• 4 weeks later...

So, I wanted to play a game of mine, and Steam is downloading it at 100 kb/s.

What the hell, Steam?

Wasn't that bad when trying 65MB DLC Quest, but this game I want now is 2.9GB. Went 2 mb/s for the first 2.4GB atleast.

Also Steam seems to have issues keeping up what games I play. Several Saints Row III achievements are missing (meh), and it doesn't count my playtime for Binding of Isaac (which I care a bit more for, since that means no cards, which means no cash on the side)...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone else notice if they've added that CEG crap to the older games that didn't have it before? When I tried running KOTOR 1 & 2, Civilizations 3 and Puzzle Quest 2 today straight from the .exe, all of a sudden they were asking for me to be logged in.

Fudge, I hate that steaming pile of crap DRM. Origin & Uplay have endless Offline play; why not them too?

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I think anyone implementing DRM that forces you log in to the internet to simply check in should have to pay the same rates I would have to at home.

4G Satellite

(I knew there was a price drop for it. Installation is now only $99 with a stupid 3 yr contract. They had a promotion for $5/month for an extra 30GB for the first year.)
$45/month 5GB/month 1.5Mbps
$65/month 20GB/month 5.0Mbps $75/$85/month 30GB/40GB
$85/month 20GB/month 10.0Mbps $95/$105/month 30GB/40GB
$3.50/GB you go over your limit

Microwave

($499 installation w/contract $599 w/o. That dropped $100 recently.)
$50/month 15GB/month 1.5Mbps
$60/month 20GB/month 3.0Mbps
$85/month 35GB/month 5.0Mbps
$7.95/GB you go over your limit

Rogers Wireless

($99.99 for the hub with a 2 yr contract. $274.99 m/o. They have 2 flex rate plans. You go to the next tier in plan if you go over the one limit. Get your phone for $10/month more, plus the long distance plan. When I moved to my current house, the stick was about as slow as dial up. It now has close to 4G speeds, depending on reception.)
Plan 1:
$20/month 250MB
$45/month 2GB
$70/month 5GB
$15/GB you go over 5GB
Plan 2:
$60/month 5GB
$75/month 10GB
$90/month 20GB
$10/GB you go over 20GB

Bell Mobility

(basically the same deal/price with the hub. They have one pricing tier.)
$10 - 100MB
$30 - 300MB
$45 - 2GB
$70 - 6GB
$85 - 10GB
$105 - 15GB
$10/GB you go over 15GB

I put the spoilers in to save it from looking like a really really spammy post.

Basically my point is, unless you have a lot of extra money kicking around, and don't use the net much for streaming/downloading stuff that is becoming much more commonplace (and perfectly legal on top of that) it just isn't worth it.

One typical Steam update would probably put you into the third tier at $45/month alone on Bell.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I bought VMBL on a 25% off. Not an earth shattering discount, but I figured a download backup for my increasingly old and scratched optical media wouldn't be a bad idea. Since I could spend $15 on something I already had, I figured I could also spend $15 on something I'm likely never going to play and got Tomb Raider for the same price (at 75% off). You never know if you are going to change your mind in some distant future.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I put the spoilers in to save it from looking like a really really spammy post.

You managed to make me feel better about my miniscule data cap at least. 

(and that 4g satellite ain't. My 3.5G is faster than that by miles.)

Perhaps 4G is their brand name. i'm lovin' it

I pay $60/month for my unlimited 100Mb/s ISP.

Installation was free and came with a surprisingly good wireless router.

Not that Steam seems to care about my speed. Sometimes I get like 300 KB/s and sometimes 15 MB/s.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm far away from Sweden but i've got a good enough connection as well. 20Mb/20Mb  with unlimited data and together with digital tv channels and phone it costs me 55€ per month, so the price could be lower but still awesome. Steam speeds are usually very high, but can drop significantly, depends on the game actually.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

2971232753.png

I have a tiny upload  :unsure:

i've heard it said that you can make up for small size with enough skill

i wouldn't know, my upload is HUGE

:yes:

• Like 2

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

2971232753.png

I have a tiny upload  :unsure:

Yeah, that's what's it's like with Comcast. At least there's no monthly limit with their Business Class and 98% of the time it's been really consistent/predictable/stable. It's that 2% that makes you want to pull your hair out now and then.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A lot of places offer asynchronous speeds (and for most people that's probably good enough).

I mean, if I am uploading at 10Mbps that's roughly 1 MB/s which means it's taking me about 200-300 seconds to do my lets play videos.  That's plenty fast XD