Shadowrun Returns

Pidesco

Another cool new toy is… exploding barrels! Because… video games. (Actually, our engineers went above and beyond with this feature and now we can make any actor explode with any type of effect or damage, and even leave behind damage-over-time effects on the tiles in the area.

:biggrin:

I think they said in an earlier update that you can import your previous character?

Hm, they didn't. Guess I confused it with some other game.

Edited by Oner

Seems simple enough, move the ground tiles, put a light source at the front. Simple in concept, anyway. Figuring out the right timing on movement to make it smooth would be pain.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest update on kickstarter:

Hey Everyone!

We just want to send out a quick update to share some good news. Thanks to a new agreement we were able to negotiate with our partners at Microsoft, Harebrained Schemes is pleased to announce that we are now able to release fully DRM-free versions of Shadowrun Returns and future expansions such as Berlin.

The DRM-free versions of SRR and Berlin will continue to be fully supported. You'll be able to download all game patches, use the Shadowrun Returns editor and experience user-generated content downloaded from third-party sites such as Nexus.

We’re starting work to get Shadowrun Returns available on GOG.com right now - not sure how long that will take but we’ll let you know as soon as we have an answer.

We’re very excited we’re finally able to offer Shadowrun DRM-free to everyone and look forward to making it available!

Take care,

HBS

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

SIgs... Beaten me by few seconds ;(

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Hey Everyone!

We just want to send out a quick update to share some good news. Thanks to a new agreement we were able to negotiate with our partners at Microsoft, Harebrained Schemes is pleased to announce that we are now able to release fully DRM-free versions of Shadowrun Returns and future expansions such as Berlin.

The DRM-free versions of SRR and Berlin will continue to be fully supported. You'll be able to download all game patches, use the Shadowrun Returns editor and experience user-generated content downloaded from third-party sites such as Nexus.

We’re starting work to get Shadowrun Returns available on GOG.com right now - not sure how long that will take but we’ll let you know as soon as we have an answer.

We’re very excited we’re finally able to offer Shadowrun DRM-free to everyone and look forward to making it available!

Take care,

HBS

Very nice

I now feel better about contributing as much as I did

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Woohoo :D Very nice move! So I finally downloaded the latest DRM free version from my account at Harebrained Schemes and installed it - enjoying it much more than I thought I would so far :D Been playing it for hours: Good writing, interesting fights, especially when a decker is additionally involved :) Save system is abysmal of course, but that's slated to change as well.

Consider me a satisfied customer who'll buy DRM free expansions happily :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

And just goes to show that fans voicing their opinion can make a difference ;)

Not sure that that made much difference- while I'm sure HBS got a lot of pressure on it it had to be OKed by MS, and any pressure they were getting on the issue would be a minute drop in the bucket whether from fans or from HBS. Whatever the case* it's certainly good to see. Would also be good for GOG if it's accepted (which it surely has to be) since it would technically get Microsoft on board there, and apart from LucasArts and maybe 2k they'd be the biggest catch left for them.

*From MS's perspective it surely has to be seen as stupid to subsidise a competitor (steam) due to an insistence on DRM and I'd suspect that was the deciding factor. Explaining to shareholders how you are insisting that people use a competitor's product would be an... interesting discussion, if it ever came up.

And just goes to show that fans voicing their opinion can make a difference ;)

Not sure that that made much difference- while I'm sure HBS got a lot of pressure on it it had to be OKed by MS, and any pressure they were getting on the issue would be a minute drop in the bucket whether from fans or from HBS. Whatever the case* it's certainly good to see. Would also be good for GOG if it's accepted (which it surely has to be) since it would technically get Microsoft on board there, and apart from LucasArts and maybe 2k they'd be the biggest catch left for them.

*From MS's perspective it surely has to be seen as stupid to subsidise a competitor (steam) due to an insistence on DRM and I'd suspect that was the deciding factor. Explaining to shareholders how you are insisting that people use a competitor's product would be an... interesting discussion, if it ever came up.

I don't see fan pressure as having affected MS' decission.

