one heck of a difference.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I sold bloodsucker meat for 277 RU each.  To be honest, I didn't notice the economy changes until you brought it up.  I don't think it makes the game easier or cheapens the experience at all.  Money is still very tight.

I just did the jump into the anomaly deal and got to the crashed chopper on top of the plateau.  It took me some 6 tries to correctly repeat Noah's pattern and get through the burning area safely, and by safely I mean damaged but survived.  With the gear I looted off the dead soldier I should be able to afford some head gear with a breathing apparatus.  Part of me want to save the money to get a better sniper rifle, but I think the headgear is more important at this point.  I desperately need to raise my resistance to radiation and poison.  I should check to see if the Dragunov you can get for free early in the game is there in the Misery Mod.  I doubt it, but it's worth a look.  Upgrading from the 1891 to the Dragunov would make one heck of a difference.

Okay. That's good to hear. I mean I don't want to feel as if traders are ripping me off and I don't want to be a some poor bastard who can't afford anything, but at the same time I don't want money fall out of the sky. Ha.

Did you have a SEVA suit? Or did you have just a gas mask? I don't want to go there just yet without one of the two. The reason being is near the boiler anomaly helping those two stalkers, I died 4 times before I told myself it wasn't worth the effort just yet.

Okay. That's good to hear. I mean I don't want to feel as if traders are ripping me off and I don't want to be a some poor bastard who can't afford anything, but at the same time I don't want money fall out of the sky. Ha.

Did you have a SEVA suit? Or did you have just a gas mask? I don't want to go there just yet without one of the two. The reason being is near the boiler anomaly helping those two stalkers, I died 4 times before I told myself it wasn't worth the effort just yet.

Nah, all I had was a heavy overcoat and a headwrap.  Now I've traded in the headwrap for a PMK gasmask.  Still not exactly great protection from the environment, but better than what I had before.

Also, the Dragunov is not there (past the Sawmill), as suspected.  Oh well.  It will probably be a while until i get a decent rifle.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Nah, all I had was a heavy overcoat and a headwrap.  Now I've traded in the headwrap for a PMK gasmask.  Still not exactly great protection from the environment, but better than what I had before.

Also, the Dragunov is not there (past the Sawmill), as suspected.  Oh well.  It will probably be a while until i get a decent rifle.

Okay. I might just make my way there then. I have enough money to buy a gas mask now and some better armor... hopefully.

Figures... I might have to call in a favor to good ol' Nimbel then if I want a better rifle. I did find a AKS-74 at Izumrundnye (sp?). It was completely useless when I found and I can't fathom how much it would take to repair it. 

The dead soldier near the crashed helicopter on top of the plateau has a scoped AKS-74 that's in very good condition, plus a bunch of ammo for it.  He also has a lightly modified Makarov pistol.  I kept the pistol because I need something I can use while holding a flashligh.  The Makarov is weak, but it's better than nothing.  I sold the assault rifle so that I could afford the PMK gasmask.  It's a decent rifle, but not my thing since I'm a sniper.  It's easy enough to get to Noah, and on top of the plateau you'll most likely only have to deal with several snorks.  It's not too hard if you're careful, though I still died a while bunch of times trying to get through the burning field and once to the snorks.  I wasn't paying enough attention, I deserved to die.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Finished all the co-op related pursuits in Defiance.  The last one actually unlocked a cool looking armor.  No other pursuits are within range for me, so it's going to be days or even weeks of slogging through to complete the next one.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Got my intro map complete except for the Matrix parts. I've figured out how to handle the turrets, how to handle the opening conversations, and I'm doing away with the waves outside of the matrix segment since you can't have unlimited waves.

Just going to write the scene description and then hit up Metro 2033.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just got to the crashed helicopter in the swamp.  Had to deal with a couple of Bloodsuckers to make it to it and consequently died a couple of times in the process.  Bloodsuckers aren't super tough or anything, but they're a bother to deal with in an open field with tons of shrubs to obscure vision and a break-action shotgun as my best weapon for the job.  The best strategy I guess is to let them get almost on you and blast them at point-blank range.  Of course, if the timing or aim is off...  death.  Man, I need some better weaponry in a bad way.  I kinda wish I had kept that AKS-74.  It would have swiss-cheesed those Bloodsuckers.

:p

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I found a unique akm at the top of Noah's boat! And it's broken:teehee: I'll never complete my grand master plan of killing all the bloodsuckers at their lair by my own hands, not gas. I need better weapons... and explosives.

^ I may just stop pursuing the above dream and start going to the helicopter crash sites. I haven't been to any of them yet. I mean, I'm more than ready - I have a sunrise suit with a gas mask, but still with the two starter weapons with the sniper class and I am starting to regret the sunrise suit. Should have saved up for the SEVA suit. Oh well... at least I have a good amount of AP ammo for both guns.

Oh, by the way keyrock, I don't know if the you've found any of the tools yet for Cadan but I've found two of them so far. The basic tools were in at the Ranger station and the calibration tools were at the Sawmill.

Edited by Inyourprime

Got to play several of my SWTor characters over the weekend. My Commando is now level 41 and is visiting Balmorra, while my Bounty Hunter has reached level 47 and is exploring Hoth. The latter is a rather cool place (the pun!). Ran into a Jawa named Blizz. Very hard not to like Jawas. I've never seen these guys ever write anything, so maybe Jawascript isn't invented (yet)?

Anyway, knew from spoilers (&^%$# general chat) that he is a future companion. Sort of looking forward to it, as the few verbal exchanges so far were hilarious (in a good way).

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oh, by the way keyrock, I don't know if the you've found any of the tools yet for Cadan but I've found two of them so far. The basic tools were in at the Ranger station and the calibration tools were at the Sawmill.

Cool.  The tools at the Ranger Station will be a breeze.  I'm not looking forward to going to the Sawmill and having to kill a horde of zombies. Not that it's difficult.  At least I should be able to buy back all the ammo I'll use up killing the zombies withall the gear I'll be able to salvage, it will be a tense and slow trek back to Skadovsk with all that mostly broken gear weighing me down.

I finally got a pump-action shotgun.  It was just over 50% when I got it and I decided it was worth fixing.  It's a little bit less powerful than the break-action I started out with, but I'll gladly give up a bit of stopping power for vastly larger capacity and a little bit faster firing rate.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