Shadowrun Returns

Pidesco

If Dragonfall is anything like The Deadman's Switch, then I expect money will stop being an issue in the latter portions of the game, unless you play a character that goes through medkits like he's popping candies and lobs grenades by the half dozen.

I like the fact that I've been able to use my rigging skills a couple of times now outside of just controlling my drone and having it shoot up my enemies.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Aaaand it's done. Fhew. An improvement in all respects over DMS. I was perfectly happy with the base game, too, considering the financial and other constraints the developers had to work with, but Dragonfall I'm perfectly happy with, full stop.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Playing an Adept/Mage. Love that Adept spells have passive benefits now, and encounters are a step-up so far.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Just finished my first play through of DF as a Decker/pistoleer. It is significantly better than Dead Man's Switch. Save system is better, economy is better, interactivity is better, encounters are better, just better all around. I think my only complaint over the game is: now that you have a runner group of companions you should be able to access their inventory more frequently to give them stuff from your stash. At present, unless I missed something, you can only give them stuff at the beginning of missions and sometimes your inventory is full while their's is empty. Why can't I select Glory's inventory when I pick up a med kit? Or Dietrich's inventory when I find a fetish? It is irritating, but it is mostly a late game issue. everything else is a thumbs up.

• Like 1

Never played the first game, but Dragonfall got me interested, as I live in the Berlin area. Played a bit over 1 hour and so far it's quite fun.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Dead Man's Switch was really enjoyable, but Dragonall really shows how much this developer has grown artistically, game engine wise, and with character development.  I look forward to whatever they do next and I've gotten way above my moneys worth.

• Like 4

Pretty sure it's because when they started, they had to invest most resources into the editing tools. Now that this stuff was done, they had more time for the real game.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Dead Man's Switch was really enjoyable, but Dragonall really shows how much this developer has grown artistically, game engine wise, and with character development.  I look forward to whatever they do next and I've gotten way above my moneys worth.

I agree. I haven't played much, but the companions also seem to be an area they are improving on. We'll see.

4 hours in. Agreed that it's an improvent over a Dead Man's Switch. Really enjoying it.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Pretty sure it's because when they started, they had to invest most resources into the editing tools. Now that this stuff was done, they had more time for the real game.

Yeah, it really seems like it's a situation of being able to focus on the content aspects rather than pipelines/infrastructure and so forth.

Edited by alanschu

This is looking like it will get bumped up to third on the to do list after South Park.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I'm really liking Dragonfall too, I just wish it didn't have a bug or two in every mission.

And Blitz's subplot makes me want to bang a hole in a wall with my head.

Edited by Oner

I just finished my second playthrough and I discovered a lot of stuff that I had missed the first time around

but...

everything still plays out the same way no matter what you do but It's not that surprising considering the budget and timetable involved. You always only get the same missions so it doesn't matter if you piss off your employers because there are no follow up jobs anyway. You can, however, skip the last run if you budget and hoard accordingly.

I can't wait for the next campaign, expansion, DLC, whatever

Edit- we need a kickstarter to get Obsidian to make a mod so I can die happy

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Finished Dragonfall and I must say I really enjoyed it. Much better than the original campaign and one of the most well-written games I've played probably. Shadowrun is pretty silly in a lot of ways but they really managed to find the right "beat" with the story.

Really good, hope they get to make more.

• Like 2

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Just finished Dragonfall. Much better than DMS but STILL NO PARTY INVENTORY MANAGEMENT. Seriously. How hard can it be? I finished the game with ~10k left because there was literally nothing to buy. Some of the spells/guns looted in certain runs that I couldn't use were only good to sell for more money that I couldn't spend anyway. Bah.

Atmosphere was pretty good (as in DMS) but I wish the ending sequence was more reactive. And I'm kinda butthurt that

I didn't get to kick the villain in the face till my foot fell off after he made me chew through a gajillion generic elite mercs. Shutting Audran up was almost as satisfying as suckerpunching McKlusky in DMS, though.

They fixed deckers being basically useless which is good, but Matrix sequences are still soul crushingly boring, which is not so good.

Other than that, it's the best game I've played all year. If they can keep the progression up, the next campaign should be nothing short of a classic.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I finally finished Dragonfall this morning -- It was such a huge improvement over DMS.

I did find the last set of levels to be a bit boring, and also some stuff just went over my head...

What was the ventilation terminal/map you get on the level before the final fight for? I could change which vent, and activate a bypass mode, but I have no idea what it did.

I was cranky when I bought my final decker "armor" and it looked like a brown version of my starting gear, however. I looked like Indiana Jones(without the hat) with a keytar stuck on my back :p I wish my character could have looked as cool as the NPCs in the game.

Edited by Noviere