From the disappointing way HBS had handled the communication of the DRM issue, I have no reason to believe they would have tried to renegotiate with MS if there hadn't been fan backlash.

Ms had already allowed the backer DRM free version despite the original contract. So from the information we have as outsiders, they weren't the uncooperative giant evil one that some people want to paint them as. At least not this time.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Hey Everyone!

Take care,

HBS

YES! YES! YES!

I'm getting my wallet.

...After I fill it with moneh.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So from the information we have as outsiders, they weren't the uncooperative giant evil one that some people want to paint them as. At least not this time.

Yeah, I've always thought the main problem was with HBS and them not reading their contract/ not communicating it properly. MS was under no obligation to fix their stuff ups and credit to them for doing so. 

• Like 3

I've been starting to see more and more games that were published on the 360 by MS finally becoming available DRM-free recently. Mark of the Ninja, Dust An Elysian Tail, Limbo...

I'm assuming it has to do with the changes they've made recently, and this is thankfully tied in with that.

Now I'm hoping I can access my DRM-free copy soon from my HBS accounts page.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

• 1 month later...

Shadowrun Returns Version 1.1.1 Released - Includes French, Spanish and Italian!

Happy Holidays!

As we head toward the release of Shadowrun: Dragonfall at the end of January, we also continue to improve on, add features to, and fix bugs in Shadowrun Returns and the SR Editor.

Since our last update we’ve fixed lots of bugs but the most notable addition in Version 1.1.1 is that French, Italian and Spanish language options are now available. We are (anxiously) awaiting the German and Russian files back from the company doing those translations for us so that we can finish our localization work and make it available to German and Russian speakers.

Version 1.1.1 also contains more of the new Editor features we’ve been using to create Shadowrun: Dragonfall so you can use them too. These include a revamped Thermometer to display more detailed scene performance metrics, a Get Count of Alive Actors data function trigger and a new Display Popup with image and caption. There are quite a few more as well.

You can check out a list of the bug fixes, features and additions on the New Releases page of the Shadowrun Returns wiki.

Kudos

The end of the year always brings out “Best of” lists and we’re really thrilled to find ourselves on a few of those lists including:

Game Debate: Global Game Award as Best RPG of 2013
The AV Club: The AV Club’s Favorite Games
Gamasutra’s Best of 2013: Alex Wawro's Top 5 Video Games
PocketTactics: RPG of the Year Runner-Up
You can still vote for Shadowrun Returns at two different websites. IncGamers.com has nominated us as Best Crowdfunded Game of 2013 and IGN.com has us up for a BLACK BETA SELECT AWARD as 2013 Best Indie. Voting is ongoing so you can still head over to both those sites to vote. (You’ll be eligible for a $2000 gift card over at the IGN.com site, too. You’ll need to add 0111 to your phone number if you’re in the US.)

SNES Reboot

We want to give a heads up to all the SNES Shadowrun fans out there! JR Riedel and his team are creating a reboot of the SNES Shadowrun game using the Shadowrun Returns Editor. A Joystiq article about this effort just came out today and we can’t wait to play it ourselves!

And Finally...

It’s been a hell of a year here and none of it would be possible without the continued support of our amazing Kickstarter Backers. THE YEAR OF SHADOWRUN has been fun and exciting and heartwarming and very, very challenging and we deeply appreciative of the opportunity to make Shadowrun Returns for you.

From Jordan, Mitch, and everyone at Harebrained Schemes, we wish you a very happy holiday season!

See you in 2014!

And remember - “Never trust a dead man.”

HBS

Free games updated 3/4/21

• 1 month later...

Nightmare Harvest was a pretty good campaign, just finished it myself. Didn't like the combat but the writing was pretty damn good and there were some options and how to approach things.

I was briefly checking out Shadowrun Unlimited as well and that looks to have a ton of potential, more of a sandbox really. Still a WIP but well worth checking out.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Pretty excited about this actually. Thought the Dead Man's Switch was... OK mostly. Just looking forward to more Shadowrun at the moment, and I hope they can improve a lot of things in this DLC/expansion.

Also, that music was pretty awesome.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0