Shadowrun Returns

Pidesco

Another advantage we melee-ers have is that moving and attacking are merged into one action: if an enemy is within 1 AP of movement, it only takes the 1 AP to run up and hit them. Being clever with Line of Sight and ranged enemies means I'm often still within striking distance of them, but if they want to hit me they have to waste 1 AP moving to get a clear shot.

oh yeah, I love that! you don't need to aim when your target is in arm's reach I guess  :dancing:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I still can't get the stupid variable scene transition to work, I set it up the way people suggested, and I even checked the base campaign for ideas, but it doesn't work for me.  Bleh.

I did figure out how to make a custom character with almost no karma and make that the starting character of my story.  That was a good mystery to solve.  

I've been spending hours with this toolset, I've had no time for gaming :)

Dang, when you posted earlier I was hoping you had solved it. Is the problem that your story variables aren't being passed between scenes?
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have a global story variable set up and it is showing up in the triggers.  I must not have it set up right, it is a string variable, I think I have to give it a value somewhere or I'm not setting up the trigger or region correctly.  Hopefully someone will upload an example sometime soon, the base campaign is a big mess to look at for help.

I have a decent workaround for my current campaign.  I am going to setup separate instances of the maps, so when you leave one map and then go back, you are actually entering a new version.  That allows me to change NPC's and interactions easier too.

Hm, I am far behind with looking at the editor.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished the main campaign and enjoyed it but I wish it wasn't quite so linear. I would have liked more non story runs and legwork and all that jazz.

A few things I wonder about

-Heal 1 when there are no other Heal spells. Maybe Heal 2 would heal the last 2 or 3 attacks and so on and I did like that they set it up magical healing that way, it made things a bit more interesting

-All the locked doors that there didn't seem to be a way to get past

-Silence spells when there is no stealth

I didn't mind the lack of looting at all but the save system pissed me off more than a few times when I had to start all over again from the beginning of a map

Free games updated 3/4/21

Enemies had a heal spell that healed 25 damage every time. That would have been a nice Heal II.

I quite enjod SRR.  It was a nice (re)introduction in Shadowrun universe. Now back to my 2nd character. and higher difficulty. i wonder if it really changes anything.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I too was wondering about the games reactivity. Let me hit you guys with an example and let me know if anything changed:

While investigating one of the murders, you encounter a guy down the street that wants a necklace off the corpse. When you go back to the body you are presented three options: 1) A Quickness check to act like you dropped your PDA and pick up the necklace. (I didn't have the requisite Quickness). 2) Just pick the necklace up. 3) Talk to the detective (and he winds up giving it to you). I chose option three and he handed me the necklace but what happens if you choose option 2? Anyone pick that option?

Well just as a note, on my second playthrough I was much more direct to the person, and the guy just told me to pike off.  So there is certainly some level of reactivity, though it all seems pretty micro in scale (which is fine).

I both hope and fear mine will be longer than that. I hope it's lengthy enough that it's satisfying, but am afraid it'll be so long I never finish it.

I both hope and fear mine will be longer than that. I hope it's lengthy enough that it's satisfying, but am afraid it'll be so long I never finish it.

I think an hour is a decent goal for a user content pack.  I plan on making a series of them, kind of like episodes, if I can manage the time.  

I had originally planned to do mine as a three-parter, but I was confronted by three problems.

Difficulty in carrying over choices from Act I to Act II if they're separate packs.

Character building and foreshadowing in Act I that's completely unrelated to what's happening in Act I, but incredibly important to Act II.

The ending for Act I sucks as an ending.

So I'm combining all three acts into one pack, cutting out filler content, and adding a prologue. WELCOME TO FEATURE CREEP

• Like 2

I'm keeping it pretty linear, I'll leave the choice and consequences to the big boys.  It is pretty easy to import a character at least, so when someone starts Act II they can keep the same character with all the karma choices they made in Act I.  

So you can't directly edit weapon/spells with the editor. You have to open up some text files which contain the loot tables and edit those.

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

So you can't directly edit weapon/spells with the editor. You have to open up some text files which contain the loot tables and edit those.

Yeah, HBS has hinted that they will release an item editor in the future.

I wonder if it would be possible to make weapons do less damage at certain ranges.  For example, I would set it up so that shotguns lose very little, if any, accuracy over range, but the amount of damage they do drops off dramatically.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So I got my first few areas done, characters and conversationscreated, some quest goals and rewards, and one combat scene.  I loaded it up locally to see how long it takes to play through at a regular pace:

10 minutes   :blink:

Geez, coming up with content is hard, I can see why so many developers throw loads of combat at people, it eats up the time.

• Like 1

I did a Q&A session with some kids at the local science center that were taking part in a game camp over summer.  We got to see the games they created.

One had a moving target that would shoot every second or two that he called his "boss."  What I liked the most, however, was when I asked him about it he was all "Yeah but it was really hard to do!  I had set up all these event trigger things and then I had to figure out how to get it to keep doing it over and over and it had all sorts of problems.  I didn't think it would be so hard!"

Sometimes stuff that seems trivial and easy actually gobbles up a non-trivial amount of time to do.